• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Fantasy Draft tonight

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a fantasy draft tonight and I plan to become the most obvious homer in the history of fantasy sports. The draft is random order, so I don't know where I'll be picking. But if I land anywhere outside of the top 6, my plans will be to take Monta, then Curry, then David Lee. I'll grab a C/PF in round 4 then go with Dorell in Round 5.

Somewhere in the later rounds I will target Epke UDoh (for blocks and rebounds) and Charles Jenkins - because I honestly think that kid is going to get minutes. If he slips, I'll take Klay as wel. But based on the two preseason games, I will not reach for Thompson. I don't trust him.

My team name is: It's all Golden.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a fantasy draft tonight and I plan to become the most obvious homer in the history of fantasy sports. The draft is random order, so I don't know where I'll be picking. But if I land anywhere outside of the top 6, my plans will be to take Monta, then Curry, then David Lee. I'll grab a C/PF in round 4 then go with Dorell in Round 5.

Somewhere in the later rounds I will target Epke UDoh (for blocks and rebounds) and Charles Jenkins - because I honestly think that kid is going to get minutes. If he slips, I'll take Klay as wel. But based on the two preseason games, I will not reach for Thompson. I don't trust him.

My team name is: It's all Golden.

As long as it isn't for money, have fun, man.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that would be cool.

get like a 12 team league and have a random draft order and then #1 could pick any team they wanted and select players from that team only.

I wonder if the Heat would be the best fantasy team but per se the Clippers end up with the best record in the NBA.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft was last night and ended up with this team, in a 12 Team League:

PG: Dwyane Wade
SG: Eric Gordon
G: Nicholas Batum
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Carlos Boozer
C: Greg Monroe
C: Demarcus Cousins
Util: Aaron Afflalo
Util: Ed Davis
Ben: Brenden Haywood
Ben: Jerryd Bayless
Ben: Vince Carter
Ben: Ben Gordon
Ben: Kirk Hinrich

I'm going to get rid of Hinrich soon, since he's likely to miss more than a month. I'm going to get killed in assists, but other than that I think I have a pretty solid lineup. Thoughts?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft was last night and ended up with this team, in a 12 Team League:

PG: Dwyane Wade
SG: Eric Gordon
G: Nicholas Batum
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Carlos Boozer
C: Greg Monroe
C: Demarcus Cousins
Util: Aaron Afflalo
Util: Ed Davis
Ben: Brenden Haywood
Ben: Jerryd Bayless
Ben: Vince Carter
Ben: Ben Gordon
Ben: Kirk Hinrich

I'm going to get rid of Hinrich soon, since he's likely to miss more than a month. I'm going to get killed in assists, but other than that I think I have a pretty solid lineup. Thoughts?

Looks really good for a 12-team league. Of course, as with most fantasy teams, it comes down to health. As for assists, someone will emerge. You'll just have to be a waiver-whore. Plus, in a month or two there will be a scramble to grab B-Diddy. I hope nobody actually drafted him.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My draft went off the wheels right away. I picked 7th and Dwayne Wade was still there, so I took him. By the time the second round came along, Monta and Curry were both gone. By the time the third round came back to me, Lee was gone. Dorell went in the FOURTH round - which was too early for me.

I didn't get a SINGLE member of the Warriors in my draft. Oh well.

PG- Wade
SG - Tyreke
G - John Wall
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Andray Blatche
F - DeMarcus cousins
C - Andrew Bynum
UTIL - Kyrie Irving

Bench - Jarrett Jack
Rodney Stuckey
Thad Young
Vince Carter
Wes Johnson

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft went off the wheels right away. I picked 7th and Dwayne Wade was still there, so I took him. By the time the second round came along, Monta and Curry were both gone. By the time the third round came back to me, Lee was gone. Dorell went in the FOURTH round - which was too early for me.

I didn't get a SINGLE member of the Warriors in my draft. Oh well.

PG- Wade
SG - Tyreke
G - John Wall
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Andray Blatche
F - DeMarcus cousins
C - Andrew Bynum
UTIL - Kyrie Irving

Bench - Jarrett Jack
Rodney Stuckey
Thad Young
Vince Carter
Wes Johnson

Somebody in your league doesn't understand NBA adjustments/thinks Steph or Monta will miss significant time/is really hopeful that D-Wright will make unbelievable use of the 15 touches he will likely get per game.

EDIT: You should see if the team managers are willing to put money on it. Easiest $250 or so you'll ever make.