• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bill Belichick: A Football Life

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer Video at NFL.com

I just saw a commercial for this in the Monday Night game. Wired for sound, for every game of an entire NFL Season.

Damn that's cool, I would have loved to see something like that for Bill Walsh. Too bad someone didn't come up with this idea the year Walsh decided to retire. The Patriots fans are damn lucky that he agreed to do this, and give them such an intimate look into the team they love. That scene in the video where he's talking with Brady, and then writing down the idea Tom came up with... that's some pretty cool stuff.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trailer Video at NFL.com

I just saw a commercial for this in the Monday Night game. Wired for sound, for every game of an entire NFL Season.

Damn that's cool, I would have loved to see something like that for Bill Walsh. Too bad someone didn't come up with this idea the year Walsh decided to retire. The Patriots fans are damn lucky that he agreed to do this, and give them such an intimate look into the team they love. That scene in the video where he's talking with Brady, and then writing down the idea Tom came up with... that's some pretty cool stuff.

I can't wait to watch it.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[rant]

OK, first of all how ridiculous is it that you have to watch a commercial for the NFL, before you can watch a commercial for an NFL's Belichick show. Secondly, with how dramatic they made that trailer you would think its a profile of Abraham Lincoln or Obama or something....rather than an effing football coach.

I'm not sure anyone else is on this wavelength, but NFL's addiction to itself, the self-importance, the constant self-referential BS, its overpowering. When you watch the NFL network, they probably run more commercials than 90% of channels out there.....and its almost all NFL commercials!! Stuff that sounds like "When you get the NFL app for the NFL Network's NFL Showcase, you get all the NFL and NFL fan could want during an NFL season" Or when they show classic games, they still use almost the same commercial breaks the original game did - though the breaks have no real purpose - and again almost all NFL commercials. Its disgusting.

[/rant]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, first of all how ridiculous is it that you have to watch a commercial for the NFL, before you can watch a commercial for an NFL's Belichick show. Secondly, with how dramatic they made that trailer you would think its a profile of Abraham Lincoln or Obama or something....rather than an effing football coach.

I'm not sure anyone else is on this wavelength, but NFL's addiction to itself, the self-importance, the constant self-referential BS, its overpowering. When you watch the NFL network, they probably run more commercials than 90% of channels out there.....and its almost all NFL commercials!! Stuff that sounds like "When you get the NFL app for the NFL Network's NFL Showcase, you get all the NFL and NFL fan could want during an NFL season" Or when they show classic games, they still use almost the same commercial breaks the original game did - though the breaks have no real purpose - and again almost all NFL commercials. Its disgusting.

/rant

Ha ha! You should have given us that "rant" disclaimer at the top of your post, not the bottom.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, that is a pretty good point spacedoodoo, they do make it seem like he changed the world, or as if humanity would be lost without him. A little too over-the-top dramatic.

I'll agree with the NFL's addiction to itself, how many times do we need to see commercials for NFL.com's fantasy football league while watching a game? I must have seen that at least 6 times yesterday while flipping through the games.