• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles sign J.J. Hardy to Extension

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing since this seemed like a down year for Hardy imo. This solidifies the right side of our IF for 3 more years. With Schoop up and coming at 2B (IMO a star about ready to bust out), we can also have Davis return on the cheap after his very down year and suspension. Davis doesn't want to leave anyway. We are set in LF with DeAza, Jones in CF and resign Nick to a 3 year friendly deal. The defense and lineup pretty set with the exception of Wieters and Nelly.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is awesome to have this news now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing since this seemed like a down year for Hardy imo. This solidifies the right side of our IF for 3 more years. With Schoop up and coming at 2B (IMO a star about ready to bust out), we can also have Davis return on the cheap after his very down year and suspension. Davis doesn't want to leave anyway. We are set in LF with DeAza, Jones in CF and resign Nick to a 3 year friendly deal. The defense and lineup pretty set with the exception of Wieters and Nelly.
So revisiting this thread from Oct 2014 and to me the signing seemed good at the time however, Hardy really didn't perform with the bat for multiple reasons. Injury, digression or whatever, he was solid defensively but with no real average or power, he doesn't help us. Beckham is playing out of his mind right now and I see no switch when Hardy returns from injury and I do not see the O's bringing Hardy back for next season either. Schoop has officially arrived and IS a star.
We NEED pitching badly without having to run either Tillman or Ubaldo to the mound.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So revisiting this thread from Oct 2014 and to me the signing seemed good at the time however, Hardy really didn't perform with the bat for multiple reasons. Injury, digression or whatever, he was solid defensively but with no real average or power, he doesn't help us. Beckham is playing out of his mind right now and I see no switch when Hardy returns from injury and I do not see the O's bringing Hardy back for next season either. Schoop has officially arrived and IS a star.
We NEED pitching badly without having to run either Tillman or Ubaldo to the mound.
With the way Beckham has played, there's just no room right now for JJ. At this point, he's just another Ryan Flaherty... Good defense (even with some of his range gone) but not much of a hitter.
Mainly what we need is to solidify right field and starters, starters, starters.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Beckham has played, there's just no room right now for JJ. At this point, he's just another Ryan Flaherty... Good defense (even with some of his range gone) but not much of a hitter.
Mainly what we need is to solidify right field and starters, starters, starters.

At least Ryan can play just about every position on the field.