• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be objective when it comes to Mizzou so I was wondering what everyone thought about Saturday’s game against Auburn. As a long suffering Tigers fan I always expect them to screw things up in a big game but am I wrong to be cautiously optimistic about this game? I think Mizzou can actually win this one. While they won’t stop Auburn’s running game they should probably be able to contain it. Mizzou's D is really good this year. If Auburn has to resort to throwing the ball it bodes well for the Tigers. Any thoughts?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a longtime Mizzou fan I share your pain. Hell I am afraid to write too much in case I may jinx it. :hope:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Auburn is running out of miracles and I think that Mizzou will win this game. I don't see how Auburn can sustain that emotion and keep it up.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Auburn is running out of miracles and I think that Mizzou will win this game. I don't see how Auburn can sustain that emotion and keep it up.

I hope you are correct. I've just had some many years of disappointment with Mizzou I’m always worried about getting too excited. One this I do know. The Tigers will win the game. :laugh3:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a longtime Mizzou fan I share your pain. Hell I am afraid to write too much in case I may jinx it. :hope:

I feel the same way ozark. I almost feared starting the thread in fear ove jinxing them, LOL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the past 2 weeks of miracles at the end of the game, it wouldn't surprise me if auburn wins and ohio st loses. But I am a betting man and the magic usually fades.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about either team, but I will be pulling for Missou since they haven't won a National title before that I know of.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas, 1954 Baseball is our only team sports Championship.

I just arrived in ATL (slightly outside actually) and will be in attendance tomorrow. I'm a JR at MU and the bowl game this year will be my 50th MU football game I will attend so I think I'm a person who can speak on the subject. Here's how I see the game:

Auburn is fast, really fast. They run the ball with misdirection. They don't block everyone but they run to the hole you don't plug. Big, physical, defenses have trouble with this. Bama's front four are blocker eaters and open rush lanes for LB's. This played into Auburn's hands because they couldn't plug every hole. Mizzou does not have a better front seven, but it is a very different front seven. The D-Line from Mizzou is much more athletic. They don't eat blocks to open rush lanes, they shed blocks free themselves. This fits better against the zone read attack. I'm not naive enough to believe we will stop their offense in its tracks, but if we slow the run game(which I like our chances of doing) they will be forced to throw. With the exception of the bombs Nick Marshall is not exactly a great passer. This also plays in Mizzou's favor. With the combination of Mizzou's defensive tenacity, particularly pulling at the ball, and Nick Marshall's inability to burn us with the pass I see turnovers playing a factor. Mizzou was +15 on the season and I expect this to favor us.

Now for when we have the ball. Our offense is good, really good. They gave up 41 to aTm, 23 to Tennessee(who kinda sucks), 38 to Georgia and 28 to Bama. If I can say so, Missouri has a better offense than any of those teams with the possible exception of aTm. We have 3 WR's who are tall, fast and strong. They can't match up with that. We'll spread them out and then run the Outlaw, Henry Josey, Murphy and Russ Hansborough. I see a MU win by 2 scores. My prediction: 37-24 MIZZOU!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou run D was awful. They just wore down.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Those LBs were out matches. FSUs LB are stout, but so were Bamas. However, Bamas offense is not FSU. :)

I just hope ohio st loses.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I knew Mizzou wasn't going to completely shut down Auburn's running game, I at least thought they would limit the big plays and keep them somewhat in check. Damn was I wrong, LOL. I think is was more scheme than talent though. Why was Mizzou in so many 3 man frints on defense. Everyone knew they are going to run the damn ball. Very curious. Oh well, all in all a great year for The Zoo and hopefuly they can beat up on an old foe in the Cotton Bowl. Good luck to Aubrun in the national championship game.