• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OV: "[Dynamo is] probably the same as Montreal". Say what?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is probably just trying to soften the blow to the fans who supported him and the team (although there must be too many left if they folded).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM213 is bang on, CSKA (Red Army) is the gold standard, Tretiak, Kharlamov, the famed KLM line etc.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MM213 is bang on, CSKA (Red Army) is the gold standard, Tretiak, Kharlamov, the famed KLM line etc.
Don't forget Mikhailov, Petrov, Fetisov, Konstantinov, Zubov, Bure, Mogilny, Fedorov, Kamensky, Bykov, Khomutov, Drozdetsky, old goon Zhluktov ... tired of typing already :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovechkin upset at reports Dynamo may merge with HC MVD

The only Soviet/Russian team that can be historically compared to Montreal Canadiens is CSKA (Red Army).
Dynamo is closer to Rangers or Chicago.

I understand OV is originally from Dynamo, but come on - he knows the difference

Yeah, but CSKA was a military team for decades. Kinda entirely different than a pro hockey club. I agree the Dynamo are no Habs, but the CSKA is like nothing we have in North America.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Dynamo was a police team for decades. I don't think there are any police teams in NHL :)

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Legend says left wing lock was created by team Sweden (some say Czechoslovakia) to hold off legendary Soviet teams of 70s. I don't remember them having much success with it, Soviet national team collected golds for almoust every international competition that decade.

Bowman perfected it with Detroit in 90s. Meaning, CSKA can't take credit for left wing lock.
Unless you count Russian Five (Fedorov, Larionov, Fetisov, Kozlov, Konstantinov - all hailing from CSKA) for participating in it :)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was just saying i heard it was created to stop the soviet team or at least give your team a better chance at winning against them. so i am not saying they should get credit for it meaning they created just that they should get credit if it is true that other teams created it to compete against them.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was just saying i heard it was created to stop the soviet team or at least give your team a better chance at winning against them. so i am not saying they should get credit for it meaning they created just that they should get credit if it is true that other teams created it to compete against them.
Think I need a drink to decode your message :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favourite Red Army moment...

Last edited by a moderator:

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Legend says left wing lock was created by team Sweden (some say Czechoslovakia) to hold off legendary Soviet teams of 70s. I don't remember them having much success with it, Soviet national team collected golds for almoust every international competition that decade.

Bowman perfected it with Detroit in 90s. Meaning, CSKA can't take credit for left wing lock.
Unless you count Russian Five (Fedorov, Larionov, Fetisov, Kozlov, Konstantinov - all hailing from CSKA) for participating in it :)

Actually Barry Smith was the left wing lock guru for Bowman and he brought it over from Sweden.