• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Kicking Situation This Year vs Last Year

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all probably happy not to once again be forced to endure the fiasco that was 2019 with our kicking controversy and open competition. I think last summer we had... what? Like 10 kickers on the roster? lol. From the moment Parkey missed that kick to the moment they announced Piniero as the guy. That was a circus.

Piniero was a bit polarizing himself in his first campaign. He started off pretty hot before a frustrating slump in the middle. Then, he finished strong.

At the end of the day, he was just above league average in FG percentage at 82.1%. He was 24 for 29. 4 of his 5 misses came during that middle of the season stretch where he was 3 for 7. Missing two kicks each vs LAC and LAR. His other miss came against Washington, where if you remember, he was literally hopping on one leg with an injury.

Enduring a stretch like that, rebounding mentally, and finishing the year 11 for 11 after calls for his job following the LAR game? There was a lot of pressure being our kicker last season. I think he's earned some optimism going into his 2nd campaign.

I'm not crowning him the next Robbie Gould of our franchise. However, I feel pretty solidly about him going forward. He has a big leg and demonstrated some mental fortitude last season. In getting through the circus competition itself, performing with the spotlight on, and then rebounding from a slump with his job on the line for a perfect stretch run finish.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s earned another year to be looked at.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary, but he earned another shot at it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did go thru that mid season slump, but at least he finished strong, so that momentum has earned him another year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we're mostly coming from the same place with this.

Kickers only really matter on "good" teams. Let's hope we are that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we're mostly coming from the same place with this.

Kickers only really matter on "good" teams. Let's hope we are that.
Kickers matter on all teams. Kickers will win you or cost you about 4 games a year on average.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the doinkmeister.....

tenor.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the doinkmeister.....

tenor.gif

Each time I watch that I get stuck in it like a trance. Even if it's not a GIF I have to rewind it like 5 times. It's literally as close as you could get to making a field goal without making it. LMAO. Amazing.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each time I watch that I get stuck in it like a trance. Even if it's not a GIF I have to rewind it like 5 times. It's literally as close as you could get to making a field goal without making it. LMAO. Amazing.
Parkey probably wakes up screaming every fucking night. That's gotta stick with you. Maybe he and Scott Norwood are buddies now!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, NFL life.

This is the dumbest statement in the history of statements. Congrats.

Only one QB score 4 wins in PFF's WAR and that was Russell Wilson. You're basically implying that kickers are as important as QB's. lol

A player that is on the field for 5 plays per game is as important as QB's?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ma

Only one QB score 4 wins in PFF's WAR and that was Russell Wilson. You're basically implying that kickers are as important as QB's. lol

A player that is on the field for 5 plays per game is as important as QB's?[/QUOTE

How many games a year are decided on a last second kick? You said kickers are as important as QBs don't try to put that on me. I said kickers are important.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A player that is on the field for 5 plays per game is as important as QB's?
It was your statement and I agree it was a dumb one at that. Congrats.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was your statement and I agree it was a dumb one at that. Congrats.

How many games a year are decided on a last second kick? You said kickers are as important as QBs don't try to put that on me. I said kickers are important.

No, you implied kickers are as important as QB's when you claimed that they account for 4 wins per year. Which only elite NFL QB's do according to most WAR formulas.

How many games a year are decided on a last second kick?

Let's see...

In 2019 we had 3. In 2018 we had 3. In 2017 we had two, I think?

What's your point? Don't tell me you're actually asserting that since they're the last ones on the field that they decided the ENTIRE GAME by themselves. Noon, please don't tell me this is your opinion. lol

Does the guy who makes the last out in every close baseball game decide that COMPLETELY on his own too? Does he account for that win or loss, in its entirety? No one else decided that game? The starting pitcher didn't play a big role? lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you implied kickers are as important as QB's when you claimed that they account for 4 wins per year. Which only elite NFL QB's do according to most WAR formulas.

How many games a year are decided on a last second kick?

Let's see...

In 2019 we had 3. In 2018 we had 3. In 2017 we had two, I think?

What's your point? Don't tell me you're actually asserting that since they're the last ones on the field that they decided the ENTIRE GAME by themselves. Noon, please don't tell me this is your opinion. lol

Does the guy who makes the last out in every close baseball game decide that COMPLETELY on his own too? Does he account for that win or loss, in its entirety? No one else decided that game? The starting pitcher didn't play a big role? lol
None of this has anything to do with my comment. KICKERS ARE IMPORTANT.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this has anything to do with my comment. KICKERS ARE IMPORTANT.

It literally addresses each post you've made on the matter.

You said kickers account for 4 wins per year. That's wrong. Period. Now you're denying you said what you said. Which really says it all.

Kickers matter to good teams in contention. They will not matter to teams already bound to lose the majority of their games. The 2019 Cincinnati Bengals or Detroit Lions would not have been helped by an elite kicker. The 2018 Bears could have been, though.

If you have a counter to that. I would love to hear it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It literally addresses each post you've made on the matter.

You said kickers account for 4 wins per year. That's wrong. Period. Now you're denying you said what you said. Which really says it all.

Kickers matter to good teams in contention. They will not matter to teams already bound to lose the majority of their games. The 2019 Cincinnati Bengals or Detroit Lions would not have been helped by an elite kicker. The 2018 Bears could have been, though.

If you have a counter to that. I would love to hear it.

So, you guys are fighting over one game a year?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you guys are fighting over one game a year?

Not really...noon's comments (as usual) make no sense. The difference between a sh*t QB and/or a great QB vs. an average one could be quite a few games in a season.

The difference between a sh*t kicker and/or a great kicker vs. the average one would be considerably less...unless they're just historically bad. IE: Parkey only cost us 2 games in reality his sh*t season. We overcame some of his sh*ttiness...and he still DESERVED an insta-cut. Pinero, up to this point, has been nothing special...but the spread between the two was at most only 1 game's difference.

Whereas if we supplanted Patrick Mahomes for Mitch....Good f*cking Lord. The difference would be immense. Unless you're noon...then we'd have been like 8-8 still in his reality....which is why he's just a meme at this point.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really...noon's comments (as usual) make no sense. The difference between a sh*t QB and/or a great QB vs. an average one could be quite a few games in a season.

The difference between a sh*t kicker and/or a great kicker vs. the average one would be considerably less...unless they're just historically bad. IE: Parkey only cost us 2 games in reality his sh*t season. We overcame some of his sh*ttiness...and he still DESERVED an insta-cut. Pinero, up to this point, has been nothing special...but the spread between the two was at most only 1 game's difference.

Whereas if we supplanted Patrick Mahomes for Mitch....Good f*cking Lord. The difference would be immense. Unless you're noon...then we'd have been like 8-8 still in his reality....which is why he's just a meme at this point.

I guess I'm lost. I'm not seeing where noon said anything about QB's??:noidea:

All I see, is that he said kickers are important, and that they could be the difference in up to 4 games a year.

Might be a bit high, but by no means a shit your pants comment? What am I missing?