• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Do you have the coronavirus?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing.....Jimmy was the reason. Jerry hadn't done shit other than make the owners & the NFL richer
You guys never, ever suck.

Even without the Jimmy Era, Id love to take Jerrys mediocre success as GM. It's hard to describe what it's like to know for a fact your team isn't going to be competitive for a championship. But that's our reality.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked at home all week. Not sick. But easily could so I did.

Sucks having no pool or library. I make my own beer and wine and have oodles still from last summer for my herb.

Went to some used book stores and was successful.

Highway driving is weird because nobody is on the road except trucks.

A very much post apocalyptic feel to things.

Probably go to the office next week. 3 people in it, operations based elsewhere.

But I can't see my Dad. 90 in May but in a local care facility. He had a cold and had been temporarily isolated, and now with the social distancing and shit it's kind of tough to rationally get close to him. Let alone feed him his lunch on weekends.

And he cannot use a phone (hearing aids)and Parkinsons, wheelchair bound to a neck broken at C3 but "repaired" 5 years ago.

I might be all comfy and loaded for bear but my Dad is most definitely not. And I can't really see him.

I hope this passes quickly so you can see your dad.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked at home all week. Not sick. But easily could so I did.

Sucks having no pool or library. I make my own beer and wine and have oodles still from last summer for my herb.

Went to some used book stores and was successful.

Highway driving is weird because nobody is on the road except trucks.

A very much post apocalyptic feel to things.

Probably go to the office next week. 3 people in it, operations based elsewhere.

But I can't see my Dad. 90 in May but in a local care facility. He had a cold and had been temporarily isolated, and now with the social distancing and shit it's kind of tough to rationally get close to him. Let alone feed him his lunch on weekends.

And he cannot use a phone (hearing aids)and Parkinsons, wheelchair bound to a neck broken at C3 but "repaired" 5 years ago.

I might be all comfy and loaded for bear but my Dad is most definitely not. And I can't really see him.
That's rough. Extremely rough, for him and you. I wish you both the best right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys never, ever suck.

Even without the Jimmy Era, Id love to take Jerrys mediocre success as GM. It's hard to describe what it's like to know for a fact your team isn't going to be competitive for a championship. But that's our reality.

I was gonna make a poll, worst nfl owners. Do you think you win??? Imho your second, Snyder is one. Then there's a few to round out the top 5.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna make a poll, worst nfl owners. Do you think you win??? Imho your second, Snyder is one. Then there's a few to round out the top 5.
Dan Snyder is a giant fuckup of an owner for sure.

The Fords might not even be the worst owners in Detroit sadly. Gores bought the Pistons and the Palace then tore down the Palace, which was fine, to pay rent at tLCA. While destroying a somewhat successful organization.

But I'd put the Lions as worst North American sports franchise without a doubt. Snyder had a lot of leeway when he bought the Washington Football Team. So did the Fords, just 60 years in at this point.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've owned 3.

And every fucking one of them was literally Found On Road Dead at one point in their lives. Several in some cases....

Ford cured me in 1976. I've driven Nissans since 1980. My 1st was actually a Datsun.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this regime will get Haslem out of top 5 but until they win he is still in there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing.....Jimmy was the reason. Jerry hadn't done shit other than make the owners & the NFL richer

Jimmy was always great with average QB’s. That’s why he won at the U and Dallas but blew nuts coaching the Dolphins.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work at a place that is on the essential service list and we are short handed. People are doing the proper thing and staying home if they feel anything. I am very careful to wash my hands regularly, wear my work gloves at all times, keep my work area as clean and sanitary as much as possible and keep my distance from customers. I have a very good immune system and keep a healthy lifestyle so I rarely catch any bug but there are no guarantees. But I am not going to waste energy worrying about it and cause myself undo stress either. I'll either get it or I won't, plain and simple.
However, things like going to the gym, public pool, library or whatever are not essential and should be avoided. People should try to keep some normalcy in their lives so as not to go crazy but we should all use some common sense and avoid contact with people as much as possible.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be the very earliest symptoms if you do? The counties I am usually around in have lower cases than others confirmed atm. There are 8 in the county I live, and 5 in my commute county. I admit I'm not being super cautious at my gym. I have bought cups of ice so as not to use the gym's ice cooler. I sanitize a few times, but not wiping down exercise equipment before using it. But I do stay 6 ft away but I can't help but talk to some familiar people.

200.gif