• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Goalies

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the team of B & B still catches so much flak. In the 8 games of 2011, the boys have given up 2 or less 7 times. The only bad game was when Bouch had his melt down against the B'sand gave up 6. Yes, each guy has given up a few bad goals, but if B & B keep throwing up 2 or less, we are in for many more wins. A big difference this year is that the team does not seem to go into a funk after a soft goal. I think that has something to do with Lavy being a complete coach. I don't see another goalie in net this season!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really thought Bob should have gotten the shutout last night, Leino trying to float one out of the zone gave them some momentary momentum. O well, I'll take the W.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the team of B & B still catches so much flak. In the 8 games of 2011, the boys have given up 2 or less 7 times. The only bad game was when Bouch had his melt down against the B'sand gave up 6. Yes, each guy has given up a few bad goals, but if B & B keep throwing up 2 or less, we are in for many more wins. A big difference this year is that the team does not seem to go into a funk after a soft goal. I think that has something to do with Lavy being a complete coach. I don't see another goalie in net this season!

I think another thing that should be mentioned is how much easier their job can be when the rest of the team plays a controlled, disciplined game in front of them by not giving up ridiculous amounts of PP opps.

Zero PP's for the Caps last night?? Sweet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're just like the rest of the team.. if they play a full 60 minutes, they might be unbeatable.. but they wont ever play a full 60 minutes.. they've blown a lot of leads recently, only to shut the door late.. that's a risky way to play hockey

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully support B&B but the weak goals as of late have been a bit bothersome for me.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KS, how many truly weak goals have the FLyers let in recently? I can only think of one, and that was Boosh against the Bruins.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Bob should have gotten the shutout last night, Leino trying to float one out of the zone gave them some momentary momentum. O well, I'll take the W.

Boucher should have shutout the Devils. The only blemish was a fluke pop-up deflection off of Leino's stick that landed in the 6 inches between Bpucher's shoulders and the crossbar.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, but I'll keep taking the wins no matter how we get them. That being said I find the goalie acquisition rumors silly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the goalie combo is good one young guy and one old guy both capable of getting hot at any time. With Boosh's play they can ease in Bob which has been a nice situation to be in.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF, where was that pic taken again, I know you said it in a thread a long time ago, thats an awesome pic. Beautiful back drop.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KS, how many truly weak goals have the FLyers let in recently? I can only think of one, and that was Boosh against the Bruins.

I guess the Boston game really sticks out for me. I think there were a few by boosh and Bob the prior games before the Boston game as well. I guess goals like that always remind me of the Kane goal.....

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston game featured 2 empty netters, 2 deflections (one that probably should have been stopped), and 3 rockets that went in off the post. Only 1 of those could have been stopped by anyone.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, i feel our goalies have been rock solid this season. most of the "weak" goals are in fact not even weak at all. they seem easily stoppable on TV but often times there are screens and other things that are going on and come on, every goalie is also human. and i feel that our goalies routinely get robbed of shutouts due to bad turnovers and crazy bounces and deflections. we can absolutely win a cup with boosh and bob. i think lavy will give boosh the nod come playoff time simply because he is the veteran with playoff experience. similar to how a few years back in 06 when we had esche and nitty and we all wanted nitty cause he was young and maybe slightly better but esche got the nod cause he's the vet with experience. and leighton proved that with a good defense playing in front of you, all you need to do is make the saves that are expected of you and you will be successful. theres three tiers of goalies in this league. the greats, your above average, like boosh, and your average to below average. you can win a cup with the above average goalie. a great defense and above average goalie will win as many cups as a red hot elite goalie and an average defense.