• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Open as 8 point dogs to the Pokes

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ain’t double digit dogs. I guess that’s a move in the right direction...

Trust the Climb...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lines at 7.5 this morning...some money being put in the Hillbillies!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start I said 5 wins would be a good season and a bowl would be a great season. Still in the running for both.

Heard rumors that Campbell may try for a 6th year medical redshirt.

We need some good OL recruits for next year.

Time to move Trey Lowe to Safety. He is an outfielder not a pitcher.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start I said 5 wins would be a good season and a bowl would be a great season. Still in the running for both.

Heard rumors that Campbell may try for a 6th year medical redshirt.

We need some good OL recruits for next year.

Time to move Trey Lowe to Safety. He is an outfielder not a pitcher.

I said 4 so they have met my expectations...can't emphasize enough how good that win was IN Manhattan...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see how the team plays these last two games, a bowl is still in play if we win out. Do they play with passion and resolve like they did at KSU? these games will show the character of the team, I saw a much improved squad last week, I think a lot of that was the change at QB and o line. Let's go!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy for everyone that last week’s game turned out like it did. There’s new energy in Mountaineer Nation as we watch the beginning of the Doege Era.

While I know there was also some signs of life in the running game against KSU... I have to keep in mind... that the KSU rush defense was not one of the strongest in the country... giving up an average of over 5 ypc.

So... what Doege brought to the passing game was something that truly stood out.

We talk about time to get in sync with the WR’s... what time did he have? One week of taking 60% of the reps heading into the KSU game.

It’s going to be Senior Day. Hopefully we have a great crowd for it. Weather doesn’t look great. But, this will be our last chance to see this team at home... so... there’s that...

Neal said the OL is improving. Hopefully we see further proof of this on Saturday. Defense needs to bring the same energy they brought last week too. They were awful against Tech.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sucks for the kid.

As a Mountaineer fan, I'm not really sure how to react. Sanders was capable of making some special plays... but, he has had issues protecting the ball too.

Read that his backup is a transfer from Hawaii. He apparently injured his hand too, but is expected to play. I looked up his stats at Hawaii. He is but 5'11". I'm guessing our DC would rather not have to look at UH film these past two days to get a read on how to mess with his head tomorrow. But, what are you gonna do?

My boy Slaton is going to be at the game. If anyone wants to hang with us pre-game... we gonna be in the Green Lot. There's bourbon, vodka, rum... and beer. Come on by... seriously... message me... use this thread... if y'all want...

I have a long day ahead. Taking one of my dogs to the Cornell Vet School for a follow-up on our journey to Morgantown. Gonna be a 12 hr day I'm afraid...

Get to watch the Mounties in action tonight... and tomorrow...

Hoping it goes as well for our boys... and for all of us... as last weekend. Let's Go...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks for the kid.

As a Mountaineer fan, I'm not really sure how to react. Sanders was capable of making some special plays... but, he has had issues protecting the ball too.

Read that his backup is a transfer from Hawaii. He apparently injured his hand too, but is expected to play. I looked up his stats at Hawaii. He is but 5'11". I'm guessing our DC would rather not have to look at UH film these past two days to get a read on how to mess with his head tomorrow. But, what are you gonna do?

My boy Slaton is going to be at the game. If anyone wants to hang with us pre-game... we gonna be in the Green Lot. There's bourbon, vodka, rum... and beer. Come on by... seriously... message me... use this thread... if y'all want...

I have a long day ahead. Taking one of my dogs to the Cornell Vet School for a follow-up on our journey to Morgantown. Gonna be a 12 hr day I'm afraid...

Get to watch the Mounties in action tonight... and tomorrow...

Hoping it goes as well for our boys... and for all of us... as last weekend. Let's Go...

Looking forward to getting to Hillbilly Heaven and seeing my brothers BBW and Buck Belue!!...the whole Slaton10 clan and a dog will be on the way...unfortunately not leaving today...going to be an extremely long day tomorrow...RALLY TIME!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting here watching this game, I am seeing a textbook example of why officials need to work for the NCAA and NOT the leagues.......

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting here watching this game, I am seeing a textbook example of why officials need to work for the NCAA and NOT the leagues.......
Never seen a player called down due to his ankle touching the ground. It may be correct (I think it is) but I have never seen it in any other conference. Those refs were pretty terrible today, HOWEVER, they didn't cost us the game, we cant get 6" for a TD at home on senior day? We deserve to lose.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a player called down due to his ankle touching the ground. It may be correct (I think it is) but I have never seen it in any other conference. Those refs were pretty terrible today, HOWEVER, they didn't cost us the game, we cant get 6" for a TD at home on senior day? We deserve to lose.
A little frustrating watching the run game. At times it looked great but as you mentioned, not getting a 1 yard TD was disappointing.

First time I’ve seen Doege play. Looks to be the real deal. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker in some cases but that will come along with mores snaps.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little frustrating watching the run game. At times it looked great but as you mentioned, not getting a 1 yard TD was disappointing.

First time I’ve seen Doege play. Looks to be the real deal. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker in some cases but that will come along with mores snaps.
Yea there ARE some bright spots at times but still need talent/attitude on the OLine BAD.

Any body else wonder why we haven't used some backup linemen or Dlinemen as lead blockers OR pushers on our short yardage package? I mean, why not?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been maddening in WVU football for as long as I can remember!!! IMO, THAT is the difference between teams like WVU and teams like Ohio State, everyone has talented and able skill kids, the blue bloods get the truly gifted linemen.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some observations..first and I’m not embellishing. I’ve never witnessed a crowd as small as the one yesterday. They announced 30,000. Im telling you if there was 20,000 that was a stretch. Bigger crowed at the spring game. Really liked how VK has basically dumped the cover 2 scheme and has gone to man to man and match up zone. 3 and 4 man fronts and really didn’t blitz or need to for pressure. Good stuff! Offense, I just find humorous now that when they come out of a huddle and show a speed bunch set they have done nothing but hand the ball off in that setup. The good, a lot more motion now in the offense and challenging inside of the hash marks. Now they need to add a vertical element and push the ball down field to make the running game a little more formidable... best I’ve seen them look all year and taking a step forward in all phases

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still a little hungover...

Disappointing game to say the least. You can’t win too often with 13 points. I loved how the defense played. For the most part, they truly limited the running game. They switched up the secondary coverage enough to confuse the QB.

But, the offense needs a new OL coach... and maybe a new OC.