• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outright title sounds WAY better than a shared title! Nice to see some guys step up after they had been struggling, particularly Bell and Benjamin.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ducks on the Pac title, especially in a much improved Pac!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my Pac prediction back in December. Some obvious outliers, but I don't feel bad about it!

AZ 12-6
Utah 11-7
Oregon 11-7
CU 11-7
Cal 10-8
UCLA 10-8
USC 10-8
OSU 9-9
ASU 9-9
UW 6-12
WSU 5-13
Stan 4-14

I was off on Oregon. I had them in a tie for 2nd and they got first, but more so they did 3 games better than I predicted. AZ was 3rd and I had them the winner, but I pegged their record. I had Utah at 2nd, but I was off by 2 games on their record. I was off by one game with Colorado, and one spot in the ranking. I was off by Cal on record by 2, and on place by 2. UCLA was my dumpster fire. I was off by one with USC in both record and placing. I was off by one place with OSU, but spot on with their record. I was off by 3 games with UW, and 3 places. I was off by 3 spots for Stanford, and 5 games on their record. I was pretty far off with Stanford, but still had them clearly in the bottom half. I was pretty off on ASU too; only 2 spots in placing, but 4 games in record. WSU was kinda the same. I had them 11 instead of 12, but 3 games off on record.

Other than UCLA, I was only wrong by 3 places twice, and the rest closer. I was also 3 games or closer except for the bottom feeders (twice, Stan and ASU). For the most part, I was pretty close!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a pretty good season in the PAC. Definitely in the right direction, at least. Now we need to make some noise in the tournament.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a pretty good season in the PAC. Definitely in the right direction, at least. Now we need to make some noise in the tournament.

I really think the Pac can do some real damage in the dance. We've had some nice first weekends the last few years as a conference. I think the stronger conference help put more teams deep into the second weekend. The top 5 teams in the conference had a total of 4 losses at home this year. And that doesn't count the non-con where Cal went to UVA and AZ went to GU. With 4-5 games being in such harsh environments against great teams, it relieves a lot of pressure of the second weekend. That's what I think a strong conference brings. I know it doesn't hurt!

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think the though road atmosphere in the conference helps harden them against the inevitably hostile crowds they will find in the tournament . The Ducks winning in the Cats' house in particular should give them the confidence in the tourney, even if Zona had their best player out.

I do think most of the PAC teams should fair well in their bracket. However, if the brackets I've seen play out as predicted it might end up with a PAC team ending another's dreams if they win the rounds to get there.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Oregon on winning the regular season title. Next year, things will be different. :nod:

So looking forward to March Madness, gonna be wild.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fight put up by the Trojans, but wasn't enough to stop the Ducks. I'm very happy that Oregon seized the title outright. They could have easily laid an egg on the road with already being the number 1 seed and having at least a share of the conference champion. I really like their chances in the tournament because the tend to play the same game home or away and have multiple guys that can put up numbers so teams can't focus on just one player to shut down.

Anyhow, good luck in the conference tourney, Trojans, unless you end up against the Ducks.

Even the "Oops, the lights went out" trick didn't work. :lol:

Seriously though, congrats to the Ducks. When we made the run in the 2nd half, I thought the Ducks would decide a tie for the conference title and still having the #1 seed was good enough, but they wanted to be greedy bastards and have the title all to themselves.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawle Alkins #17 overall commit, joins two more 5 stars in AZ's recruiting class.

Sean Miller now still in on Josh Jackson and Terrence Ferguson. My god.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawle Alkins #17 overall commit, joins two more 5 stars in AZ's recruiting class.

Sean Miller now still in on Josh Jackson and Terrence Ferguson. My god.

He only has one scholly left though, right? Unless he starts redshirting guys?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has one scholly left though, right? Unless he starts redshirting guys?

Still a possibility Trier declares, or one of PJC, Simon or Allen transfers. My guess is they just end up with 1 of Jackson or Ferguson with JJ being more likely.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redshirting still counts toward the scholarship limit.

I know that in general, but I thought there were also ways of getting guys without scholarship, but they have to redshirt. Academic redshirt is one, right?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a possibility Trier declares, or one of PJC, Simon or Allen transfers. My guess is they just end up with 1 of Jackson or Ferguson with JJ being more likely.

I guess Pitts is still eligible next year, right? Do you think he will still have a scholly waiting?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Pitts is still eligible next year, right? Do you think he will still have a scholly waiting?
Dude are you serious? Elliot Pitts will never play another second for Arizona. How is that not obvious at this point?

We have enough scholarships, don't you worry about that.

JJ please come make this the greatest recruiting class in the history of UA, and let's go get that Natty