• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Great way to Christen Levi's Stadium

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earthquakes 1 Sounders 0

Here's to many many more Seattle losses there, Stadium did look great though and the fireworks going off at the end was pretty cool.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was random having the fireworks go off at Great America when the game wasn't over yet.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah apparently they go off nightly, will be interesting to see if they go off randomly during a 49ers game, I'm all for it as long as we are winning obviously.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah apparently they go off nightly, will be interesting to see if they go off randomly during a 49ers game, I'm all for it as long as we are winning obviously.

I think they're closing GA during Niner home games. They still might bust out the fireworks once in awhile.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
traffic sucked balls....

Traffic was a million times better than at The Stick in my opinion. I think as long as you follow the directions to the assigned lots it's not a huge deal. I left my house at 6 (which in normal traffic takes me 15 min to get to Levi's) and was parked in the lots across the street from great america by 6:25. Even leaving wasn't bad. Took me about 20 min to get onto great america way from the lot I was in but once I got on I was gone with no traffic. Guess getting onto the freeways is a different story.

They need to work on the WiFi hot spots though before they really brag about it for fan experience. It cut in and out a lot. Also food lines were horrible. My friends and I decided to see what method was the fastest way t get food. Some ordered using the app to pick up in the express lane. Others waited in the normal lines and I ordered to my seat. Ordering to your seat and paying the $5 for the order was worth it. It only took 7 min. Friends waited in lines for over 30 min since people are still learning the registers and all that.

But the best thing about the stadium was seeing Seattle fans leaving with their heads down and sad. There were a bunch of annoying 12th man fans there with their little flags.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traffic was a million times better than at The Stick in my opinion. I think as long as you follow the directions to the assigned lots it's not a huge deal. I left my house at 6 (which in normal traffic takes me 15 min to get to Levi's) and was parked in the lots across the street from great america by 6:25. Even leaving wasn't bad. Took me about 20 min to get onto great america way from the lot I was in but once I got on I was gone with no traffic. Guess getting onto the freeways is a different story.

They need to work on the WiFi hot spots though before they really brag about it for fan experience. It cut in and out a lot. Also food lines were horrible. My friends and I decided to see what method was the fastest way t get food. Some ordered using the app to pick up in the express lane. Others waited in the normal lines and I ordered to my seat. Ordering to your seat and paying the $5 for the order was worth it. It only took 7 min. Friends waited in lines for over 30 min since people are still learning the registers and all that.

But the best thing about the stadium was seeing Seattle fans leaving with their heads down and sad. There were a bunch of annoying 12th man fans there with their little flags.

Thats some good info, thanks for doing that.

There is a big diff in your commute as opposed to others - you live rather close to the stadium but for those who commute from further out (ie I'll be using 101 S for my commute), the freeways will absolutely be a problem. It's probably going to have to be CalTrain for me.

However, as beautiful and as expensive as this stadium is, I'll be frank and say that i didn't quite have that same "wow" factor i had when seeing Levi's last night on the Earthquakes game as i did when i first saw AT&T (originally called Pac Bell Park) back in 2000. Prolly it'll change when i head there for a game but there's something to be said for having a sleu of restaurants and a harbor right next to a stadium.

Also, how much was parking at the lot?

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to warn you Cal Train doesn't stop there at the Stadium. It's the ACE trains that have the stop there. If you take cal train you will have to stop at a different station I believe in Mountain View that you can connect with the VTA light rails. Might suggest just driving past 101 to central expressway and using that depending on if you have to go north as opposed to trying to get onto 101. Or taking central expressway to San Thomas expressway and taking that towards 280 depending on where you are trying to get to in the south bay. Or you an also take the expressway and catch 101 south a little further down where the traffic should be a little more open. Hope those ideas help a bit with the commute after for you guys.

As for Parking for this game it was 35 and 40 depending on if you are in premium parking vs regular. For 49ers my Blue Lot 1 pass is $50 each game.