• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - another music thread... give me a song or two...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
give me one or two songs from a band that you think far too few people know about (ie.. no Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. I'm looking for lost treasures here). Post the song that you think would win a new fan over.

the thread was somewhat inspired by naslundfan's passion for the band Emery. I can appreciate how a band's music can touch a person's soul like that, yet all I've seen in the 'bored thread' have been live cell-phone clips that sound like ass. Find me a song most representative of their body of work, and find me a listenable version of it.

I'll go with the Afghan Whigs

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Replacements (though not too unknown), one of my favorite videos ever too:

Havent seen the video in years, the song sounds a bit tinny compared to the CD.

I always liked this band and song, Dramarama:

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Dolls....widly acknowledged band...maybe somew of you younger guys haven't heard them....

[YOUTUBE]y-CI1gg2l6w[/YOUTUBE]

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd post new stuff, and will later, but I dont really know what is well known or not besides the obvious. My town doesnt have a current rock or pop station so I mainly listen to XM. I am not sure just because someone on XM plays a song a lot means its popular or not.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'd post new stuff, and will later, but I dont really know what is well known or not besides the obvious. My town doesnt have a current rock or pop station so I mainly listen to XM. I am not sure just because someone on XM plays a song a lot means its popular or not.

it doesn't have to be totally obscure, just trying to avoid the "Stairway to Heaven" type stuff.

example.... the Black Keys. Certainly gaining a lot more exposure in the last couple of years, but probably still under the radar for most. One of the best sounds out there right now, imo.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed the last two albums by Silversun Pickups.

One of my wifes favorite current bands which I like more and more:

[YOUTUBE]cWYTyfQe-o8[/YOUTUBE]

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my Favorite bands ever. Saw them live in 89 and was and hooked. Mary's Danish.

Here, they lend their touch to a Hendrix Classic
[YOUTUBE]C-JIKnptDG4[/YOUTUBE]

An instrumental, that kicks ass live:
[YOUTUBE]Kp7406K_5QI&[/YOUTUBE]

A lot of potential, just never got off the ground.

And this band got ripped off. Literally. Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine saw them and immediately changed his bands sound. Then that fucker got famous and these guys didn't... Urban Dance Squad

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy owns a coffee shop near where I work(ed). I think the video is pretty awesome. Good song too.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's my favorite band, Project 86. Underrated in my eyes.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my obscure music is from pre-2000 days, but if I had to offer a suggestion, this would be it. Japanese Rock Girl band from the mid-90s:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOT TOO UNKNOWN BUT A GREAT SONG NONE THE LESS

Another thrash band dead too early!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

man, I love XM. I'd never really considered it ntil I bought a new truck a couple months ago and got a free 3 month trial with it. I can't stand FM radio anymore and had gooten to the place where if I weren't listening to my own CD's I would get books on CD from the library just to have something to listen to that was not FM radio.

Now witht his XM, I completely hooked. I jst sent in my subscription notice. I recently found the NHL channel andd can't get enough of it. I've found I enjoy talk radio more than music at this pont in my life (even if I don't agree with what they're saying)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here is a great Nickleback Tune. best one they have ever done... NSFW lyrics use headphones

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I love XM. I'd never really considered it ntil I bought a new truck a couple months ago and got a free 3 month trial with it. I can't stand FM radio anymore and had gooten to the place where if I weren't listening to my own CD's I would get books on CD from the library just to have something to listen to that was not FM radio.

Now witht his XM, I completely hooked. I jst sent in my subscription notice. I recently found the NHL channel ad can't get enough of it. I've found I enjoy talk radio more than music at this pont in my life (even if I don't agree with what they're saying)

LOL the 3 month trial is how they got me too. My wife bought a car that had it and a month later we went on vacation. Driving up and back and while there we had an opportunity to listen to it a lot. So she was hooked and extended it and then later she bought me a portable car unit. Its great.

I like talk too, just depends on what I am in the mood for. If its trafficky at all, I prefer talk.