• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our New Kicker, McPherson

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm...was this a camera trick or digitally altered? This seems impossible.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kicking from the 20, so it is a trick shot.

these guys in the pros have this kind of accuracy, that's why they are pros.

What isn't shown here is the number of attempts he had to make the video and failed, probably hundreds.

For example, if I were to attempt this, it would probably take about a year, and it would be by accident.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kicking from the 20, so it is a trick shot.

these guys in the pros have this kind of accuracy, that's why they are pros.

What isn't shown here is the number of attempts he had to make the video and failed, probably hundreds.

For example, if I were to attempt this, it would probably take about a year, and it would be by accident.
I don't care how many times he had to kick this and record this. It he is getting it anywhere close to the bottle from that distance and that far below the bottle, that is crazy. Consider this, that may be about at the 20, but you also have the full endzone, you have the distance behind the end zone, and then even if that is a pretty flat wall since it is a practice facility, you have the height on that rail with the bottle taped down.

That is still a good 35 to 40 yards with him kissing the bottle to twist the cap off. If you were kicking balls like this anywhere close you could win a lot of dough on the sandlot hustling kids.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine his accuracy is far better than the average high school kicker.

I can kick a soccer ball up and get it into a basketball hoop sometimes, it usually takes me about 10 tries. probably not from this distance though.
it took a bit of practice to work up to that level.

The guys that play for Barcelona can head the ball to each other down a field and then into a basketball hoop with little problem, high pedigree athletes can do some Harlem Globetrotter type shit.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trick kicks are nice, but I'm more interested in his overall accuracy from 30-40 and his leg power.

Both of which, he test out of this world. He's also been starting since his Freshman year at UF - meaning, he knows pressure.

This kid will make a 60 yard FG sooner than later for this team.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trick kicks are nice, but I'm more interested in his overall accuracy from 30-40 and his leg power.

Both of which, he test out of this world. He's also been starting since his Freshman year at UF - meaning, he knows pressure.

This kid will make a 60 yard FG sooner than later for this team.
Hasn't he made 2 - 68 yard FG's while Shayne Graham was helping coach him up? Or at least that is what is reported.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife liked the nickname I told her some of the Bengals fan base had come up with for Randy Bullock, so she always wanted a Bengals shirt with "Fat Randy" on the back. lol

No more fat Randy, so she is thinking she may have fun with the new kicker too once she knows he makes the team and get a "McFear" shirt and number.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if we had a real weapon at kicker.

I saw some people complain that we used a 5th rounder on the guy. That doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to me. The best kicker in the league is Justin Tucker. I could make the argument that he is worth a late first or early second rounder given his value. Not saying our guy is in that league, but a 5th rounder doesn't seem like a lot of draft capital to me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if we had a real weapon at kicker.

I saw some people complain that we used a 5th rounder on the guy. That doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to me. The best kicker in the league is Justin Tucker. I could make the argument that he is worth a late first or early second rounder given his value. Not saying our guy is in that league, but a 5th rounder doesn't seem like a lot of draft capital to me.
Kickers score a lot of points. On average, they are one of the top 3 highest scoring players on your team during a season, and on several teams, they are easily the top scoring player. Games on the line. Extra points from the 35. Failed to produce in the red zone. Kickers account for a lot of scoring, and a poor kicker contributes to a lot of losses. Fans treat FG's like they are automatic points, as if the drive fails, you just take the layup and grab 3 points. Only the case if you have a great kicker.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickers score a lot of points. On average, they are one of the top 3 highest scoring players on your team during a season, and on several teams, they are easily the top scoring player. Games on the line. Extra points from the 35. Failed to produce in the red zone. Kickers account for a lot of scoring, and a poor kicker contributes to a lot of losses. Fans treat FG's like they are automatic points, as if the drive fails, you just take the layup and grab 3 points. Only the case if you have a great kicker.
I agree. I've never felt like we've had a kicker that I knew would come through..... Back in the Jim Breech days, we knew he would be accurate from 40 and in, but he didn't have much of a leg. Pelfrey was a good player for some really bad teams. Rackers was an adventure! Graham had some very solid years and I thought he was fairly reliable until that Jets playoff game. I never trusted Nugent and Fat Randy is a mess.

I'd love to not have heart palpitations every time our kicker lines up for a kick in a tight game.