• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Brady Quinn's Comments on Tebow

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it here and since it's the off-season, I thought I'd post it. (And I was right, I did post it! JK)

Brady Quinn slams Tim Tebow in GQ interview, says fans picked Denver Broncos starting QB  - NY Daily News

"Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle (Orton) got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in," Quinn said. "I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just 'cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice."
"The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown."
"If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me," he said. "When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know."
"We’ve had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply."

Not sure what he expects to get from saying this - as he alluded to, he doesn't exactly have many followers. I have my doubts about Tebow, but this just sounds bitter and desperate. If Tebow is so bad, why not work hard, wait it out, and be ready when the "luck" runs out? Let other people say this stuff, it's not like he's the only one who would say this. Let someone else spread the message.

Didn't see Alex call out Troy for the hail mary or say, "he only did well be people don't have tape on him." There is something to be said of being professional and not a Ryan Leaf in interviews. Obviously if Leaf is a mountain, Quinn is a molehill. This time it wasn't against reporters, but instead a perhaps soon-to-be ex-teamate, and of course, it was said calmly. But still, keep it to yourself. You might get your time or you might not. This isn't the biggest thing in the world, but it didn't help.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got butthurt. Now he's crying. What a chump.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Quinn apologist by any means but I can understand where he is coming from since he really hasn't ever been given the opportunity and the faith of a coaching staff and an organization and his comments, although not exactly conducive to team play, are understandable given his predicament. I don't condone it, but I understand his frustration.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't get the chance because he is awful and everyone knows it except Dre.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Tebow, but Quinn needs to STFU.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Quinn apologist by any means but I can understand where he is coming from since he really hasn't ever been given the opportunity and the faith of a coaching staff and an organization and his comments, although not exactly conducive to team play, are understandable given his predicament. I don't condone it, but I understand his frustration.

would you take him over Alex?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Where the fuck did I say he was any good? I just said that I could understand his being felt slighted. Ray, where the fuck did that come from?

@Huskers, no I wouldn't.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he had a chance in Cleveland..and failed miserably.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Where the fuck did I say he was any good? I just said that I could understand his being felt slighted. Ray, where the fuck did that come from?

@Huskers, no I wouldn't.

There was a guy named dre on espn board who loved him

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you guys said it.

Sounds like a baby who thinks that he just needs to be handed the job, because in his mind he's Brady fuckin Quinn... bitches gotta be crazy not to recognize.

Pretty shitty attitude.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He comes off like an arrogant ignorant jack ass. Nice job Quinn!

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, you guys said it.

Sounds like a baby who thinks that he just needs to be handed the job, because in his mind he's Brady fuckin Quinn... bitches gotta be crazy not to recognize.

Pretty shitty attitude.

LMFAO

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Quinn sucks, sucked since day 1, way overrated coming out.

buh buh byeeeeeeeeeeee