• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How long have you been around?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another post, Puck mentioned that he had been posting with some of us since his mid 20's.
So this got me curious. When did you all start with the Kings boards. Going back to ESPN. GKG does not count, since most of us have not posted in there.

I'll start out. I have been around since 2002. I know it was towards the later part of the year. Somewhere around September. So that puts me at 12 years and counting.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted as KingsFan on ESPN in the 90's. I lost that password and email and just kind of went away from ESPN until making the OT account when the Kings were just playing for OT and I was getting irritated about it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember
I am newer at posting than most of you. Guessing late 90s earl 00s

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know for sure but Puck was already on the ESPN board when I signed up. I have no idea how long he had been around when I signed up. He and I are just about the only ones left from that era. A lot of guys actually got lives outside of Kings hockey I guess.

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 2001 for me. Funny enough, a buddy, who doesn't post here anymore, I met from this ESPN board introduced me to another board that completely changed my (then) music career. I'm still that guy's friend today hah It's a trip to think that was 14 years ago. I've had a couple name changes and I can't even remember my original one.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 I think... My first post at ESPN was about Rob Blake being an asshole. :D

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in high school when I started posting on ESPN. I would guess around 2006/2007. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the youngest (if not the youngest) here.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I started on ESPN probably a few years ago, don't remember when exactly. I would say in total I've been posting for 6 years.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much just a reader now.. I think I started around 2000 on ESPN?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer 1999 for me, I was a whopping 4 months into my 24th birthday and went through an extremely horrid breakup from my (then) fiance. It was brutal and I needed something to keep my mind off things. I was pissed off, angry and tried to channel that positively and the board was one of my outlets.

Coincidentally I played some of the best hockey of my life the next 3 years, I play edgy as is and that just fueled me even more (and alcohol and women). These days I'm too sore 3 days after a game to knock someone's block off so I play physical still but pick my spots. More smarter than harder hockey but once in a while that guy comes out. I may be old now but I'm still nasty when I need to be. Kind of sucks when your (then) 7 year old daughter comes to a game, you bloody up some dude who was an asshole to a teammate and then have to explain yourself to a child.

The PU57 moniker was born, I logged on on dial up, and I am proud to say I have met some of the coolest people off this board. One hell of a family here, even the later additions.

My favorite story on these boards is when Ox and I met for the first time during AS weekend in 2002, dude thought I was going to gank his tickets.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite story on these boards is when Ox and I met for the first time during AS weekend in 2002, dude thought I was going to gank his tickets.

To be fair Puck. I really didn't think you would I was just making sure you knew that I knew you could. After all we had only chatted on the board and you were in that age group that around here is 80% gangbangers. That was a fun weekend in the end. Biggest laugh came when Modry took his turn in the hardest shot contest. I think his best speed was 87

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was around late 90s early 2000s.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Puck. I really didn't think you would I was just making sure you knew that I knew you could. After all we had only chatted on the board and you were in that age group that around here is 80% gangbangers. That was a fun weekend in the end. Biggest laugh came when Modry took his turn in the hardest shot contest. I think his best speed was 87

Ox

Gangbanger? LMAO...that's awesome. Anyone who knows me (and I know why you would be skeptical back then) knows I'm so anti-gang it's not even funny. I guess it goes with the old LA fan base stereotype.

That was definitely a fun weekend, I remember the collective sigh in the arena when J-Blow goes up and fires off a pea shooter (86.8 to be exact - I remember). It was one of the most pathetic NHL player slap shots I had ever seen in my life, I only think Frantisek Kaberle's was worse, which is why he was always passing off to Blake for the one timers.

Best J-Blow moment was when he was traded to the Flyers on my birthday in 2008, and I remember his press conference in Philly and he says something like "I just stop goals". Ya sure did in LA clown :::cough cough Chris Drury backbreaking goal WCSFs 2001 Game 7 roll out the red fucking carpet to Potvin's crease cough cough::::

That was such an embarrassment for LA hockey - Deadmarsh, Schneider, Allison, Palffy all hurt and J-Blow just so happens to have his miracle year where he is racking up assists from the bench (literally). Game is in LA too, had to have a rep I guess but those were some dark times in the franchise too although not as bad as the mid 1990s.

Gotta work on this quoting thing, I am confused as hell.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly am not sur the exact time but I guess it was probably around 2001 on the old ESPN board. I've been mostly just a reader but will occasionally get involved in certain discussions. Have always enjoyed Ox's and Puck's posts, especially the old "View From the Ox Box" game recaps from Ox. Have been a fan of the team since the early 80s on the heals of the USA Miracle in 1980. Used to watch games on ONTV wich would broadcast Lakers, Kings & Angels games, as well as the occasional game on KHJ Channel 9. Went to my first game in November or December of 1988 and was hooked! Met Tom Hanks after a game against the Canadiens during the '92-'93 regular season. Went to at least one home game from '88 thru 2011, but ironically didn't get to one game during the '11-12 season. What was funny was the wife kept bugging me for us to go down to LA Live & go to a viewing party during the 2012 run, but I refused saying that if they're playing this well, I'm not going near Staples with fear that I would jinx the run. Resumed going to games the next season though.