• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:Jack Johnson's financial nightmare continues.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of feel bad for JJ. Met his dad, we were with someone from the kings office, once at Toyota center way before this was known. My wife said after that the dad seemed to be living off his sons money. He talked about golfing and houses. I, of course, just assumed it was all talk. Maybe he was just trying to impress the Kings person.
It is sad when your parents destroy your life.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him but there is no way he gets that kind of settlement without a judge/BK court thinking not everything is on the up and up. I have been following this since it came out and honestly some things don't add up.

Johnson hasn't gone after his parents for the money, and he can do so in ways besides suing them, for starters. Sure they are your parents, but this is a legal thing and not personal as Johnson portrayed it.

There are other things too as well that just don't jive from a legal standpoint so I can see how a court would think they are not in on it together. You just let your parents sign POAs without even reading them, really? C'mon dude - either you are dumber than a sack of rocks or something doesn't smell right.

As for his father, he is an ass clown. He was riding the coattails of his kid's college career when he was at Michigan, dancing in the aisles and all that stuff. Seems like the kind of guy if the folks invited people over to the house Johnson Sr. acted like Mr. Big Dick taking credit for his son's success. It's well documented he is a helicopter parent. Lindros' dad was the same way and looking back at his career one can imagine what it could have been like without his dad involved.

Hope this gets sorted out for Johnson but not looking good.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's his "I'm gonna be so rich" dance

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him but there is no way he gets that kind of settlement without a judge/BK court thinking not everything is on the up and up. I have been following this since it came out and honestly some things don't add up.

Johnson hasn't gone after his parents for the money, and he can do so in ways besides suing them, for starters. Sure they are your parents, but this is a legal thing and not personal as Johnson portrayed it.

There are other things too as well that just don't jive from a legal standpoint so I can see how a court would think they are not in on it together. You just let your parents sign POAs without even reading them, really? C'mon dude - either you are dumber than a sack of rocks or something doesn't smell right.

As for his father, he is an ass clown. He was riding the coattails of his kid's college career when he was at Michigan, dancing in the aisles and all that stuff. Seems like the kind of guy if the folks invited people over to the house Johnson Sr. acted like Mr. Big Dick taking credit for his son's success. It's well documented he is a helicopter parent. Lindros' dad was the same way and looking back at his career one can imagine what it could have been like without his dad involved.

Hope this gets sorted out for Johnson but not looking good.

Puck, POA is that simple. You are literally handing over a blank checkbook linked directly to access to all of your finances. POA is often used for incapacitated individuals. My father had it for my mother when she become very ill. And yes, he could be that naive in light of what I am reading.

And he has sued his parents (Mom):
NHL Star Jack Johnson Sues His Own Mom! Inside Their Family Feud

Perhaps JJ knew of the risks his parents were taking? But that does not admonish his parents for poor choices. When you assume POA you assume control and should be held accountable for poor decision making.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POAs are simple, I did them for my clients when we became the administrator for certain things for them like taxes and what not with various states. But I certainly wouldn't be handing over POAs to my parents, that's for certain, no matter how good my relationship is with them. This is my future, it's my money and I will decide what to do with it. Of course they would be receiving something from it but that is solely up to me. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I am looking at it if I had that kind of money - I have 4 kids and want that money to go way beyond them and their kids.

In his case he was propped and coddled so much as a future superstar I don't think the boy had a chance to really know what it was like to do those things - make your own decisions, do what's best for you and your future, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he wore a bib at the dinner table and mommy fed him.

That lawsuit cracks me up, read the whole thing if you haven't. Mom won't return a 2007 BMW X5, or if she does she gets to keep the 2012 or whatever BMW X5? I just did a quick Auto Trader look and the range I found for the 2007 model was $12,000 - $16,000 used based on average of 15K miles a year iin my zip code of 92887. Let's assume it's pristine and it's worth $17,000 - are you friggin serious? You can't buy a good CPO model of almost any car these days for that amount and definitely not in my neck of the woods.

Sounds like mom is just making things as difficult as can be. Give the car back lady, it ain't that great.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an auto ad in the mail today, thought of this post - a 2016 Kia Soul Base $18,420, Dealer Discount $3105, Customer Cash Rebate $1000 and Kia Black Friday Bonus Cash $500 for a sticker of $13,815. But you have to buy the spare tire - no joke.

Really???