• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs and York save AZ. Third good win for AZ heading into the P12 tourney.
Like I said in another thread, York could shoot us to a 1st round exit or a deep tourney run. 19 in the second half, wow.

BUT we played like shit overall. Lucky to walk away with that one

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good that the Cats pulled it out. Cal is looking pretty serious of late.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm telling you, from my seat in McKale, that was a terrible game for both teams. The win looks good on paper to some, so I'll take the desperately needed quality win, but both teams looked like shit. No one deserved to win that shit except for Gabe York in the 2nd half. Good job to AZ for showing resilience, but they cause the hole they dug themselves out of. 11 total assists and both teams shoot combined less than 40%. Allen had 6 dimes, and no one else in white passed the ball. We are lacking in boards the last 3 games, and that is not like AZ.

Can't look like that at home because we only have one more home game left. Glad we won, but we need to be consistently improving right now, and we're stagnating.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any predictions on the Pac teams that make the dance and their seeds?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much rides on the P12 tourney.

If Oregon wins beating Utah in the finals:
Oregon 2
Utah 3
Cal 4
Arizona 5
Colorado 9
USC 10
Oregon St 11

If Arizona wins beating Oregon and Utah:
Arizona might get a 2 but more likely both us and Oregon both get 3's, mostly everything else stays the same

If Utah wins beating Cal and Oregon/Arizona:
Utah gets a 2
Oregon might still get a 2 if they make the final
Arizona 3 if beat Oregon, 4/5 if lose to them

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As @dcZONAfan said, alot does depend on the Conference Tournament games. I'm not sure of the tie-breakers, but if Cal and Zona finish 12-6 in conference, based on how it is now Arizona would be the 4 seed? There's a big difference between AZ being the 3 or 4 seed. If they are the 3 seed, I think they make the Finals against Oregon. If they are the 4 seed, I think they could potentially lose to Oregon in the Semi's. If I had to project out based on AZ being the 4 seed, I would go as follows:

Pac 12 Tournament Prediction:

Oregon over Utah in the Final.

Seedings for the NCAA Tournament:

Oregon - #2 seed
Utah - #3 seed
Arizona - #5 seed
California - #6 seed
USC - #8 seed
Colorado - #9 seed
Oregon State - Play in Game so #11/#12/#13 seed.

If Washington wins the conference tournament, I'd project them on the 10 line.
If Stanford wins the conference tournament, I'd project them on the 11 line.
If UCLA/ASU win the conference tournament, I'd project both of them on the 13 line.
If Washington State wins the conference tournament, I'd project them 16 line.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @dcZONAfan said, alot does depend on the Conference Tournament games. I'm not sure of the tie-breakers, but if Cal and Zona finish 12-6 in conference, based on how it is now Arizona would be the 4 seed? There's a big difference between AZ being the 3 or 4 seed. If they are the 3 seed, I think they make the Finals against Oregon. If they are the 4 seed, I think they could potentially lose to Oregon in the Semi's. If I had to project out based on AZ being the 4 seed, I would go as follows:

Oregon - #2 seed
Utah - #3 seed
Arizona - #5 seed
California - #6 seed
USC - #8 seed
Colorado - #9 seed

If UCLA/ASU win the conference tournament, I'd project both of them on the 13 line.

I'm curious, what do you think Arizona's best case and worst case seed (NCAA tourney) is at this point?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious, what do you think Arizona's best case and worst case seed (NCAA tourney) is at this point?

Worst case: Losing to Stanford and either Colorado/USC in the P12 Tourney.

W/L: 23-9
RPI: High 30's/Low 40's
SOS: 71

I'd say that's probably about a 7 seed or so resume.

Best case: Beat Stanford, then beat USC/Colorado, then a combination of Oregon/Utah in the Semi's/Finals

W/L: 27-7
RPI: Mid teens
SOS: 51

I'd say Arizona could get all the way to a 3 with that type of resume.

So to sum up, worst case 7 seed, best case 3 seed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case: Losing to Stanford and either Colorado/USC in the P12 Tourney.

W/L: 23-9
RPI: High 30's/Low 40's
SOS: 71

I'd say that's probably about a 7 seed or so resume.

Best case: Beat Stanford, then beat USC/Colorado, then a combination of Oregon/Utah in the Semi's/Finals

W/L: 27-7
RPI: Mid teens
SOS: 51

I'd say Arizona could get all the way to a 3 with that type of resume.

So to sum up, worst case 7 seed, best case 3 seed.
Thanks, man!! I don't have a good handle on college basketball this year outside of the pac12, so I was curious.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ASU win the conference tournament, I'd project both of them on the 13 line.

I lul'd at this hard. But c'mon, if WSU won the P12 tourney they'd get at LEAST a 15 seed! They would have beat Colorado/Arizona/Oregon/Utah in a row.

That's literally more good wins in 4 days than we have all year haha

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, man!! I don't have a good handle on college basketball this year outside of the pac12, so I was curious.

No problem! I just don't think they'll be able to get up to the 2 line given the rest of the country. Kansas, OU, Nova, Xavier, UVA, MSU, and Miami can all be top 2 seeds even losing their first game of their respective conference tournaments IMO. Oregon and UNC IMO might fall to the 3 line if that were to happen. What's hurting Zona is the lack of quality wins, they'll need to win the conference tournament just to cut the gap between them and those mentioned above, I just don't think it's enough.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lul'd at this hard. But c'mon, if WSU won the P12 tourney they'd get at LEAST a 15 seed! They would have beat Colorado/Arizona/Oregon/Utah in a row.

That's literally more good wins in 4 days than we have all year haha

lol. That's true, it's just hard to project something like that out. lol. They would be 12-21, RPI in the 140's. lol.

I would like for it to happen though where a bottom feeder won a conference tournament just to see where the committee places them. Like, if Rutgers managed to win the B1G tourney, would the committee put them in a 16 play in game? I think so. lol.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon - #2 seed
Utah - #3 seed
Arizona - #5 seed
California - #6 seed
USC - #8 seed
Colorado - #9 seed

The best AZ can do is tie for 3rd in the reg season, but AZ loses the tiebreaker against Cal. The tie breaker starts with the record against the #1 seed, then the #2, and so on. Cal split against Oregon, and AZ lost their only game against them. Even if AZ beats Stan, as long as Cal beats ASU, Cal is the 3 seed and AZ is the 4.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm telling you, from my seat in McKale, that was a terrible game for both teams. The win looks good on paper to some, so I'll take the desperately needed quality win, but both teams looked like shit. No one deserved to win that shit except for Gabe York in the 2nd half. Good job to AZ for showing resilience, but they cause the hole they dug themselves out of. 11 total assists and both teams shoot combined less than 40%. Allen had 6 dimes, and no one else in white passed the ball. We are lacking in boards the last 3 games, and that is not like AZ.

Can't look like that at home because we only have one more home game left. Glad we won, but we need to be consistently improving right now, and we're stagnating.
I was at the game too dude. Great final 90 seconds at least!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Down 8 with 90 seconds to go and we go on an 11-0 run. Amazing.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game too dude. Great final 90 seconds at least!

Seriously. Down 8 with 90 seconds to go and we go on an 11-0 run. Amazing.

Yeah, I took a buddy of mine who has only been to one game, and that was actually the Clemson game a few years ago where NJ dunked on that 7'2" guy. He lost his shit when York hit that shot with 20 tics.

I don't know though, Miller in the press conference afterward was singing the praises of both defenses. I'm not going to correct him, but I thought it was primarily bad offense by both. I saw a lot of shitty passes, horrible shot selection, missing open shots, etc.

But yeah, that was a great run at the end!

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fight put up by the Trojans, but wasn't enough to stop the Ducks. I'm very happy that Oregon seized the title outright. They could have easily laid an egg on the road with already being the number 1 seed and having at least a share of the conference champion. I really like their chances in the tournament because the tend to play the same game home or away and have multiple guys that can put up numbers so teams can't focus on just one player to shut down.

Anyhow, good luck in the conference tourney, Trojans, unless you end up against the Ducks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully CU can pull off the upset @ Utah this evening.