• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Washington Redskins trademark cancelled by Patent office

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Eagles fan so definitely don't care about the 'skins but if this results in them choosing a new name I'd like to weigh in with my opinion.

Get ready for it............ The Washington Bullets

That would be a really cool name and would surely attract some new fans, as well as placate the fans upset at losing the Redskins name

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bullets have already been used and banned on the Washington D.C. basketball team. The Wizards used to be the Bullets, Cedrique and that name was removed because of PC as well about 30 years hence.

If you want to weigh in some more, go to the Politics forum where there is a general borads thread already hashing this issue out.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bullets have already been used and banned on the Washington D.C. basketball team. The Wizards used to be the Bullets, Cedrique and that name was removed because of PC as well about 30 years hence.

If you want to weigh in some more, go to the Politics forum where there is a general borads thread already hashing this issue out.

Nope, that's really all I've got. I was joking by the way. I'm well aware of the former Washington Bullets franchise. But I will say that if they do change the name they need to come up with a better process than the one that resulted in the "Wizards" name. Like I said, I'm an Eagles fan, but I still would feel bad if people in Virginia and Maryland had to root for the "Washington Trolls" or something

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what will happen to the Cleveland Indians? Atlanta Braves? This could be the start of something stupid!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what will happen to the Cleveland Indians? Atlanta Braves? This could be the start of something stupid!

, if they change the Braves name the tomahawk chop will seem even stupider than it already is

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the suggestions on the general board thread are: Washington Douchebags, Washington Hypocrits... ...you get the idea.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the suggestions on the general board thread are: Washington Douchebags, Washington Hypocrits... ...you get the idea.

If you want, you can steal my Washington Bullets joke and use it on the general board. It's Gold Jerry!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington could make a fortune on new gear if they change their name! Jerseys,pennants,mugs.blankets,honchos,hats,pens,and so much more! Plus the original stuff will probably go up in value.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, you can steal my Washington Bullets joke and use it on the general board. It's Gold Jerry!

But if he does use your joke would he have to buy you a bowl of soup at Mendy's?

"It's the best, Jerry! The best!"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Foreskins has been suggested. Somebody photoshopped a Redskins logo with an extended nose that was a facsimile of a penis head. Pretty funny stuff.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he does use your joke would he have to buy you a bowl of soup at Mendy's?

"It's the best, Jerry! The best!"

Soup is not a meal. I'd need a grilled cheese sandwich too.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Foreskins has been suggested. Somebody photoshopped a Redskins logo with an extended nose that was a facsimile of a penis head. Pretty funny stuff.

Great, I give you subtle, cerebral humor about the fact that they had to change one of their other nicknames and I get crickets. Someone draws a cock on a guys face and you think it's funny.
Maybe I should be writing for "The New Yorker"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Homosexuals seems pretty appropriate to me.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Eagles fan so definitely don't care about the 'skins but if this results in them choosing a new name I'd like to weigh in with my opinion.

Get ready for it............ The Washington Bullets

That would be a really cool name and would surely attract some new fans, as well as placate the fans upset at losing the Redskins name
I know this is an old thread... but this is a really good idea. Have any of your letters to Goodell gotten any traction?

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing more random than this thread is the reason I randomly thought of this thread... this random song that I heard while listening to the 36-song album Sandinista! by this not at all random band (maybe this could be the Bullets' theme song after the name change):

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing more random than this thread is the reason I randomly thought of this thread... this random song that I heard while listening to the 36-song album Sandinista! by this not at all random band (maybe this could be the Bullets' theme song after the name change):

I hate to toot my own horn but this Clash theme song idea is genius. You know all those 50+ year old white male Skins fans will love chanting these lyrics every Sunday at FedEx while watching their new black quarterback sail throws over the head of all of his receivers

As every cell in Chile will tell
The cries of the tortured men
Remember Allende, and the days before,
Before the army came
Please remember Victor Jara,
In the Santiago Stadium,
Es verdad - those Washington Bullets again

And in the Bay of Pigs in 1961,
Havana fought the playboy in the Cuban sun,
For Castro is a colour,
Is a redder than red,
Those Washington bullets want Castro dead
For Castro is the colour...
...That will earn you a spray of lead

For the very first time ever,
When they had a revolution in Nicaragua,
There was no interference from America
Human rights in America

You've just got to add a few "Hail To The Skins" in there and they'll be sold, I'm telling you

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t give a crap about Washington but this move is nothing but a Liberal clown act.