• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P5 results by conference

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC 7-7 3 conference games 3 losses to P5 1 loss to G5 1 win over P5
Big XII 10-0 0 conference games 1 win over P5
Big 10 12-2 0 conference games 1 loss to P5 1 loss to G5
Pac 12 8-4 0 conference games 1 win over P5 2 losses to P5 2 losses to G5
SEC 9-5 1 conference game 3 wins over P5 1 loss to P5 3 losses to G5

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC had an awful weekend.

'Zona loses to Hawi'i.
UCLA loses to Cincy
USC loses their QB
Oregon loses to Auburn
Utah did not impress against BYU
Oregon State looked poor against a 'not that good' Ok State team

So basically the only highlights was Stanford winning a snooze fest, both teams from Washington controling their games, and Arizona State.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC had an awful weekend.

'Zona loses to Hawi'i.
UCLA loses to Cincy
USC loses their QB
Oregon loses to Auburn
Utah did not impress against BYU
Oregon State looked poor against a 'not that good' Ok State team

So basically the only highlights was Stanford winning a snooze fest, both teams from Washington controling their games, and Arizona State.

Utah did not impress? They blew BYU out on their home field.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah did not impress? They blew BYU out on their home field.
..I'm guessing you didn't watch, just saw the score?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this would be the year that Whittingham running 2 half back dives then a 3 yard pass would work.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO idea on the other teams

Purdue breaking in a new starting QB who actually did ok. Rondale Moore did play. But 5 turnovers will kill you.

Northwestern breaking in a new QB from Clemson now we know why Clemson let him go. Northwestern in a world of hurt. it does not get easier for Northwestern either. They could be 1-8 or 0-9. They have to play Mich State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Iowa all in a row. If they do not beat UNLV this weekend, expect an 0-9 start.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC 9-5 1 conference game 3 wins over P5 1 loss to P5 3 losses to G5

kErVSaT.gif

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watched the game and was very impressed with Utah.

That is a bitter rivalry with BYU, and BYU gave them their very best. 2nd half was pure domination by the Utes, and their defense is very solid.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game and was very impressed with Utah.

That is a bitter rivalry with BYU, and BYU gave them their very best. 2nd half was pure domination by the Utes, and their defense is very solid.

Bitter rival...absolutely.

But BYU has not a good team, and Utah still struggled a lot moving the ball. Stats wise, they game is about even, but those 2 pick 6's really made the scoreline look more lopsided than it actually was.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter rival...absolutely.

But BYU has not a good team, and Utah still struggled a lot moving the ball. Stats wise, they game is about even, but those 2 pick 6's really made the scoreline look more lopsided than it actually was.

How do we know BYU is not a good team? All we have to go by is a loss to Utah, and the point of discussion is that “Utah isn’t that good because they beat BYU, and BYU isn’t very good.” How do we know? “Because Utah isn’t that good.” WAY too much circularity.

As of today, we have ONE data point for each team. We will add more in the coming weeks. As of today, we still don’t know that much about any team other than the veteran players from last season (who are no guarantee to play the same as last year).

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know BYU is not a good team? All we have to go by is a loss to Utah, and the point of discussion is that “Utah isn’t that good because they beat BYU, and BYU isn’t very good.” How do we know? “Because Utah isn’t that good.” WAY too much circularity.

As of today, we have ONE data point for each team. We will add more in the coming weeks. As of today, we still don’t know that much about any team other than the veteran players from last season (who are no guarantee to play the same as last year).

Because BYU wasn't all that good last year, and lost their captains, which I think is fair to say if you are looking what the previous years, players lost, etc.

What will continue to worry me about Utah is the lack of offense. They struggled last year with teams that had any semblence of a defense, and while yes, the scoreboard says 30, it was really just 16 scored by the offense, which leads me to believe that they may not have gotten their offense as sorted as some had hoped.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because BYU wasn't all that good last year, and lost their captains, which I think is fair to say if you are looking what the previous years, players lost, etc.

What will continue to worry me about Utah is the lack of offense. They struggled last year with teams that had any semblence of a defense, and while yes, the scoreboard says 30, it was really just 16 scored by the offense, which leads me to believe that they may not have gotten their offense as sorted as some had hoped.
First game, and on the road. Not uncommon for teams to sputter and struggle on offense on the road week 1.

While you don't want to give credit because of defensive scores, it is that tough defense that has them favorites in the south division. You don't have to score much if your D is strong.

UW gets BYU in 3 weeks. We will see.

Can't slam the Utes for a week 1 win.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game, and on the road. Not uncommon for teams to sputter and struggle on offense on the road week 1.

While you don't want to give credit because of defensive scores, it is that tough defense that has them favorites in the south division. You don't have to score much if your D is strong.

UW gets BYU in 3 weeks. We will see.

Can't slam the Utes for a week 1 win.

100% agree. And I wasn't trying to slam them at all, just saying that I was hoping for more from their offense.

Their defense is good, and has been for awhile now, so that side of the ball I'm not worried about. I still think Whittingham is a better coach then they give him credit for.

I'm certainly looking forward to their match against your guys, as that defense vs Jacob looks tasty.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was on Thursday night. I watched the entire game. It's a rivalry game so it was expected to be tough. Given that information, I thought they did well.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was on Thursday night. I watched the entire game. It's a rivalry game so it was expected to be tough. Given that information, I thought they did well.

Okay. Just asking because I found it rather sloppy and Utah used their defense to win. Which is fine and all, but I was expecting more out of the offense.

You take those 2 pick 6's off the board and it's a much closer game.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Just asking because I found it rather sloppy and Utah used their defense to win. Which is fine and all, but I was expecting more out of the offense.

Lots of first games were sloppy. I think they actually have a shot at a playoff this year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of first games were sloppy. I think they actually have a shot at a playoff this year.

Seriously? I'd give over my annual wages...to you...if they made the playoffs. There is a 0% chance they make the playoffs.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Expecting more from the offense?
last seasons game avgerages were
396 yards per game
215 passing 180 rushing
and 28ppg
against BYU they had 368 yards 106 passing but 262 rushing
and scored 30.

seems on par to me