• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our top 3rd down player?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest here, if this was posed as a pop quiz to me, I would have never guessed this guy as to who our most efficient 3rd down player was.

What makes Taylor Gabriel so good on 3rd down?

Yeah, his burst and agility is pretty insane. Allows him to get open on those shorter routes to the sticks against press coverage when space is limited.

If memory serves me correctly; Gabriel also led the team in "running deep routes and getting open only for Trubisky to over/under throw the play". If Biscuit improves in that area, it could mean even better numbers and a bigger impact by him this season. I mean, that goes for everyone... but it seems like he would have benefited most from a more polished Trubisky last season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess this is totally coincidental. Gabriel is not doing anything special. I'm not a huge Gabriel fan as some of you know. I just see a lot of unnecessary diving for balls that are catchable standing up. He tries to make every catch look spectacular, and they aren't. I don't see him getting open a lot either.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess this is totally coincidental. Gabriel is not doing anything special. I'm not a huge Gabriel fan as some of you know. I just see a lot of unnecessary diving for balls that are catchable standing up. He tries to make every catch look spectacular, and they aren't. I don't see him getting open a lot either.

That literally happened once, where he mistimed the jump, and still made one helluva catch.

You're super gay and dramatic. Oh, you mean you've never been super-high on our 3rd WR/slot receiver? So you don't think he's gonna be the next Jerry Rice, huh?

He was probably the most pleasant surprise of the season, and you're still annoying about af him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That literally happened once, where he mistimed the jump, and still made one helluva catch.

You're super gay and dramatic. Oh, you mean you've never been super-high on our 3rd WR/slot receiver? So you don't think he's gonna be the next Jerry Rice, huh?

He was probably the most pleasant surprise of the season, and you're still annoying about af him.

This reminds me of the Jordan Howard argument.

Never, ever question the genius's evaluation of a player. EVER.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never, ever speak/write in the 3rd person. EVER.

Unless of course you're a gigantic douchebag.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting the Bears never get to third down this year!:suds::D:heh::pound: