• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU at WVU should have been postponed

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wouldn't trade it for 5 million. you know why? Because they'd lose far more than that in alumni donations. The point being? It still comes down to the fucking almighty dollar.

5 mil a year? All things being equal. Yes. they would. But all things aren't equal, and it would cost Alabama a fucktonne (that's a British fuckton in case your spelling-nazi instincts were kicking in) more than 5mil every year.

Probably not nearly as much as they value the money generated by the athletic rivalries with those programs.

Oh, so now it is about the money. Glad to see you finally came to your senses.

Nobody ever claimed it was that simple, but nice attempt at another strawman, you disingenuous shitbag.

do you not understand the concept of schools putting value on things like being part of a conference they chartered, association with strong academic schools, and longtime rivalries. because I don't think you do.

you keep saying it comes down to money because money drives academics. but that is not the case. how many FBS schools would give away over half their endowment if it meant getting into the top spot of arwu/us news. the only ones that wouldn't would be the ones already close to the top. you can claim it is all about money but the truth is their first priority is academics, their 2nd priority is promoting their brand, their 3rd priority is obtaining money so they can promote priority number 1.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

start a new thread fellas. This game is over, my rant was done, you have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy off base! :lol:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners got a bad deal there. But gotta do it:

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
riddle me this shitbagger

the pac10 gave only 2 unconditional invites in conference realignment. (colorado & texas).the rest (ou, tech & osu) were all conditional on texas joining. now tell me? why is it that the p10 gave away those unconditional invites only to the 2 best academic schools of those 5 whereas the major football power (ou) and 2 schools that had clearly good fb programs (osu & tech) did not? you say it is all about the $$$$. so explain that one.

FBS has exponential $$$ increase. It is very hard for a school/conference to lose money. the b12 lost 4 major schools and ended up with a big payday. wherever a school lands they will make more money it is just a question of could they have made more by going elsewhere. Syracuse could of made more in the b10 had they joined however they were very quick to get into the ACC rather than wait around for a b10 invite. byu in the pac12 would of been better than utah but the p12 would have none of that. the p12 had the chance to get just ou/osu and the p12 flat out rejected that <== i think you might have your winner there

You can find my reply (and further replies) here.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find my reply (and further replies) here.

and i will continue to post here.

you are a fucken moron if you think a school/conference is going to.....

1. see a decrease in TV $$$. you are totally clueless to the reality that sports are the most valuable programs to major networks right now. i already explained this once and I thought you were smart enough to get it....but apparently not........

the b12 without CU & UNL but with aggie/mizz still managed to get a major increase in per school payout. do you not understand that conferences were all getting larger payouts? where ever school X ends up they will get a larger payout....it is just a question of how much.

you are also a fucken moron when you think that
2. only colorado athletics is seeing the benefit of the p12 move. you like to downplay as much as possible but you are 100% wrong on this. school admins care deeply that their school is associating themselves with strong academic schools like UCLA, usc, cal washington & stanford. the benefits of doing so doesn't even matter because for the school admins it is like going back to middle school lunchtime. everyone wants to be at the table where all the cool kids sit at. you are a total idiot if you think conference realignment decisions are made by only the athletic factions of a school......nope the academia's have a pretty huge voice in those moves because it ultimately is a move that ends up affecting the entire school.

you can say those other invites were a power move to get texas. but lets be real here. tech, osu & ou all have very VERY good athletic programs. any 1 of those programs from a pure athletic standpoint would be a net gain for the conference. the pac12 had the chance to get both ou/osu without texas (they sent a petition asking to join a p14 after aggie/mizz left). now i dunno about you but you have an elite program in OU. you also have a very strong program in osu that thanks to a lone turbobooster now has the resource capabilities that are on the same level as most 2nd tier FB powers like mich st. & auburn. both are very good adds from an athletic standpoint and yet the pac said no. if you wanna know why......all you have to do is to go look at the arwu rankings. too lazy????? fine I will do it for ya

every pac12 school is at 86 or higher

ou came in at 109, okie st. finished unranked (did not finish in the top 149 for american or top 500 world universities)

colorado & texas were both in the top 30. utah was inside the top 50. texas tech came in at 132.

arwu is not the best ranking system for judging schools, but it is very good at showing conference realignment trends especially with the pac12, acc, & b10. all the major conference realignment bloggers use arwu and examples like this ^^^^^ are a good reason as to why they do so.

any schools first priority is academics. no ifs ands ors buts about it. i know perfectly well how endowments work and was just using that as an example to show you that schools would indeed sell their soul to become an elite academic school.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i will continue to post here.

you are a fucken moron if you think a school/conference is going to.....

1. see a decrease in TV $$$. you are totally clueless to the reality that sports are the most valuable programs to major networks right now. i already explained this once and I thought you were smart enough to get it....but apparently not........

the b12 without CU & UNL but with aggie/mizz still managed to get a major increase in per school payout. do you not understand that conferences were all getting larger payouts? where ever school X ends up they will get a larger payout....it is just a question of how much.

you are also a fucken moron when you think that
2. only colorado athletics is seeing the benefit of the p12 move. you like to downplay as much as possible but you are 100% wrong on this. school admins care deeply that their school is associating themselves with strong academic schools like UCLA, usc, cal washington & stanford. the benefits of doing so doesn't even matter because for the school admins it is like going back to middle school lunchtime. everyone wants to be at the table where all the cool kids sit at. you are a total idiot if you think conference realignment decisions are made by only the athletic factions of a school......nope the academia's have a pretty huge voice in those moves because it ultimately is a move that ends up affecting the entire school.

you can say those other invites were a power move to get texas. but lets be real here. tech, osu & ou all have very VERY good athletic programs. any 1 of those programs from a pure athletic standpoint would be a net gain for the conference. the pac12 had the chance to get both ou/osu without texas (they sent a petition asking to join a p14 after aggie/mizz left). now i dunno about you but you have an elite program in OU. you also have a very strong program in osu that thanks to a lone turbobooster now has the resource capabilities that are on the same level as most 2nd tier FB powers like mich st. & auburn. both are very good adds from an athletic standpoint and yet the pac said no. if you wanna know why......all you have to do is to go look at the arwu rankings. too lazy????? fine I will do it for ya

every pac12 school is at 86 or higher

ou came in at 109, okie st. finished unranked (did not finish in the top 149 for american or top 500 world universities)

colorado & texas were both in the top 30. utah was inside the top 50. texas tech came in at 132.

arwu is not the best ranking system for judging schools, but it is very good at showing conference realignment trends especially with the pac12, acc, & b10. all the major conference realignment bloggers use arwu and examples like this ^^^^^ are a good reason as to why they do so.

any schools first priority is academics. no ifs ands ors buts about it. i know perfectly well how endowments work and was just using that as an example to show you that schools would indeed sell their soul to become an elite academic school.

tell that to ASU hahahahahahahaha

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sorry, but what exactly does that mean? I know, I know, they play really well at home. But cmon, how can you quantify that, when they are at home, they are a top 10 team? Every team plays better at home, and arkansas maybe bumps their game up a notch more than most others. But if they suck on the road, that mostly means they aren't very good in general and top teams aren't going to lose to them no matter where the game is.

It is more from the perspective that isn't isnt' an embarrassment to loose to them. Many people look at overall record and make blanket statements... but the reality is Arkansas (prior to this year) was a damn tough team at home. Not sure why, but they were almost unbeatable at home for a stretch.

That Syracuse game was crazy... one of the Cuse players had the game of a lifetime from 3 point range and barely pulled it out in the end... He shoots his average from 3, and Cuse goes down and Arkansas' home record was in tack. Even the Florida Elite 8 teams went in there and lost on a couple of occasions.

Again, overall in the past few years Arkansas has sucked... but at home they were a different team prior to this year.