• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ouch!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link below is the "Six NFL 2020 best bets"

Six NFL 2020 best bets: The under on Patriots, Bears win totals, an MVP long shot and more

One of those six is the Bears going under 8.5 wins:

Bears under 8.5 wins

The Bears being projected for more wins than the Chargers seems ludicrous to me. Chicago has a huge issue at QB, has lacked any sort of big boy offense for a while, acted out of desperation this offseason and the defense has been in a decline since peaking under Vic Fangio. You could not watch the Bears play last year and think they were a winning football team. You can't look at that roster now and see any marked upgrades. I expect them to finish last in their division and wouldn't be shocked to see them picking in the top five next year. Everyone there is basically trying to keep their job. I don't see that working out real well for them. They may beat the Giants. They may beat the Panthers (I guess, though I wouldn't lean that way). Could they beat the Jags in December? Sure. Take out the Texans at home? K. But I have a hard time seeing a path above five wins, let alone eight.

Like I said....ouch!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so weird how the national media views us. Have you seen us in power rankings? The hell? I saw one of us at 31st! Worse than Jacksonville. Others at 25th, 26th, etc. Like, we saw our absolute floor last year with this D leading us when our offense was the worst in football. And that was with most of our key D players hurt too. It still only dropped us to 8-8.

I get that some don't like our off-season, but good god. How are we worse than last season? Who did we lose? Lol. Taylor Gabriel? This stuff makes no sense.

We are 20-12 over the past two seasons and lost nobody. Added a couple of guys that definitely don't makes us "worse". Graham is clearly better than any TE last season and Quinn a big upgrade from Floyd as a pass rusher.

The team is 20-12 because of the D. It's still all together. In fact, it's more together than it was last year when we lost several key starters. At worst, it's going to be a lateral move. I am mind blown by the national consensus about this team.

How are we worse? It's all about the QB in this league. So, people struggle to see past the uncertainty there, I guess. Like, if you wanted to say our ceiling is lower, that's cool. I get it. But one of the worst in football? Huh?

But... if everything goes wrong. We're probably around 8 wins again. Struggling for five!?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact we already have a QB controversy probably explains it. Out of all the teams in our division (maybe even conference) we have arguably the worst QB. So the expectations are justified.

Having said all that however, i'm excited for the season. I think we'll be much better than 8 wins. And I have a secret side to me who thinks Trubisky will turn it around and be better than Foles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking heads don't know shit. I have seen both 5 wins and 12 from them. They had us ranked the 31st worst team in the NFL last time we went to a SB. I'm more pumped for this season then I have been in a longtime. This will be the best Bears team we fielded in a long time. 8-8 if everything goes wrong like last year. 12 to 14 wins if things fall our way.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact we already have a QB controversy probably explains it. Out of all the teams in our division (maybe even conference) we have arguably the worst QB. So the expectations are justified.

Having said all that however, i'm excited for the season. I think we'll be much better than 8 wins. And I have a secret side to me who thinks Trubisky will turn it around and be better than Foles.

Yeah I think any team that may not be 100% sold on their starting QB usually will be lower on most peoples expectations. I will say this to defend you guys, you guys in the middle of the season had QB problems having to bench Mitch and in a division with a healthy packers and Vikings teams still won 8 games also where Mack had a career low in sacks doesn't make sense in theory by adding Nick Foles means the team will lose more games.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the only thing we're missing is how we didn't improve enough during the offseason in order to keep up with other teams that had full drafts and made some other moves? No idea but i don't see how this roster is worse than last year by any stretch of the imagination and now we've got a 3rd place schedule instead of a 1st place one.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so weird how the national media views us. Have you seen us in power rankings? The hell? I saw one of us at 31st! Worse than Jacksonville. Others at 25th, 26th, etc. Like, we saw our absolute floor last year with this D leading us when our offense was the worst in football. And that was with most of our key D players hurt too. It still only dropped us to 8-8.

I get that some don't like our off-season, but good god. How are we worse than last season? Who did we lose? Lol. Taylor Gabriel? This stuff makes no sense.

We are 20-12 over the past two seasons and lost nobody. Added a couple of guys that definitely don't makes us "worse". Graham is clearly better than any TE last season and Quinn a big upgrade from Floyd as a pass rusher.

The team is 20-12 because of the D. It's still all together. In fact, it's more together than it was last year when we lost several key starters. At worst, it's going to be a lateral move. I am mind blown by the national consensus about this team.

How are we worse? It's all about the QB in this league. So, people struggle to see past the uncertainty there, I guess. Like, if you wanted to say our ceiling is lower, that's cool. I get it. But one of the worst in football? Huh?

But... if everything goes wrong. We're probably around 8 wins again. Struggling for five!?

Like I said in this post:

The depth chart as it currently stands

They're setting us up for the dark horse bullsh*t.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope springs eternal. Although I'll probably have to put noon on ignore for a couple seasons if that happens. We all should have that hope though...Biscuit magically becoming better is still our best case scenario.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least one analyst shows da Bears a little love:

Analyst Picks Chicago Bears to Rule the NFC in 2020
I'd rather be slept on then to be favored as a juggernaut, so at least there's that.

I can understand the trepidation about the offense but there's no reason to be down on the defense. Getting Hicks and Trevathan back healthy. Quinn is a huge upgrade on Floyd even if he isn't at last year's stellar form. Jaylon Johnson and Tashaun Gipson are both (likely) upgrades on Amukamara and Clinton-Dix. Second year in Pagano's defense. All we lost on defense was ILB depth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This helps

Unfortunately, I worry if Mitch starts, has a few good games and all of the sudden we are all-in on him. Despite the fact he beat up on bad D's (like he has before) and didn't actually improve.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This helps

Unfortunately, I worry if Mitch starts, has a few good games and all of the sudden we are all-in on him. Despite the fact he beat up on bad D's (like he has before) and didn't actually improve.

Been afraid of this from the start...

If Mitch starts early and feasts on the garbage, we better be willing to make a move midseason if the league catches up to us and our offense falls off a cliff again a la 2018. The problem is that kind of stuff costs you dearly for homefield, so if we're going to be in the hunt, I'd rather it just be Foles from Day 1 and we get the consistent output all the way, because he obviously has the pedigree to make a playoff run...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been afraid of this from the start...

If Mitch starts early and feasts on the garbage, we better be willing to make a move midseason if the league catches up to us and our offense falls off a cliff again a la 2018. The problem is that kind of stuff costs you dearly for homefield, so if we're going to be in the hunt, I'd rather it just be Foles from Day 1 and we get the consistent output all the way, because he obviously has the pedigree to make a playoff run...
He lost his job to a unknown 6th round rookie QB. He had worse stats then Mitch last year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The addition of Robert Quinn makes my bird chirp.

This D really has the looks of something SPECIAL. Best front 4 we've had in maybe ever. I mean it. Mack, Hicks, Goldman and Quinn is just fucking nasty.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The addition of Robert Quinn makes my bird chirp.

This D really has the looks of something SPECIAL. Best front 4 we've had in maybe ever. I mean it. Mack, Hicks, Goldman and Quinn is just fucking nasty.

Correct. The most exciting addition. Kudos to Pace for not ignoring the defense even though it is our strength.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost his job to a unknown 6th round rookie QB. He had worse stats then Mitch last year.

WTF are you talking about? Minshew had more touchdowns, more yards, and less interceptions than Trubisky with 46 less pass attempts....as a rookie out of nowhere. He replaced Foles because of injury, not because Foles was playing poorly. The Jaguars dumped Foles because they are excited that he will improve upon what he did last season after the initial Minshewmania. I'm not sure he's truly the guy for the Jags, because let's be honest, even as a rookie topping the Trubisky/Mendoza Quarterback stat line is hardly impressive...but I understand that the Jags moved Foles BECAUSE they want to give Minshew the unchallenged reins.

The Bears signed Foles because Trubisky has been playing terrible and they NEED another option at QB because it is highly probable that Mitch's suck play will continue if they even bother to trot him out there.

But I'm glad you bring up Minshew because that leads to a good point...If we could just draft some shmuck late round to put up better than Trubisky numbers...WHY THE F*CK WOULD WE STICK WITH TRUBISKY?!?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? Minshew had more touchdowns, more yards, and less interceptions than Trubisky with 46 less pass attempts....as a rookie out of nowhere. He replaced Foles because of injury, not because Foles was playing poorly. The Jaguars dumped Foles because they are excited that he will improve upon what he did last season after the initial Minshewmania. I'm not sure he's truly the guy for the Jags, because let's be honest, even as a rookie topping the Trubisky/Mendoza Quarterback stat line is hardly impressive...but I understand that the Jags moved Foles BECAUSE they want to give Minshew the unchallenged reins.

The Bears signed Foles because Trubisky has been playing terrible and they NEED another option at QB because it is highly probable that Mitch's suck play will continue if they even bother to trot him out there.

But I'm glad you bring up Minshew because that leads to a good point...If we could just draft some shmuck late round to put up better than Trubisky numbers...WHY THE F*CK WOULD WE STICK WITH TRUBISKY?!?

Foles played less than one quarter of the first game.

He then played 4 games for Jax, upon returning from injury. All losses. All games where he sucked bawls.

He looked pretty good before exiting in that first quarter...of week one tho.

I have a very hard time envisioning Foles playing a whole season.

I would totally start Trubisky with that soft early schedule, and coach to his strengths. Ride that youth into the ground. Save Foles for later.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think plan A for Foles is to be a back up for that reason. I know people said this about chase Daniels, but I really do think Foles is a great locker room presence and very intelligent. He also knows the offense and can come up in the clutch if we need him to. I still share the same thought that Trubisky can turn it around, but I seriously doubt it. I fear his problem is he doesn’t have the mental capacity to get in the huddle, get the play call, relay it to his team, set up everyone, read the defense, and adjust the offense within the play clock. Because of this, he struggles progressing through his reads causing footwork errors, mistimed throws, not seeing open receivers, panicking in the pocket, and inaccurate throws. If he can fine tune the pre snap activities, I think the rest will fall into place. That means he has to figure out the offense.

It’s possible, Brees didn’t blossom until year 4, IIRC. I doubt he does at this point though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think plan A for Foles is to be a back up for that reason. I know people said this about chase Daniels, but I really do think Foles is a great locker room presence and very intelligent. He also knows the offense and can come up in the clutch if we need him to. I still share the same thought that Trubisky can turn it around, but I seriously doubt it. I fear his problem is he doesn’t have the mental capacity to get in the huddle, get the play call, relay it to his team, set up everyone, read the defense, and adjust the offense within the play clock. Because of this, he struggles progressing through his reads causing footwork errors, mistimed throws, not seeing open receivers, panicking in the pocket, and inaccurate throws. If he can fine tune the pre snap activities, I think the rest will fall into place. That means he has to figure out the offense.

It’s possible, Brees didn’t blossom until year 4, IIRC. I doubt he does at this point though.

Trubisky will suck, get cut, and then find success elsewhere.
Change-My-Mind.jpg