• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: University cops avert tragedy in Seattle

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a beautiful city and the need for people to attempt to destroy the beauty in life is so mind boggling to me. Not that I'm condoning this kind of violence anywhere, but when you hear that idiots are pulling this bullshit on campuses, it is frightening and heartbreaking.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good thing those University Cops did something outside of their normal duties of issuing parking tickets and skateboard tickets. Probably just got lucky that the guy fell asleep in his truck someplace visible... and it is awesome that they were able to stop this guy.

Apparently the psycho drove from Montana just to try and do this as some type of support for the protests in Brazil. The actions of lunatics are just plain weird. Why Seattle?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not related outside of geographically, but there was an attack stopped in Victoria, BC on Canada Day. A couple non-Al Qaeda muslims had planted pressure cooker bombs around the legislative building with rusty nails etc. Police knew about the plan for months, and apparently rendered the bombs impotent before they were placed and allowed the guy to plant them to ensure a conviction.

B.C. terror plot: 40,000 people were in Victoria crowd when police thwarted an alleged bomb plot | News | National Post

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not related outside of geographically, but there was an attack stopped in Victoria, BC on Canada Day. A couple non-Al Qaeda muslims had planted pressure cooker bombs around the legislative building with rusty nails etc. Police knew about the plan for months, and apparently rendered the bombs impotent before they were placed and allowed the guy to plant them to ensure a conviction.

B.C. terror plot: 40,000 people were in Victoria crowd when police thwarted an alleged bomb plot | News | National Post

Cool. Its too bad that the successful attacks get more press coverage than the ones that get thwarted.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Its too bad that the successful attacks get more press coverage than the ones that get thwarted.

It's not just that. The US news is very American centric. I travel all over the world and see things on international news channels that never gets reported in America. Our news pretty much sucks in terms of quality and diversity of what's reported.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just that. The US news is very American centric. I travel all over the world and see things on international news channels that never gets reported in America. Our news pretty much sucks in terms of quality and diversity of what's reported.

I know, our news service is weird. They'd rather have a segment questioning if Captain Crunch is really a Captain than talk about foreign events.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know, our news service is weird. They'd rather have a segment questioning if Captain Crunch is really a Captain than talk about foreign events.

He's not. He's a CAP'N. They clarified that on that CNN special - What THEY don't want you to know about crunch berries.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

In all seriousness, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the US is a very large nation with only 2 neighbours within close proximity. And that's only close if you're in the far north or the far south. In Europe, one could drive through 5 different countries in a day. In the US, one could drive for 2 straight days & still not be on the other side.

Not a lot of contact with other countries here. Plus, does Canada really count as a country? :canada:
:whistle:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the US is a very large nation with only 2 neighbours within close proximity. And that's only close if you're in the far north or the far south. In Europe, one could drive through 5 different countries in a day. In the US, one could drive for 2 straight days & still not be on the other side.

Not a lot of contact with other countries here. Plus, does Canada really count as a country? :canada:
:whistle:

Nah, I think it is as simple as most Americans don't give a fuck about anyone else and the news only gives the people what they want.