• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

opening night

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that place felt like a playoff game. i was at opening night last year when there was only about 14,000 people in the stands last night was a legit sellout for sure. from the video tribute to the players and then having the marine jumping in from the roof...the place was ready to rock and roll!

shame though too i think if they couldve got one on that pp early in the 1st they wouldve been a lot better. they really needed that first goal just to get over the hump. instead they seemed to be really nervous and you could tell just when that 2nd flyers goal was coming sure enough it did and then the wheels fell off.

team though just looked a step behind the flyers all night whatever reason that might be i dont know. i will say this though the defense has to work on breakout passing there were a number of times last night when it took more then 1x to get the puck out of the zone. 1st goal a prime example i think they had 2x and couldnt get it out.

i really dont like palmeri on that 2nd line either...nor do i like zubrus centering it. just put speed and hands on that line if chances go the other way so be it. play to your strengths i say

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping that we can mark that one down as not having played a game for a week. And some players waited even longer if they weren't in the last preseason game. Hopefully they'll be more focused Monday.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
team though just looked a step behind the flyers all night whatever reason that might be i dont know. i will say this though the defense has to work on breakout passing there were a number of times last night when it took more then 1x to get the puck out of the zone. 1st goal a prime example i think they had 2x and couldnt get it out.

The D and the wingers as well. I thought this was a major problem as well. Too often they were passing where they thought a player should be, or simply chipping it hoping somebody would get to it. It doesn't even need to be a breakout pass, but just clear the zone and get the Flyers off their rhythm. 2nd goal was a clear example of this. I want to say at least 3 guys had a chance to clear it and failed.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2nd game of the season is a monday afternoon which will be played in front of a crowd taht resembles a practice? ugh not good!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2nd game of the season is a monday afternoon which will be played in front of a crowd taht resembles a practice? ugh not good!

National/Federal holiday tomorrow. All the kids have off from school. We'll see.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like zubrus on rw w/ Kovy on the left. The centerbneeds to be.differ tho

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had Columbus Day off in my life, I'm sure plenty of people are the same way.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea...but im sure some people take it off. If the stocks are closed (dont know if they are) then my brother is. It probably matters what job you have.

Actually looking at the parking lot of the office building I work at, its fucking empty compared to a normal weekday.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is true with kids and I think the devils did a great promo for the game. Something like $14 for balcony seats. just can't imagine a lot of moms taking their kids. We will see though...I remember last ear the devils had the same schedule against the pens and got blown out 5-1?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I know for a fact that state employees and all the schools are off.