• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ozark

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting towards the end of season 2 and shit is really ratcheting up! Was supposed to watch another episode with the wife last night after I ran into work but she got a call from a relative who just won't let her off the phone once she snags her. This person is one of the reasons we prefer not to answer the landline.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more episode and we are done with season 2.
I will keep this general enough to avoid being a spoiler....Darlene is a crazy scary bitch!!! Signs and wonders!!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was certainly interesting.
I mean, I liked Banshee and Breaking Bad, and this seemed like a cross between the two.

It took me a few episodes, but pay close attention to the opening scene of each episode when they flash the 'O' and there are 4 items that you can see. I didn't realize they change with each episode, but they are connected to what happens in the episode.

All in all, it held my interest as I watched these past three nights.
Some clever twists, some tired cliches, but overall, it was entertaining.
I recommend it.
I pointed this out to my wife (who doesn't really watch it) and she said "oh it spells out ozark." I said "no, it, umm yeah I guess it does."

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show.
If you like Whacking to Laura Linney it’s even better!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I got my new cable package I got Netflix free for a year. So I've been watching several it has to offer.

I have to watch Ozark with the missus though as she likes it so it's hard to get moving on it.

Unlike with Narcos which she didn't want to watch so I could watch any time I chose to.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 4 episodes in. I like it so far. Jason Bateman is a bit hard to get used to in this sort of role, especially when he has to emote the gravity of his family's situation. He has the smart, scheming aspect down though. But I'm into it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmys! Julia is the best but very happy for Jason Bateman's win as well.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I put this aside for a bit. I'll finish season within the next couple of days just in time for season 3. I hate having to wait forever for the next season and then trying to recall everything that's happened.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I put this aside for a bit. I'll finish season within the next couple of days just in time for season 3. I hate having to wait forever for the next season and then trying to recall everything that's happened.

Thats gonna be my main issue with this one. I watched S2 back in September 2018. Been a looooooooooong time.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Season 3.
Powerful ending.

Kind of bogged down with the brother around episode 8 or 9, but other than that, all the story lines were intriguing and woven in and out of one another. Lots of maneuvering from all sides, violent and political.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. GREAT season.

I disagree that it got bogged down by the brother storyline. That is the catalyst of EVERYTHING. Everything up to this point in the show was leading up to that story line and everything yet to come will be as a result of it. Massive pivot point.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. GREAT season.

I disagree that it got bogged down by the brother storyline. That is the catalyst of EVERYTHING. Everything up to this point in the show was leading up to that story line and everything yet to come will be as a result of it. Massive pivot point.

Oh, I agree that the brother was important for those very reasons.
I just thought his monologue in the cab and his drive with Wendy were kind of just, blah.
They were probably just trying to show the impact of his mental illness.

It was probably just me.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Binged it this weekend. Friday and Saturday night I got through it all.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

Amazing, amazing series and Season 3 was intense. Obviously easy set up for season 4. I was on the edge of my seat in the final 25 minutes or so of the last episode. I clicked my remote to bring up how much time was left and saw it was only like 15 minutes left and I was pissed. Pissed because I didn't want it to be over and pissed because I knew things wouldn't be wrapped up and there would be no question there was a season 4 and I would be stuck waiting an entire year before I get any of those questions answered.

I think the brother was a very solid piece in the season. By the end he had a Lenny from Of Mice and Men feel.

Helen being gone moves the Byrde's up the chain by another step. I just realized this, but each season Marty and Wendy move on the ladder within the cartel.

The rivalries are in place for season 4. Darlene, Wyatt, and Ruth will obviously become their own business team, you got the KC Mob still active, and the FBI feeling they are close to getting Marty to join them.

What will be interesting come season 4 is the how they pitch Ruth. Each season, each episode I find myself rooting for an individual, and for most the season one character I find myself always rooting for is Ruth. But I could see season 4 they tilt her as a "bad guy" and goes against Marty.

I don't know, lots to digest and a lot going on. I just hope we don't have to wait 1+ year for season 4 to come out.

edit: added spoiler tags. Cal

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished it. I loved it. I hope there's a season 4, though if there isn't that was a fine ending.