• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ozuna a brave

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves signed OF Marcell Ozuna to a one-year, $18 million contract.
ESPN's Jeff Passan was first to pass along word of the agreement and now it has been confirmed via an official team press release. It's rather surprising that Ozuna had to settle for a one-year contract -- the value of this deal comes in just above the one-year, $17.8 million qualifying offer he rejected from the Cardinals back in November -- but he fits very nicely for a Braves team that just lost 2019 cleanup man Josh Donaldson to the Twins. Ozuna should carry tremendous fantasy appeal in Atlanta batting behind the likes of Ronald Acuna, Ozzie Albies, and Freddie Freeman.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
braves going all in this year:suds:

Braves signed RHP Felix Hernandez to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Jon Heyman of MLB Network says that King Felix will earn $1 million if in the majors. Hernandez has been ineffective over the last three seasons and bottomed out in 2019 with a 6.40 ERA over 15 starts for the Mariners. It's possible -- if not likely -- that he's cooked, but for such a modest price the former Cy Young winner is worth a roll of the dice. Slated to turn 34 in April, King Felix will compete for the fifth spot in the Braves' rotation.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of bringing Markakis back?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good signing, but I’m ready for either Pache or Waters.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Braves signed RHP Felix Hernandez to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Jon Heyman of MLB Network says that King Felix will earn $1 million if in the majors. Hernandez has been ineffective over the last three seasons and bottomed out in 2019 with a 6.40 ERA over 15 starts for the Mariners. It's possible -- if not likely -- that he's cooked, but for such a modest price the former Cy Young winner is worth a roll of the dice. Slated to turn 34 in April, King Felix will compete for the fifth spot in the Braves' rotation.

Waste of money.

What was the point of bringing Markakis back?

Well, a lot depends on Pache (Markakis role).

It’s a good signing, but I’m ready for either Pache or Waters.

Pache is already listed on the 40 man roster. If he produces as expected this spring, I fully expect them to bring him up after the magic date the same way they did with Acuna. That would allow for Pache in CF, Acuna in RF, & Ozuna in LF with Markakis being the pivot man. Duvall......who knows.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waste of money.

Well, a lot depends on Pache (Markakis role).

Pache is already listed on the 40 man roster. If he produces as expected this spring, I fully expect them to bring him up after the magic date the same way they did with Acuna. That would allow for Pache in CF, Acuna in RF, & Ozuna in LF with Markakis being the pivot man. Duvall......who knows.
Unless Pache is on an absolute tear like Riley was at the beginning of his call up, he's probably going to be a back up to Markakis/Ozuna. Not too mention Ender/Duvall still in the fold.

Essentially, I only see Pache getting called up if someone hits a major slump like Ender did last season, injuries, or he tears it up just like Riley last year in the minors.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Pache is on an absolute tear like Riley was at the beginning of his call up, he's probably going to be a back up to Markakis/Ozuna. Not too mention Ender/Duvall still in the fold.

Essentially, I only see Pache getting called up if someone hits a major slump like Ender did last season, injuries, or he tears it up just like Riley last year in the minors.

We'll see. Everything I've read indicates Pache is ready.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Everything I've read indicates Pache is ready.
I don't doubt he's ready. Its just with the depth and experience ahead of him, I'd be a little surprised to see him starting consistently. Unless he goes on an absolute tear or something happens to change up the depth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can't be finished though.

Too many outfielders that can play at the major league level...somebody has to go to make way for a 3rd basemen.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good signing. I think it makes sense to overpay a little on one year contracts than to lock up veteran players for several years. It worked well for them last year with Donaldson and Keuchel. If Ozuna is not working out by the middle of the season and you have a rookie who's ready you can just put him on the bench or cut him and bring someone up for the rookie salary.

I wish the Phillies would do this more often, rather than tempting fate by giving Zach Wheeler 100 million +

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't be finished though.

Too many outfielders that can play at the major league level...somebody has to go to make way for a 3rd basemen.

This right here. Logic suggests Duvall & Inciarte are out there as trade bait.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made some money from 2017. no stanton and yelich to help him after that.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made some money from 2017. no stanton and yelich to help him after that.
He’ll have a solid lineup in front of him. I would think he bats 4th so Acuna, Albies, and Freddie in front of him. Might not have much protection behind him tho.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of his glove and his power isnt reliable. We has great against the Braves but I'm glad to see the Cards didn't do anything crazy with him

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll have a solid lineup in front of him. I would think he bats 4th so Acuna, Albies, and Freddie in front of him. Might not have much protection behind him tho.
I’d be willing to bet that Snit starts the season with Acuna in the cleanup spot and Ozuna in the two hole. Between Ozzie and Freddie

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but Snit definitely wants Acuna to be in the middle of the lineup
True but AA wants Acuña in leadoff. He’s said in the past that’s how he wants it but he won’t tell Snit how to manage the roster. But I’m sure there’s some pressure there.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Freeman’s ass should hit 8th. Fucker.

I’d be willing to bet that Snit starts the season with Acuna in the cleanup spot and Ozuna in the two hole. Between Ozzie and Freddie

Snit....ain’t worth a shit.