• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Tucker... Really?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these CBS offseason rankings have me shaking my head.

Tucker was a rotation filler for the Bucks in their title run, not a true difference-maker. In other words, he's the guy that managed to " not lose" the championship in wake of the DiVincenzo injury...

I was shocked when I heard he got $15 million at his age, and even more shocked that many critics are viewing him as a guy that will shift the balance of power in the east.

If I were to make my own rankings, I'd say the Bucks were smart to let him go at that price.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these CBS offseason rankings have me shaking my head.

Tucker was a rotation filler for the Bucks in their title run, not a true difference-maker. In other words, he's the guy that managed to " not lose" the championship in wake of the DiVincenzo injury...

I was shocked when I heard he got $15 million at his age, and even more shocked that many critics are viewing him as a guy that will shift the balance of power in the east.

If I were to make my own rankings, I'd say the Bucks were smart to let him go at that price.

Literally nobody views him as a player that will shift the balance of power in the East.

He is a good role player and a perfect fit for the Heat culture. In combination with the other moves Miami made, they should be significantly better this season. Maybe even ECF good.

Also, I would wager that they are the team Brooklyn least wants to face because of how tough they are.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally nobody views him as a player that will shift the balance of power in the East.

He is a good role player and a perfect fit for the Heat culture. In combination with the other moves Miami made, they should be significantly better this season. Maybe even ECF good.

Also, I would wager that they are the team Brooklyn least wants to face because of how tough they are.

they got Lowry for Irving and tucker for Durant, but let’s not forget Durant went nuts anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who averaged 31 minutes a game in the finals, I think that's more than fair compensation.

Yeah I don't see the issue and I don't see ppl saying it is the PJ Tucker signing that changed Miami. They made a lot of moves and improved their team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I have no idea where he reading this stuff at. It just like when Wiggy was making claims how people said Miami trading for Oladipo made them a title favorite or something in the east last year. When you hate a team, you just make shit up.

Yep I love our match up vs Brooklyn. We got defenders and people that will make things frustrating for their big 3. Give me Brooklyn in round 2 and I'll live with whatever happens

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got Lowry for Irving and tucker for Durant, but let’s not forget Durant went nuts anyway.

Individual matchups will always favor Brooklyn.

But they are going to get their asses beat physically. And they know it.

Whether that translates on the scoreboard is another question all together.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not liking a deal is fine and all, but if you have to invent imaginary claims inflating its importance you probably are not viewing it in a rational light.

Are you surprised?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting for a rough rider like him.

Plays defense, rebounds and can hit the 3.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "true" in true difference maker. Because he did make a difference. He was a big part of the Bucks winning game 4 in the Nets series, which kept them from being down 3-1 (basically a death sentence). And his value wasn't shutting Durant down, it was bothering him just enough to get by (which they barely did but mission accomplished). Which is what he was brought there to do. He has just enough left in the tank to swing a few possessions in key games with his veteran know how and skillset.

And its the same that Heat will ask of him too.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "true" in true difference maker. Because he did make a difference. He was a big part of the Bucks winning game 4 in the Nets series, which kept them from being down 3-1 (basically a death sentence). And his value wasn't shutting Durant down, it was bothering him just enough to get by (which they barely did but mission accomplished). Which is what he was brought there to do. He has just enough left in the tank to swing a few possessions in key games with his veteran know how and skillset.

He forced him to step on the line…we’ll worth the price….

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't have much lift on his three-point shot anymore. If Miami is expecting him to be their heir apparent to Jae Crowder, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Two or three years ago, sure. Now? No.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have no idea where he reading this stuff at. It just like when Wiggy was making claims how people said Miami trading for Oladipo made them a title favorite or something in the east last year.
That was me. I DID actually see a few individuals troll the Pacers' twitter page by saying that...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have much lift on his three-point shot anymore. If Miami is expecting him to be their heir apparent to Jae Crowder, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

He shot 38% from 3 last year with the Bucks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jae Crowder is a career 34% shooter from 3. He did have an outlier year with his 20 games for Miami, but in the playoffs he returned to his average.

Heir apparent to Crowder seems right in Tuckers wheelhouse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 1.7 attempts per game… Impressive.

32.2 percent in the playoffs.
So we based everything on the playoffs now? Regular season with a much larger sample size means nothing now? Got it lol

Knowing how Miami give their guys the green light to shoot, he should be at 3-4 attempts per game assuming he starts

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jae Crowder is a career 34% shooter from 3. He did have an outlier year with his 20 games for Miami, but in the playoffs he returned to his average.

Heir apparent to Crowder seems right in Tuckers wheelhouse

Exactly and the Crowder comparison is more for DEFENSIVE reasons. Tucker is a better defender imo

Reactions: DJ