• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles Interested In Bronson Arroyo

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles are among the teams to have shown interest in right-hander Bronson Arroyo, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney. The question, notes Olney, is regarding contract terms.

Though they saved nearly $11MM in 2014 salary by trading Jim Johnson to the A's, the Orioles have done little with that savings to this point. They looked to be on their way to allocating a significant chunk of that money to a cheaper option in Grant Balfour, but the O's controversially backed out due to concerns over Balfour's physical.

The money saved on their ninth inning situation would likely be enough to pay Arroyo in the first year of a multiyear pact, especially if the contract were backloaded. Baltimore will have Nick Markakis' salary coming off the books following the 2014 campaign, which could allow them to pay Arroyo more following the first year of a deal.

Arroyo has also been connected to the Twins, Reds, Mets and Pirates this offseason, with the Twins and Reds being the most frequently mentioned suitors for the soon-to-be-37-year-old. Recent reports indicated that as many as four teams have made two-year offers to Arroyo, who is currently holding out for a third guaranteed season. Arroyo has thrown 199 or more innings in each of the past nine seasons, pitching to a 4.10 ERA in that time. He's also succeeded in a hitter-friendly environment -- Cincinnati's Great American Ball Park -- for the vast majority of that stretch.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Would be a solid innings eater for the back-end of the rotation.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought we were in the Tanaka sweep stakes ($155M) but you mean to tell me we can't sign Arroyo or Burnett for a season to bridge the gap until Bundy and Gausman are ready and healthy? To say I'm a frustrated fan at the lack of commitment the owner shows to winning in the toughest division in baseball is an under statement.

Always an O's fan!
Always will dislike Dick Angelos!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought we were in the Tanaka sweep stakes ($155M) but you mean to tell me we can't sign Arroyo or Burnett for a season to bridge the gap until Bundy and Gausman are ready and healthy? To say I'm a frustrated fan at the lack of commitment the owner shows to winning in the toughest division in baseball is an under statement.

Always an O's fan!

arrrrrrrr ooooooooo wants 3 years!!!! :gaah::gaah::gaah: I would hate to watch him for 1 year

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always an O's fan!
"We're going to do what we've got to do to win," Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Such words have never been uttered out of the mouth of Angelos...

Getting back to Arroyo, I wouldn't want him for multi-years as he will be 37 before the season starts. A year would certainly suffice. Could be an inning-eater until Bundy and (hopefully) Gausman are ready. But out of the remaining FA starters, I'd prefer Garza. Only 30 years old and signing him would be worth losing the draft pick, which the Orioles usually throw away anyway...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're going to do what we've got to do to win," Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Such words have never been uttered out of the mouth of Angelos...

Getting back to Arroyo, I wouldn't want him for multi-years as he will be 37 before the season starts. A year would certainly suffice. Could be an inning-eater until Bundy and (hopefully) Gausman are ready. But out of the remaining FA starters, I'd prefer Garza. Only 30 years old and signing him would be worth losing the draft pick, which the Orioles usually throw away anyway...

I just wish he had his opening day line up brob at 2 nd ,aroid boy at 3rd ,tex at first and a jeter short makes me happy . that looks like a winner to me . the great d will help out tanaka and cc , kuroda and who ?

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-oh.........They've found an issue with Colvin's physical now.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Burnett is pitching and open to the O's..and taking a physical.:whistle: