• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

[OT] 'Grease' Star Jeff Conaway -- Dead at 60

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Grease" star Jeff Conaway has died today ... several weeks after he was found unconscious in his L.A. area home ... TMZ has confirmed with the actor's family.

Conaway -- a notorious substance abuser -- had reportedly fallen into a coma after suffering an overdose earlier this month ... and doctors were not able to revive him.

Jeff's inner struggles became public when he appeared on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2008 and admitted to being addicted to cocaine, alcohol and painkillers.

Conaway -- who played Kenickie during the 1978 film "Grease" -- was 60 years old.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was also on Babylon 5. Its very sad. another part of my generation passed on from this.

RIP Jeff. You had a ROUGH ROUGH end to your life and Im sorry to see it happen this way. I really held out some hope you could find your way. Rest Well Buddy.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a regular on 'Taxi' - A very funny show

RIP Jeff

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never understood the issue with substance abuse by people who seem to have everything going for them. I also have trouble feeling sorry for them. Not to be callus but I really wish I had the life some of these people throw away. I guess the grass is always greener applies but it would be nice to have fame and financial security for not just my family but my kids and grandkids.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the issue with substance abuse by people who seem to have everything going for them. I also have trouble feeling sorry for them. Not to be callus but I really wish I had the life some of these people throw away. I guess the grass is always greener applies but it would be nice to have fame and financial security for not just my family but my kids and grandkids.

money doesnt mean happiness nor stability. the life he had came with many many free rides. and the human brain in some people can take only so much before they look for other ways to keep it exciting. no one can understand addicition I suppose for if they did it would not exist. I dont feel sorry for him he gave his life to the addicition but I feel a sense of sadness for a loss in his own life and his families and fans. I liked Jeff in his roles. He gave me some enjoyment in the shows he was in. I will miss that. I feel very sad for his family and friends most of all.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear he died so young. He was part of one of the funniest Taxi moments.

[YOUTUBE]pvn-tBeLpCk[/YOUTUBE]

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap I forgot how good that show was.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a conscious desicion .....he didn't wake ip one day and decide to throw his life away....substance abuse is a terrible thing ....my heart goes out to him...I'm sure his last days were full of torment...it's something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy....