• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Situation Is Precarious

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game shows that we are but an injury away from mediocrity. Still, a win is a win but we were extremely lucky.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game shows that we are but an injury away from mediocrity. Still, a win is a win but we were extremely lucky.
Same can really be said about any contending team. We saw what happened last year to the Thunder when Durant was out. If the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Cavs, etc. suffer a major injury, their team is not advancing far in the playoffs.

What worries me more is Ezeli and the backup 5 position. I don't have full faith in Varejao yet, but he's still getting acclimated so I'll keep an open mind. If Steph, Klay or Dray goes down, you know it's just not in the cards. What I'm most afraid of happening is an injury to a key backup that could be the move that separates us narrowly from winning it all.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montalban

After thinking more about last night's game, I thought this was the perfect type of game that you would have enjoyed. The Warriors won this game on effort alone last night. They were without the MVP of the league and last years final's MVP and anchor of the second unit. Also without their backup 5 in Ezeli.

They grinded out a really tough win, all while shooting below 40% as a team for the game. They limited turnovers to 11 which is impressive for a game that went into overtime. They out-rebounded the Hawks 51 to 42, including 18 offensive rebounds. They forced 17 turnovers.

The reason they won this game was because they were able to take care of the ball, force turnovers, and rebound at an extremely high rate, all while playing their usual stellar defense.

Last night's win was against a quality Hawks team, and in my mind, just as impressive as any other win they've had.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can really be said about any contending team. We saw what happened last year to the Thunder when Durant was out. If the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Cavs, etc. suffer a major injury, their team is not advancing far in the playoffs.

What worries me more is Ezeli and the backup 5 position. I don't have full faith in Varejao yet, but he's still getting acclimated so I'll keep an open mind. If Steph, Klay or Dray goes down, you know it's just not in the cards. What I'm most afraid of happening is an injury to a key backup that could be the move that separates us narrowly from winning it all.
I think Kerr agrees with you because I don't think I saw Verajao on the floor at all last night. We definitely need Ezili since Bogut has proven to be pretty fragile. But wasn't he good last night? That was good to see.

Another guy who I think has almost no value is Ian Clark. If he ever has to play some extended minutes we are in trouble. I think they could cover for the loss of Green by Iguodala and Barnes stepping it up but it would be impossible without Curry and extremely difficult without Thompson.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montalban

After thinking more about last night's game, I thought this was the perfect type of game that you would have enjoyed. The Warriors won this game on effort alone last night. They were without the MVP of the league and last years final's MVP and anchor of the second unit. Also without their backup 5 in Ezeli.

They grinded out a really tough win, all while shooting below 40% as a team for the game. They limited turnovers to 11 which is impressive for a game that went into overtime. They out-rebounded the Hawks 51 to 42, including 18 offensive rebounds. They forced 17 turnovers.

The reason they won this game was because they were able to take care of the ball, force turnovers, and rebound at an extremely high rate, all while playing their usual stellar defense.

Last night's win was against a quality Hawks team, and in my mind, just as impressive as any other win they've had.
I agree. I meant to mention that as well. It was an excellent effort last night; the type I would like to see when Curry is in the lineup. If that were the case, we wouldn't have all these nip and tuck games like we have now; we'd be blowing people out like we were at the beginning of the season when everyone was really giving effort. That seems to have slowly gone away as the season has progressed.

I agree though, it was a very impressive game and they actually out-rebounded a team and won the turnover battle for a change .

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kerr agrees with you because I don't think I saw Verajao on the floor at all last night. We definitely need Ezili since Bogut has proven to be pretty fragile. But wasn't he good last night? That was good to see.

Another guy who I think has almost no value is Ian Clark. If he ever has to play some extended minutes we are in trouble. I think they could cover for the loss of Green by Iguodala and Barnes stepping it up but it would be impossible without Curry and extremely difficult without Thompson.

Varaejao was always going to be an emergency policy. I think we'll probably see him get some more minutes in the coming games, if anything just for preparation for the playoffs if Ezeli can't go. They need another big body. McAdoo isn't seasoned enough, Looney's a rook, and Speights is hit or miss most of the time.

I agree, Ian Clark has no value if he's not able to shoot the ball. He seems to have regressed from the beginning of the year, probably due to a lack of playing time. He's not a good defender and he can't handle the ball well, so if he's not shooting, then he doesn't provide any value.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I meant to mention that as well. It was an excellent effort last night; the type I would like to see when Curry is in the lineup. If that were the case, we wouldn't have all these nip and tuck games like we have now; we'd be blowing people out like we were at the beginning of the season when everyone was really giving effort. That seems to have slowly gone away as the season has progressed.

I agree though, it was a very impressive game and they actually out-rebounded a team and won the turnover battle for a change .

The problem I think with that is when Curry and Iguodala are in the game, the nature of their games don't really allow for methodical play. I mean watching Curry, he's so creative and capable of so many things, he does try passes that may not be the best. I think it's part of what he brings, but I do agree in general turnovers should be cut down.

I know a major point for you has been the Warriors rebounding, but they're currently 7th best in the entire NBA in rebounding differential. They average 46.4 rebounds per game, while their opponents average 43.9. Maybe it's more of an eye test for you on the rebounding but they seem to hold their own on the boards, save for a few lazy/bad games here or there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I think with that is when Curry and Iguodala are in the game, the nature of their games don't really allow for methodical play. I mean watching Curry, he's so creative and capable of so many things, he does try passes that may not be the best. I think it's part of what he brings, but I do agree in general turnovers should be cut down.

I know a major point for you has been the Warriors rebounding, but they're currently 7th best in the entire NBA in rebounding differential. They average 46.4 rebounds per game, while their opponents average 43.9. Maybe it's more of an eye test for you on the rebounding but they seem to hold their own on the boards, save for a few lazy/bad games here or there.
Could be. Rebounding is all about effort and "want to" and I'm hyper-sensitive to highly paid athletes not displaying effort. I think it is the least one can do. Effort doesn't require any talent.