• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opening Day Roster Predictions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring Training games start soon, so I guess it is time for our official predictions for opening day rosters.

Prizes are follows...

FUCK OFF! THERE ARE NO PRIZES! JUST POST, BITCH!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers

Cueto
Samardzija
Beede
Gausman
Smyly
Jimenez
Watson
Gott
Garcia
T. Anderson
Peralta
Suarez
Selman

Catchers

Posey
Heineman

Infielders

Belt
Sanchez
Crawford
Longoria
Dubon
Solano
Flores

Outfielders

Yastrzemski
Pence
Davis
Slater

Dickerson and Moronta start the season on the IL

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers
Cueto
Samardzija
Gausman
Smyly
D Rodriguez
Watson
Gott
J Garcia
Rogers
Blevins
Coonrod
Gustave
Vincent

Catchers
Posey
Brantly

Infielders
Belt
Y Sanchez
Crawford
Longoria
Dubon
Solano
Flores

Outfielders
Yastrzemski
Pence
Dickerson
Hamilton

T Anderson, Moronta, A Garcia - injured list

Half of this roster (mainly bullpen) can be a toss up as to who makes it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is tough to say. In past years it was usually just down to the last 2-3 guys. This year I don't even know who the f*ck we have backing up Posey??

And the pitchers, no clue how they view some of these guys.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, a LOT of coin tosses have to come up heads if we are going to even be a .500 club.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back from a 3 1/2 week offline exhile (india blocks access to the 'hoop, go figure). walked by the cove today and construction is still in full swing on the bullpens, hard to see how much is left to do.

i'd rather see pillar in that line-up than pence. hunter, love him, was painful to watch in right the last few years at the cove. neither will be around when (if) we reach .500 again, gotta believe pillar's defense will mean more to the team in the short term that anything pence will bring.

hopefully the 'swap' yielded some significant cap space or a prospect. otherwise i just don't see it other than the giants propping up a vet

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking for myself, 'we' wanted this in '17 when the writing was on the wall..... this would be a much different team in '20 if some of that roster was shed for value
Well sure, but what happened instead is understandable, considering the city and team history.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, a LOT of coin tosses have to come up heads if we are going to even be a .500 club.
.500 would be a disaster. No playoffs and a worse draft pick. We need to stink out loud for the next two years and we will.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB recently announced that, if the season happens at all, they will allow, for some unspecified period of time, starting with whenever Opening Day starts, teams to carry 29 players on their active roster. They have also frozen all teams from conducting any more transactions, so, theoretically, we could make some decent guesses as to what a 29 man roster would look like. However, FZ is going to go nuts without being able to transact so I expect him to put in waiver claims on every single guy available, as soon as they become available. He'll also probably sign up for about 50 different fantasy leagues today and immediately add, drop and try to trade as soon as the drafts are finished in each of those 50 leagues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB recently announced that, if the season happens at all, they will allow, for some unspecified period of time, starting with whenever Opening Day starts, teams to carry 29 players on their active roster. They have also frozen all teams from conducting any more transactions, so, theoretically, we could make some decent guesses as to what a 29 man roster would look like. However, FZ is going to go nuts without being able to transact so I expect him to put in waiver claims on every single guy available, as soon as they become available. He'll also probably sign up for about 50 different fantasy leagues today and immediately add, drop and try to trade as soon as the drafts are finished in each of those 50 leagues.
I honestly fear for FZ’s mental health right now. I fully expect him to be carried off in a straight jacket within 2 weeks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29 man roster?? Why?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly fear for FZ’s mental health right now. I fully expect him to be carried off in a straight jacket within 2 weeks.

It's hilarious that he optioned a couple guys down to the minors last week, he just couldn't resist.

Plus, in hindsight, it could actually be considered a bad decision because if the season is not played, and all the service time clocks are ticking, this would count as an 'option used' year for anyone not on the active roster.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious that he optioned a couple guys down to the minors last week, he just couldn't resist.

Plus, in hindsight, it could actually be considered a bad decision because if the season is not played, and all the service time clocks are ticking, this would count as an 'option used' year for anyone not on the active roster.
I fully expect the league to nullify those options if the season never gets played.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my way-to-early, if-the-season-were-to-be-played, FZ-may-get-rid-of-half-these-guys-because-he-can prediction of the 2020 Opening Day roster:
Starting rotation - Jonny Cueto, Jeff Samardzija, Kevin Gausman, Drew Smyly, Dereck Rodriguez
Bullpen - Trevor Cahill, Sam Coonrod, Enderson Franco, Jarlin Garcia, Trevor Gott, Dany Jimenez, Wandy Peralta, Tyler Rogers, Tony Watson
Catchers - Rob Brantly, Buster Posey
Infielders - Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, Mauricio Dubon, Wilmer Flores, Evan Longoria, Yolmer Sanchez, Pablo Sandoval, Donovan Solano
Outfielders - Alex Dickerson, Billy Hamilton, Hunter Pence, Austin Slater, Mike Yastrzemski
Injured List - Tyler Anderson (10), Tyler Beede (60), Reyes Moronta (60), Aramis Garcia (60)
Moronta and Garcia are already on the 60 day IL so Beede's move will open a spot for Cahill. Room on the 40 will need to be made for Brantly, Sanchez, Sandoval and Hamilton.
I am banking on Watson and Sandoval being fully recovered but Anderson still in rehab.