• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Holliday Slide Into 2nd Yesterday

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was listening on the radio when it happened and I just now saw it. That was terrible and Holliday should have been tossed. He didn't even slide until he was over the bag. But what really pisses me off about it is the radio announcers. They must have been Cardinals guys because they were completely bias and seemed to know a lot about their players and not as much about the Giants. Anyway, when the play happened they were saying how it was just good hustle and that it was completely legal and his knee just lifted because the ground was really wet. I get that it is the playoffs and guys are "going harder" but I still think that slide was bullshit.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought that was the most dangerous slide I've ever seen in a baseball game. In terms of what is allowed and what isn't in baseball, I thought it was a lot worse than the Posey-Cousins play last year...at least you're allowed to barrel into a catcher.

If you can catch footage of that fight in 1987 between Cardinals and Giants, that started on a late Will Clark slide at 2nd, very similar play......but Clark's is nothing compared to what Holliday did. And that started a massive brawl.

The thing that struck me is that its a play you see much more often in soccer, the late, dangerous two-footed slide right at a guy's legs. And even though soccer is a dirtier, more violent sport than soccer, those kinds of tackles are considered evil these days. Scutaro is very lucky he doesn't have a broken leg.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bush league. Didn't even check if he was alright either.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sliding that late puts yourself in harms way also, easy to sprain, fracture, or jam something on the bag (even though he jumped over the bag).

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bush league. Didn't even check if he was alright either.

Not true at all... I can tell a lot of you are new to baseball...

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was the most dangerous slide I've ever seen in a baseball game. In terms of what is allowed and what isn't in baseball, I thought it was a lot worse than the Posey-Cousins play last year...at least you're allowed to barrel into a catcher.
You haven't watched a lot of baseball then. Check out Joe Morgans slide in the 72 series. This ain't the all star game.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all... I can tell a lot of you are new to baseball...

Please I've played baseball since I was 4... I've def seen worse but he was past the bag and on the other side and tried taking him out with his arms. Bush league dotdotdot

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was listening on the radio when it happened and I just now saw it. That was terrible and Holliday should have been tossed. He didn't even slide until he was over the bag. But what really pisses me off about it is the radio announcers. They must have been Cardinals guys because they were completely bias and seemed to know a lot about their players and not as much about the Giants. Anyway, when the play happened they were saying how it was just good hustle and that it was completely legal and his knee just lifted because the ground was really wet. I get that it is the playoffs and guys are "going harder" but I still think that slide was bullshit.

I thought it was a dangerous slide but the Giants seem to be OK with it so I guess I am too. Glad they didn't lose Scutaro.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please I've played baseball since I was 4... I've def seen worse but he was past the bag and on the other side and tried taking him out with his arms. Bush league dotdotdot
I was talking about Holliday asking if he was ok...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You haven't watched a lot of baseball then. Check out Joe Morgans slide in the 72 series. This ain't the all star game.

OK, first that's a fair point, I was going to say something about Ty Cobb and old school but my post was getting too long. They used to bury people at 2nd, spikes and all, true.

That said, its been a loooong time since that stuff was OK. I have watched a LOT of baseball, kind of a funny statement by you, and in my lifetime I've never seen a guy go into 2nd like that. Back in the day, fine, but these days no way.