• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 158

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can anyone even make a fight against GSP look competitive? The UFC can't even book rematches with GSP because he wins in such a dominating fashion. If a guy gets knocked out, maybe it was a lucky punch. If a guy gets submitted, maybe he just got caught. But when I guy just gets beat down and out classed for 25 minutes there is no maybe to build a rematch on. That guy just got his :wtf2: kicked.

Does anyone even want to see Hendricks vs GSP? It seems to much like Kosh vs GSP to me. You have a strong wrestler with a KO power in his hands. GSP has better foot work, much more explosive wrestler, great at working distance. I see the same fight again. Hendricks looking to get close enough to land that big punch while GSP just peppers him over and over with his jab staying outside of Hendricks power and then taking him down at will to GNP him to a victory.

I mean they can sell the fight off Hendricks KO power and the fact that the last time GSP ever lost was by KO, but I don't see it being a good fight. Condit and Diaz offered a lot more matchup problems for the champ.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP Vs Silva needs to happen. That's all.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSP Vs Silva needs to happen. That's all.

This.

Only problem is.... What does Dana do after Anderson wins the fight and has TWO championship belts to put under his pillow at night? Schedule Silva vs JBJ @ catch weight?

Maybe give GSP better 'roids? (Haha. Had to say that for Diaz, the little obnoxious bastard.)

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agree silva VS GSP. Other than that, what's the point?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to go OT in an OT thread, but this old vid seems relevant again with the new trend of women like Rhonda Rousey now fighting for the UFC (and being named a coach in the next TUF series).

Anyways, this shows female MMA fighter Ediane Gomes, who soon goes up against Cris "Cyborg" Santos (best known for beating the piss out of fancy-pants Gina Carano), going super crazy in this vid, Brazilian style, and fighting a bare knuckle "Vale Tudo" match against a man.

Ediane Gomes vs Man in "Vale Tudo" match

It is worth a watch, cause either the guy doesn't take her seriously, or his training sucks... or both.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Only problem is.... What does Dana do after Anderson wins the fight and has TWO championship belts to put under his pillow at night? Schedule Silva vs JBJ @ catch weight?

Maybe give GSP better 'roids? (Haha. Had to say that for Diaz, the little obnoxious bastard.)

IF this fight happens GSP wont have his belt on the line because he is moving up in weight to fight. Or they will fight at a catch weight and neither guy will lose his belt.

Honestly though, this fight will most likely never happen. Silva is far too big for GSP and will knock him out. He has KO power with a short jab (GSP doesn't have a great chin) and will have over 20 pounds on him. The reason Diaz was so bad with his hands last night was because he was constantly worried about being taken down. Silva won't give a shit and fights as a counter puncher most of the time anyway. It isn't a smart fight for GSP, and knowing his personality it will never happen. He is so worried about losing, it isn't worth the risk. Not saying he is a worse fighter, just that it is a bad match up.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to go OT in an OT thread, but this old vid seems relevant again with the new trend of women like Rhonda Rousey now fighting for the UFC (and being named a coach in the next TUF series).

Anyways, this shows female MMA fighter Ediane Gomes, who soon goes up against Cris "Cyborg" Santos (best known for beating the piss out of fancy-pants Gina Carano), going super crazy in this vid, Brazilian style, and fighting a bare knuckle "Vale Tudo" match against a man.

Ediane Gomes vs Man in "Vale Tudo" match

It is worth a watch, cause either the guy doesn't take her seriously, or his training sucks... or both.

That girl looked pretty strong. I think that guy wasn't prepared for that. When you see him stand up before she takes him down near the end he has this look in his eyes like "What the fuck is going on here?" She beat one man... might as well go and beat Cyborg, another one.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF this fight happens GSP wont have his belt on the line because he is moving up in weight to fight. Or they will fight at a catch weight and neither guy will lose his belt.

Honestly though, this fight will most likely never happen. Silva is far too big for GSP and will knock him out. He has KO power with a short jab (GSP doesn't have a great chin) and will have over 20 pounds on him. The reason Diaz was so bad with his hands last night was because he was constantly worried about being taken down. Silva won't give a shit and fights as a counter puncher most of the time anyway. It isn't a smart fight for GSP, and knowing his personality it will never happen. He is so worried about losing, it isn't worth the risk. Not saying he is a worse fighter, just that it is a bad match up.

Anyone and everyone is a worse fighter than Anderson Silva

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is just a weak weight class, honestly I'm losing interest in the UFC as a whole. The big name guys (Jones, Silva, GSP) have no real competition at their weight and as a result, it is being suggested that they fight each other outside of their weight class to have an actual competitive fight. It is losing its luster for me.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone and everyone is a worse fighter than Anderson Silva
Silva is better, but I think it is closer than people think. GSP has had a much more talented division and has dominated every fighter he has come against. They both make it look incredibly easy, but the 185 division has been pretty week for a long time. Because of the way GSP is able to gameplan I think he would have a shot if he wasn't so small compared to Silva.

I think it is just a weak weight class, honestly I'm losing interest in the UFC as a whole. The big name guys (Jones, Silva, GSP) have no real competition at their weight and as a result, it is being suggested that they fight each other outside of their weight class to have an actual competitive fight. It is losing its luster for me.

I think this is a result of so many guys learning so many different types of martial arts. They are so well rounded it is no longer a clash of styles. There are far less finishes and even less characters. All the fighters of the old days seemed to have personality, and now it seems like a bunch of cookie cutter fighters. If you don't already, try and watch some other MMA organizations. Fighters that still have something to prove always put on a better show.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Hendricks vs Condit fight earlier. It was far from an impressive win for Hendricks. He got 12 of 15 takedowns but did nothing with any of them. Condit was the more active fighter on the ground landing elbows, punches and looking for submissions off his back.

I really don't see much Hendricks will be able to do against GSP. He does have deceptive speed with his punches, but the way he charges forward will just leave him open to takedowns. GSP's top game is a lot better than Hendricks and honestly his stand up is a lot more crisp. It will more than likely be the same as every GSP fight. Hendricks will get taking down and without much of a submission game off his back GSP will just control and pound him for another 5 round decision.