• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Expansion Draft Thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some of the Names Been unprotected...............

Some Really good names. Especially at Goalie

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Price, altough the 2nd best goalie in the NHL today, comes at a High costs for 2 reasons:

1) You have to pay him 11 Million dollars upfront before the season begins for a signing Bonus.

2) Today is the first i heard but i've heard alot.....

Price is having some injury issues with hip and knee.

So My question to you Monkey, @HaroldSeattle and others is this......

Do you Want to spend 11 Million on a Franchise Goalie who is injured and winding down soon.

OR

Cheaper Alternatives not as good but aren't injured. Same age though....

Case in Point:

Others:

I like Tarasenko but his game has lost a bit....

Landskog same

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price, altough the 2nd best goalie in the NHL today, comes at a High costs for 2 reasons:

1) You have to pay him 11 Million dollars upfront before the season begins for a signing Bonus.

Do you Want to spend 11 Million on a Franchise Goalie who is injured and winding down soon.

OR

Case in Point:

Others:

Landskog same
I don't keep up on hockey so IDK. Generally I'm against over paying for a name, and usually not wise to sign older aging player, at least not for big money and especially coming off a injury. Best I can do.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't keep up on hockey so can't say. Generally I'm against over paying for a name, and usually not wise to sign older aging player, at least not for big money and especially coming off a injury. Best I can do.

My Apologies than for the Mention

He is not Coming off Injuries though...

3 Reasons Montreal Went to the SCF as the Western Conference Champion , Weird i know but i can explain Away if needed....

1) Scoring Depth

2) Good Defense

3) Carey Fucking Price.

HOWEVER....

2 good insiders are yammering away today and ALOT of sports news sites have picked up

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can somehow land Tyler Johnson! Right now he's unprotected but he also has a high salary right now, so Lightening could release him...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can somehow land Tyler Johnson! Right now he's unprotected but he also has a high salary right now, so Lightening could release him...

He is. Tampa, although reigning champions, need to Shed Cap.

Don't believe me...

This is a hat signed by a Tampa Bay star named Nikita Kucherov

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR

Case in Point:

Others:

Landskog same

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm 100% causal about Hockey only watching during playoffs. Why??? no team growing up. I'm totally interested in learning more. Like why to the square off to hit a puck then 1 guy skates away and someone else takes over? I get it if they crossed the line and were resetting like a jump ball in NBA but 1 guy leaves....how do they choose I dont understand?? See I'm a noob.

As for goalie, I think I lean towards a young high ceiling rookie over near the end but all-star, as I'd like to see how the team forms and comes together before that kind of commitment. Though it would be nice to be like Vagas and get to the cup year 1.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm 100% causal about Hockey only watching during playoffs. Why??? no team growing up. I'm totally interested in learning more. Like why to the square off to hit a puck then 1 guy skates away and someone else takes over? I get it if they crossed the line and were resetting like a jump ball in NBA but 1 guy leaves....how do they choose I dont understand?? See I'm a noob.

As for goalie, I think I lean towards a young high ceiling rookie over near the end but all-star, as I'd like to see how the team forms and comes together before that kind of commitment. Though it would be nice to be like Vagas and get to the cup year 1.

lets start off with the team as is.........

Very VERY good Defense and not as Much Offense. ALOT OF 2 way guys so Jordan Ellerbe will be a fan favorite quickly because he is a Finisher.

What you seem to be refering to is when the Ref kicks a guy out of the Faceoff Circle. For being a wee bit to eager to start.

You do got the Young Kid, as slated in Varreck(Washington) but needs to put it all together. Dregier is a "Good Hand", Nothing more, nothing less.

There are 2 1st round projected goalies on Friday In Jasper Wessident, top 10 projected( SHL), and Sebastian Cossa, 10-Late 1st (WHL).

But i keep a eye on side deals. There are alot being talked about.

BTW thanks for that.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets start off with the team as is.........

Very VERY good Defense and not as Much Offense. ALOT OF 2 way guys so Jordan Ellerbe will be a fan favorite quickly because he is a Finisher.

What you seem to be refering to is when the Ref kicks a guy out of the Faceoff Circle. For being a wee bit to eager to start.

You do got the Young Kid, as slated in Varreck(Washington) but needs to put it all together. Dregier is a "Good Hand", Nothing more, nothing less.

There are 2 1st round projected goalies on Friday In Jasper Wessident, top 10 projected( SHL), and Sebastian Cossa, 10-Late 1st (WHL).

But i keep a eye on side deals. There are alot being talked about.

BTW thanks for that.

Right, I know off topic but can you explain why one is removed during the face-off. Is that just the ref's choice, like I couldn't drop the puck cause of you so you're out next guy up?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I know off topic but can you explain why one is removed during the face-off. Is that just the ref's choice, like I couldn't drop the puck cause of you so you're out next guy up?

Ok. Using a Vancouver game in the senciro (Sp)

Say it's Horvat vs Appleton in a Faceoff. Both approach the circle and have their Sticks on the Ice. You have to wait for puck drop to move your stick to bat the puck...

If not. Your thrown out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offside is Tricky to.

The puck must beat the player over the opposing blueline and if you leave the blueline. All 5 must "Tag up" , leave the opposing blueline, before you can reenter.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reason for Vegas' Success is

A) Draft itself
B) Sold alot of their prospects, from compensation picks, to teams that needed a reboot, Suzuki to Montreal in the Max Pacioretty deal

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly..........

I look at you guys and I can see you guys Competing for one of the 3 Pacific playoff spots

Vegas

Then the log jam begins with Vancouver, Seattle, Calgary and Edmonton.

Central usually has both of the WC