• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing 2020 Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up next as the calendar flips to a new page.....

Mets manager Luis Rojas said he doesn't know who will start the opener of a two-game series in Baltimore on Tuesday night -- or even Thursday's makeup game against the Yankees at Citi Field. The Orioles will go with RHP Asher Wojciechowski (1-3, 5.14 ERA) in Tuesday's opener.

:L

Can't make this stuff up, folks.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is in a bad way right now...and I don't mean in the usual baseball sense of it being just a typical "slump".

I mean they've become unreliable all around...but I'll still watch/follow because I love this team and MLB.

Unfortunately...
The starting pitching has been shaky.
This offense is inconsistent way too often.
Bullpen is still a mess...with no end in sight.

Add those 3 glaring deficiencies to a rookie manager who seems to be in over his head and that's basically a recipe for disaster.

I don't know what their game plan or preparation regimen is from one game to the next.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but they just seem to be going thru the motions...as if they just want it over with.

This Covid/coronavirus delayed season has been a clusterfuck from the get go...and the sooner it's done the better...it's gotten too surreal to seriously enjoy, and that's a shame.

I'm not writing them off just yet.
Anything can still happen, as strange or unpredictable things always have happened.

That said....
I already can't wait for next season.
Hopefully there will be one...a normal one.
Without the uncertainty or *asterisks of a 60 game schedule.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is in a bad way right now...and I don't mean in the usual baseball sense of it being just a typical "slump".

I mean they've become unreliable all around...but I'll still watch/follow because I love this team and MLB.

Unfortunately...
The starting pitching has been shaky.
This offense is inconsistent way too often.
Bullpen is still a mess...with no end in sight.

Add those 3 glaring deficiencies to a rookie manager who seems to be in over his head and that's basically a recipe for disaster.

I don't know what their game plan or preparation regimen is from one game to the next.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but they just seem to be going thru the motions...as if they just want it over with.

This Covid/coronavirus delayed season has been a clusterfuck from the get go...and the sooner it's done the better...it's gotten too surreal to seriously enjoy, and that's a shame.

I'm not writing them off just yet.
Anything can still happen, as strange or unpredictable things always have happened.

That said....
I already can't wait for next season.
Hopefully there will be one...a normal one.
Without the uncertainty or *asterisks of a 60 game schedule.

100% right. Nobody looks like they're enjoying themselves, nobody wants to be there. Very uninspired bunch.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Tom "Terrific" Seaver.

One of the all time greats.

Seaver, greatest Met of all time, dies at 75

Seaver, Hall of Famer and Mets legend, dies at 75

s-l300.jpg

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets end their losing streak, beating the O's 9-4.

The Wrap:
Conforto matches a high vs. O's ... and a lefty

Peterson offers great peek in 1st 'pen action

Mets vs. Orioles - Game Recap - September 2, 2020 - ESPN

The Box:

Mets vs. Orioles | 09/02/20

The Pics:
Mets vs. Orioles | 09/02/20

Trainer's Room:

Mets 3B J.D. Davis started at DH, in part because he's still nursing a sore hip but mostly because manager Luis Rojas wanted to get a look at Frazier in the field. ... Rojas said he has "no idea" how long LHP Steven Matz (shoulder) and RH reliever Dellin Betances (lat tightness) will be out. Both went on the injured list Aug. 30.

Moves:
The Mets activated three players obtained before Monday's trade deadline: INF Todd Frazier, Catcher Robinson Chirinos (from Texas) and RHP Miguel Castro.
To make room on the roster, New York optioned catcher Ali Sanchez and right-handers Ariel Jurado and Franklyn Kilome to its alternate site.

Up Next:
Typical of this strange season, the Mets host the Yankees on Thursday in a one-game makeup from Aug. 23rd.
RHP Robert Gsellman was penciled in to start for the Mets against LHP JA Happ for the Yankees.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3