• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Game of Thrones

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to tell who wins it all.

You have a little person.
A good woman
A good man
A bad man who is becoming good (Jaime)
A bad women (cersei) who they might pick just to fuck with everyone.

And the sleeper pick who nobody is thinking about but would realize it would make a lot of sense if it happens.

Who has the truest heart of them all? ...Samwell Tarly

Samwell won't win based on the fact that he IS GRRM. He's the Narrator, the story teller, the "Song of Ice and Fire" was written is past tense by Samwell in the Future.

I honestly in my heart of hearts believe every Lannister dies in this. I hate it because I love Jamie and Tyrion.

Jon I believe is destined for the repeat of Eddard where the throne is his if he just sit down but in Jon's case, he does and then splits the kingdom.

I doubt Sansa and Arya die as they will be the only two Starks left to carry the legacy.

I believe Bran is the sacrifice Jon has to make to ignite Long Claw into the burning sword.

I'm going to make a Deadpool thread here in a minute, stay tuned and make your picks!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samwell won't win based on the fact that he IS GRRM. He's the Narrator, the story teller, the "Song of Ice and Fire" was written is past tense by Samwell in the Future.

I honestly in my heart of hearts believe every Lannister dies in this. I hate it because I love Jamie and Tyrion.

Jon I believe is destined for the repeat of Eddard where the throne is his if he just sit down but in Jon's case, he does and then splits the kingdom.

I doubt Sansa and Arya die as they will be the only two Starks left to carry the legacy.

I believe Bran is the sacrifice Jon has to make to ignite Long Claw into the burning sword.

I'm going to make a Deadpool thread here in a minute, stay tuned and make your picks!
I didn't read the books, so I'm gonna go w/ 'A girl' for the Throne win.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if there is any justice in the world, Tyene is not dead.

She can't be ...she is just too damn hot.

BYlt.gif

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humans. Humans win against the White Walkers and Nights King.

The throne, I believe Jon wins the throne and then divided the kingdoms up to the 7 major houses/what's left of houses.

I think Dany dies before the series ends during child birth, notably, Jon's child who lives and goes to Jon's side.

I also believe Jon finds his parentage out but stays a Snow. I don't believe he abandons all that's made him who he is which has been the lie that Eddard created to protect Jon.
I'm thinking right along these lines.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking fat. Put down the fried chicken, and finish the fucking books, Fatty McButtertits.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New trailer is out, and imho pretty underwhelming and disappointing. Like, I'm scared this season will suck worse than last season.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the next book will probably be released the day after the series finale, so there's that.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New trailer is out, and imho pretty underwhelming and disappointing. Like, I'm scared this season will suck worse than last season.

You thought last season sucked? Methinks your expectations are too high. I mean yeah it's not going off source material so the Red Wedding type moments are gone. But its not exactly season 7 of Dexter.

There will be plot devices that make you shrug. But the cinematography will be the greatest ever experienced on the small screen.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought last season sucked? Methinks your expectations are too high. I mean yeah it's not going off source material so the Red Wedding type moments are gone. But its not exactly season 7 of Dexter.

There will be plot devices that make you shrug. But the cinematography will be the greatest ever experienced on the small screen.
My expectations are the bar the show itself set. But I agree, it's visually spectacular.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations are the bar the show itself set. But I agree, it's visually spectacular.

That is a good point. When you are in the "greatest television show ever" discussion it's reasonable to expect entertain at a high level.

I don't think its possible to sustain that level of creativity for almosala decade though. Breaking Bad was what it was because it was only 5 seasons long. Their was an endgame for the show going in and they didn't try to bleed it out because of its popularity. A big part of the cult following with Firefly is because there were only a handful of episodes. You take 10 seasons of either and they lose steam over time.

I really enjoyed seasons 6 and 7, but I got in on it late so I had a little different perspective when I went back and watched the first seasons.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point. When you are in the "greatest television show ever" discussion it's reasonable to expect entertain at a high level.

I don't think its possible to sustain that level of creativity for almosala decade though. Breaking Bad was what it was because it was only 5 seasons long. Their was an endgame for the show going in and they didn't try to bleed it out because of its popularity. A big part of the cult following with Firefly is because there were only a handful of episodes. You take 10 seasons of either and they lose steam over time.

I really enjoyed seasons 6 and 7, but I got in on it late so I had a little different perspective when I went back and watched the first seasons.
Fair points, and I concur.

You a Browncoat, eh? Shiny.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rewatching and midway through season 4.

I don't both make it out of this but is anyone shipping Tyrion and Sansa? Technically they are married and he's the only guy that ever showed her any respect. They started to have a little chemistry and when she fled Kings Landing, he looked really pained for a second before brushing it off.

It's probably part of the "bittersweet" were all preparing ourselves for but watching again I'm starting to see it.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rewatching and midway through season 4.

I don't both make it out of this but is anyone shipping Tyrion and Sansa? Technically they are married and he's the only guy that ever showed her any respect. They started to have a little chemistry and when she fled Kings Landing, he looked really pained for a second before brushing it off.

It's probably part of the "bittersweet" were all preparing ourselves for but watching again I'm starting to see it.
They will end up ruling the realm as husband and wife.