• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ticket Bastard Class Action Law Suit Settlement

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ticket Bastard" was something I first heard from the Oxilator in the mid/late 2000s, got a good laugh out of that one the first time.

Long story short, if you have a Ticket Master account log in and check "Active Vouchers". I was grouped into a class action law suit, I don't remember for what (order processing fees I think) and if you bought tickets from them between 1999-2013 you were automatically included in the law suit. The settlement was issued over the weekend.

A buddy tipped me off yesterday, I checked and what do you know - I have 7 free tickets (there is a list of eligible events) and 6 discount codes I can use as well. These expire on June 20, 2020 so you will be able to use them for a while.

Just a heads up.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell if I remember the user name and password.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about that on news radio earlier today, apparently there is a portal that can help you re-locate or re-register the email they have on file. I was lucky and didn't need it, all my crap hasn't changed in 15-16 years - phone, email, etc. so I just logged in and looked and there they were.

I think my last log in was sometime in 2008 or 2009, I stopped buying through TM when the gaggle of kids came about. Too expensive so I went into he secondary market and scored some kick as deals back then.

For example Loco, Mrs. Puck, me, Little Ms. Puck, and at the time the two middle kids both under a year old, got suite tickets for $300 in March 2011, Penner's first game as a King vs. the Canucks. Granted the last 2 were free because of their age, but that is a pipe dream these days - averaged out to $75/ticket for being in a suite.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at all the events these vouchers are good for and they all suck or are sold out.

No Kings games, only events thrown by Live Nation. I go to like 1 concert every 5 years and all they have are country (love it but no need to go to a concert), a bunch of cover bands for Def Leppard, The Who, etc. and then a bunch of people I have never even heard of. Screw you Ticket Master. Ox was right.

You can filter the nearest city and it'll bring events up, if anyone is interested post the closest major city to you and I'll post a list of events. If you want the tickets I will get them and email them to you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already a bunch of articles on this very topic, because they obviously learned nothing. I remember Pearl Jam had a documentary ("PJ20" I think was the name) where they went head to head with Ticketmaster, trying to actually take them to court on the grounds that they were a monopoly.

I forget the exact ruling, but Pearl Jam lost and still had to use Ticketmaster as their ticket distributor. It's beyond my comprehension how they aren't a monopoly since they are basically the exclusive seller of all Sports, music, comedy, or any live show.

The list of events for the vouchers they issues is a an absolute joke, which only a few events even being in California, let alone Southern California (And let alone anything good). With the reimbursements of $2.25, they STILL tack on the "Convenience" and "Facility" Fee, which double to original price of each ticket, so they're still doing the very thing that the lawsuit targets.

I have a theory that they have to pay the artists a percentage of the ticket price, so by listing the ticket price at "$25" they only have to pay the artist a percentage of that, even though they tack on $13 Convenience Charge AND $8 Facility Charge, which brings the per ticket price to $46. I also think it's hilarious that they get to charge a convenience charge when that "convenience" is essentially taking the place of what used to be a live attendant. So they not only don't have to pay someone to be at their ticket booth anymore, but they get to charge us for the right to not have to deal with anyone (This last paragraph is mostly my opinion, but I don't think it's that crazy).

But the thing I did was sign up for their email updates since they are supposed to release $10mil more worth of events that qualify. At least by being on that email, you will get notified of newly released events, and hopefully within that, there will be something good (They are apparently good until 2020, but we'll see).