• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"One TRUE Champion"

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K State beats Baylor

Iowa State beats TCU

K State is Big 12 Champion by virtue of only one conference loss.

That's why they play the game.

Yup, it aint over till it's over. Lot of big games to go this week.

We could get total chaos and anarchy. We may get to see it burn yet.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I miss the extra excitement and extra football a CCG brings, but I also like having everyone play each other in a conference.

What I think is uber stupid is having a round robin conference play a CCG. It's bad enough when CCGs are rematches, but this way we can guarantee a friggin rematch every time along with all of the cons of the CCG.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I miss the extra excitement and extra football a CCG brings, but I also like having everyone play each other in a conference.

What I think is uber stupid is having a round robin conference play a CCG. It's bad enough when CCGs are rematches, but this way we can guarantee a friggin rematch every time along with all of the cons of the CCG.

I agree. That's one of the dumber suggestions being floated out there. Just to keep the other conferences 'Happy', and to make more money.

Dumb, dumb dumb

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather go back to 12 teams and have a CCG myself.

and as soon as the Big12 does that, all the anti-CCG 12-ish fans will agree with you.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as soon as the Big12 does that, all the anti-CCG 12-ish fans will agree with you.

no. dolt. we aren't aggies who hopped on the Team SEC bandwagon within the first microsecond or fell in love with an arrogant pos like Johnny Clipboard while always saying you were fanbase of class, tradition, conservatism, etc.

you're projecting your weak aggie logic on others.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. dolt. we aren't aggies who hopped on the Team SEC bandwagon within the first microsecond or fell in love with an arrogant pos like Johnny Clipboard while always saying you were fanbase of class, tradition, conservatism, etc.

you're projecting your weak aggie logic on others.

bullshit. When the 12 had a CCG all 12ers were giving the B1G shit. now the roles are reversed and you want everyone to think YOUR way is the right way.

Give me a break, dumbass

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit. When the 12 had a CCG all 12ers were giving the B1G shit. now the roles are reversed and you want everyone to think YOUR way is the right way.

Give me a break, dumbass

lmao. when have you ever known me to change my position on something like that... Round Robin is THE BEST way to settle things DEMONSTRABLY... going to a CCG is a band-aid position for big conferences with scheduling limitations.

Round Robin is always best to decide true champ

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. when have you ever known me to change my position on something like that... Round Robin is THE BEST way to settle things DEMONSTRABLY... going to a CCG is a band-aid position for big conferences with scheduling limitations.

Round Robin is always best to decide true champ

You say that because a team could "slip up" in the CCG and you wouldn't get the best team. I guess you don't consider that in H2H a team could also "slip up" and you don't get the best team.

If you need an example, look back to TCU and Baylor in 2014 :whistle:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that because a team could "slip up" in the CCG and you wouldn't get the best team. I guess you don't consider that in H2H a team could also "slip up" and you don't get the best team.

:yahoo:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND ROBIN is the best system. But, it is a not a perfect system.
He is merely stating that it is the best system to use. He never said it was perfect.

At no point in time, did anyone say that the RR is flawless.
RR will produce less schedule imbalance issues and off-game biases.

Sometimes even RR can't figure it out.
But, at a much less often rate of failure.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not quit the same. CCG can match 3-4 loss teams vs an undefeated team. That is a bit different than saying a game pitting 2 1 loss teams had a bad outcome. Both UT schools lost title chances, because of CCG. I like the round robin system, but would like to marry the 2 systems. If conferences get to 18-20, we will see the 2 merge