• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange mane shut down

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone else that ever posted there, the founder was threatened with a lawsuit cause of political debate and he had to shut it down.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh. Its been a junkyard for at least a decade.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sad at first, but I think it's for the best. It wasn't a discussion board over there anymore, it was outright discourse.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sad at first, but I think it's for the best. It wasn't a discussion board over there anymore, it was outright discourse.
It seemed like a lot of people there were ok with it and ready to move on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t been to the mane but hopefully the problem children don’t come here and the good one’s do! :-)

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if Fontaine showed up over here from the Mane boards. He did great work on breaking down the all22 film after games. It was like taking a class on Oline and route assignments.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if Fontaine showed up over here from the Mane boards. He did great work on breaking down the all22 film after games. It was like taking a class on Oline and route assignments.
NFL.com , I believe , got rid of the All 22 on GamePass

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several of us here. Haven't seen the ones that no one wants to see.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have all the new blood in the forums. We're already one of the more active boards, can't wait to see what you all bring to the family.

Please note that the political forum here can be just as vitriolic as most boards, and in the past "dissent" from the more popular views wasn't well tolerated. Most of us stick to the NFL forums.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning to weat coasters who are awake.

I have to agree with @LGM. Hate seeing political stuff work it's way into these football forums. Problem is that these are 'open' threads and when someone has an axe to grind, they find a way to somehow mix it into a thread that seems to have a ton of conversation.

Before the Hoop was the place to go to discuss sports, I was a regular on CBS and that became a rat hole. The biggest problem was that no one could even say anything against what CBS was supporting or get suspended for a week or two. Then it got nasty and every forum was an open target. It eventually crashed the site. I think Shaggy and his mods have done a really good job in keeping the Hoop under control and we can only hope that the assholes stay in their toilets.

Suing an owner is just someone's attempt for their 15 minutes of fame. When a jerk hires a 40% lawyer against a billionaire, the 40%er will never be committed enough to push himself to a jury case. Those guys work on settlements and not trials. If a billionaire says take it to a jury, the 40%er has to eat and can't spend 24/7 working for one client for two to three years before trial. He's looking for the half million, "Just go away" settlement so he can put $200K in the bank and move on.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have all the new blood in the forums. We're already one of the more active boards, can't wait to see what you all bring to the family.

Please note that the political forum here can be just as vitriolic as most boards, and in the past "dissent" from the more popular views wasn't well tolerated. Most of us stick to the NFL forums.

Yea, it’s pretty impossible not to have a few remarks slip in from time to time of political nature, but that’s pretty minimal here. Really glad to see some new members, and a couple really jumping in with some good takes.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't touch online political discussion.

That's what tipped the OM at the end, but the attitude had been bleeding into the sports discussions for a while. You couldn't seem to hold an adult conversation.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're all pretty protective of this place, so the standards we have are a bit higher than other boards. We do a pretty good job of policing.

Speaking of policing, where's OM? I'm surprised he's not bribing the newbies for POTM already.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're all pretty protective of this place, so the standards we have are a bit higher than other boards. We do a pretty good job of policing.

Speaking of policing, where's OM? I'm surprised he's not bribing the newbies for POTM already.
Standards are high? With you here?!

;)

• Winner
Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning to weat coasters who are awake.

I have to agree with @LGM. Hate seeing political stuff work it's way into these football forums. Problem is that these are 'open' threads and when someone has an axe to grind, they find a way to somehow mix it into a thread that seems to have a ton of conversation.

Before the Hoop was the place to go to discuss sports, I was a regular on CBS and that became a rat hole. The biggest problem was that no one could even say anything against what CBS was supporting or get suspended for a week or two. Then it got nasty and every forum was an open target. It eventually crashed the site. I think Shaggy and his mods have done a really good job in keeping the Hoop under control and we can only hope that the assholes stay in their toilets.

Suing an owner is just someone's attempt for their 15 minutes of fame. When a jerk hires a 40% lawyer against a billionaire, the 40%er will never be committed enough to push himself to a jury case. Those guys work on settlements and not trials. If a billionaire says take it to a jury, the 40%er has to eat and can't spend 24/7 working for one client for two to three years before trial. He's looking for the half million, "Just go away" settlement so he can put $200K in the bank and move on.
This place had Mods?