• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obligatory...

lS3qw1s.jpg

We did business with a family owned business based in winnipeg. 3 generations of the family as well as aunts uncles cousins were involved in this company. They were pillars in the community. Big advertisers for the bluebombers.

They sold to a multinational. I kid you not the entire family moved out of winnipeg lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there will be a rumble the next time the Sharks take on the Jets.

west-side-story-jets-vs-sharks1.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto lost last night despite being up by 2 with less than 5 minutes to go. They're a good team but until they get a stud #1 defenseman good is all they'll be.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto lost last night despite being up by 2 with less than 5 minutes to go. They're a good team but until they get a stud #1 defenseman good is all they'll be.
They're fine as is - they just need to remember to grease the skids and pay those refs better for better results, that's all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there will be a rumble the next time the Sharks take on the Jets.

west-side-story-jets-vs-sharks1.jpg

Yesterday, the generic blonde eye candy (whatever her name is) on NHL network was snapping her fingers while talking about the Sharks/Jets game.

I almost threw a shoe at the TV.

I am given to understand that the Leafs lost because Foligno is an interfering interferer who plays for a cheating team coached by a cheater cheaty cheat who smells funny and also because the Jackets had as many as 47 players on the ice in Overtime, just like a team from a nothing town would do when they are in the center of the hockey universe.

I didn't see it, I was at practice. But, apparently, I should be ashamed. And Foligno should be suspended.

And I would never dare suggest that the guy Foligno brushed against on a line change dove like he was a mid-2000's Avalanche player. No siree. I would never. I thought the throwing of the glove like it was a grenade was a nice touch.

:thumb:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the first 3rd period lead they've "blown" all season?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am given to understand that the Leafs lost because Foligno is an interfering interferer who plays for a cheating team coached by a cheater cheaty cheat who smells funny and also because the Jackets had as many as 47 players on the ice in Overtime, just like a team from a nothing town would do when they are in the center of the hockey universe.

I don't get out much. Is this really the spin in some quarters? :noidea:

/Torts does smell funny :nod:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get out much. Is this really the spin in some quarters? :noidea:

/Torts does smell funny :nod:

Yeah, I've seen some serious whinging in other forums.

/looks funny too, the little elf.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BlueandWhiteForever/BlueWolfZero/DerringerEagle likes this.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I would never dare suggest that the guy Foligno brushed against on a line change dove like he was a mid-2000's Avalanche player. No siree. I would never. I thought the throwing of the glove like it was a grenade was a nice touch.

:thumb:

This is the play right?

He brushed him and the opposing player dove :thumb: just like here, last leafs game right? :whistle:

edler-hit-from-behind.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've seen some serious whinging in other forums.

/looks funny too, the little elf.

You gotta understand forty_three, it's not like Columbus. When 13 people are anonymously bitching online they don't represent more than 80% of the overall fan base :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Rielly embellished, it's still interference. In OT. That directly led to the GWG. That's complaint-worthy.

I'm still more upset about Sportsnet jinxing Andersen's SO.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is the one. You can see that Foligno hit him with so much force that Nick almost noticed it.

Ah I see now, you're allowed to have too many men on the ice as long as the extra guy doesn't use too much "force" when interfering with players who are following the rules :wink:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/seriously though, I was amazed TOR wasnt called for either interference or at least offsides on that one.

Simpson on the broadcast said Edler fell and left it at that ... Ray Ferraro was in the cesspool yesterday and in his best smarmy vocie said "jeez ... how do you think he fell?" lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Coilers fan but I just don't know how Subban didn't even get whistled for a hook on McJesus's breakaway. He hooked him and let go of the stick. That should have been a penalty shot.

The officials in the NHL are mediocre on a good and and most often rubbish when it's not a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.