• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"One TRUE Champion"

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any B12 fans saying they believe there should be a split championship.

In fact, I didn't even see the Conference Commissioner saying that. All he said was, the league wouldn't tell the Playoff Committee (aka, Larry Culpepper) which team they HAVE to take.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of the Big 12 are so contradictory in their stances it is comical. All I hear is how no conference championship game is 'proper' and conference titles are stupid. Yet NOW split champions is correct for THIS circumstance. It's funny. The Big 12 is the only conference where head to head means nothing.

I have never heard that, who said that?

"conference titles are stupid."- Now you are just making things up.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You personally have made comments about why conference championships aren't a better way to decide who is the champion. Yet one has a definitive winner, while the other multiple teams can take home a trophy.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You personally have made comments about why conference championships aren't a better way to decide who is the champion. Yet one has a definitive winner, while the other multiple teams can take home a trophy.

I simply said that there are holes in unbalanced schedules. I do not think that needs to be explained or that anyone would argue with that statement. That is far from titles do not matter. Everyone knows if Baylor wins they are the champion. It is simple. Big 12 is just abstaining from making a declaration, because it is in there best interest to STFU. Not sure why that is so hard to understand or bothersome to people.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is going to be exposed as the sham it is the first year, saying screw head to head.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is going to be exposed as the sham it is the first year, saying screw head to head.

You need to relax. Nothing has happened yet. Baylor still has to beat KSU with a woozy QB. Bama, FSU, and Oregon still need to win for there even to be a decision that leaves Baylor out.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to relax. Nothing has happened yet. Baylor still has to beat KSU with a woozy QB. Bama, FSU, and Oregon still need to win for there even to be a decision that leaves Baylor out.

I feel like there'll be a surprise outcome, maybe two, that will make the committee's job easier and they'll be all "We had this all along, you should have trusted the process..."

But I think most of us expected some kind of controversy in the first year. Basically, whatever controversies the BCS had, we should expect to double it every year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LSU got exposed as the sham when the BCS said screw the head to head and let Alabama keep them from crossing the 50 in the title game.

:lol:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're either dumb or being slimy. Which is it?

Stop saying "having a definitive champion" is some big deal. You're equivocating substance with technicality, and you should be smart enough to know it.
Guess what: 'drawing lots' also picks a "definitive champ" but we all know that is a dissatisfying way to choose a champion SUBSTANTIVELY even though it TECHNICALLY does.

in a round robin, every team plays every other team. When there are TWO teams that have the same results, we ALL know SUBSTANTIVRLY who the champ is, right? So stop dicking around like an with grade debate squad Pusey and pretending like you don't . It's the head to head winner.

Now is round robin absolutely perfect? No. There are tiny things like three wsy ties that crop up. Not every game is at a neutral field. Etc.

But those tiny things pale in comparison TO WHST WE ALL AGREE ON: every Tesm plays every other and when TWO teams have the same record, head to head is the 100% agreed to and obvious way to crown the champ. In CCG formats, everyone doesn't plsy everyone else, and a 5 loss team can be crowned champ over a one loss team. That is SUBSTANTIVELY less satisfying than EVERY TESM PLAYS EVERY OTHER. So stop pussyfooting around and pretending like you're trying to score debate club points with the middle school librarian.

Every team playing every other team and using head to head to choose winner is the SUBSTANTIVE 100% easily agreed to best way to choose a champion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Aggie argumentation skills.

When one team beats the other, that's the Champ.

pretty easy.

Fuck whoever says otherwise... ... commissioner two-step hedging... whatever.

It's fairly easy: head to head winner is champ..

Done.

Watch TCU get in over Baylor. Then the whole playoff system plus Big 12 no conference ship thing is all fucked up.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch TCU get in over Baylor. Then the whole playoff system plus Big 12 no conference ship thing is all fucked up.

Why? In any given year, an undefeated Bama can lose the CCG and get picked for the playoff after losing to a five loss SCAR team. No one but a very few crazies would have s problem with that.
Or a one loss bama could go into the ccg and lose to a five loss SCAR in the CCG paving the way for a one loss Lsu to get chosen to the playoff.

So CCG vs. no ccg has no bearing on your 'logic.'
If anything, CCGs increase the chance that that kind of thing happens.

Try to use brain. The situation is literally opposite of what you attempt to portray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? In any given year, an undefeated Bama can lose the CCG and get picked for the playoff after losing to a five loss SCAR team. No one but a very few crazies would have s problem with that.
Or a one loss bama could lose to a five loss SCAR in the CCG paving the way for a one loss Lsu to get chosen to the playoff.

So CCG has no bearing on your 'logic.'
If anything, CCGs increase the chance that that kind of thing happens.

Try to use brain. The situation is literally opposite of what you attempt to portray.

It makes things smoother having CCG's. You wouldn't even have to look at this head-to-head early in the season decide. You just don't get it, or you just really have to defend this conference. Your logic doesn't make much sense at all really.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes things smoother having CCG's. You wouldn't even have to look at this head-to-head early in the season decide. You just don't get it, or you just really have to defend this conference. Your logic doesn't make much sense at all really.

It's not smoother. I took ten seconds to bring up scenarios where the conf champ is MORE LIKELY to get left out of the playoff in a CCG format vs a round ribin.

The previous quote was trying to say that the round robin format was the culprit that could lead to this type of 'unsmoothness.'

The exact opposite is true: it is the CCG format that more likely can lead to conf chsmps being left out of the playoff for other teams in the same conf.

Absolutely true.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is no conference championship game "more smooth" if the conference with round robin is saying well we aren't going to call the team that is clearly the champion the champion?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don't care what any turd says, we all here understand SUBSTANTIvely who the champ is.
The commish can lobby whatever the fuck, we know who the conf champ is.

You're trying to be a little debate club turd, but that's ok. Even you know who the champ is: the team that win head to head.

But even that is a separate question from that Ohio guy brings up: he tried to state that the round robin format is causing this problem.
That is patently false.

Never in the history of ever has a round robin winner been left out from the post season for s round robin loser. Some of you want to say "well it might happen this year." Well guess whst: it has not happened.

On the other hand, we all here KNOW the many times a CCG format champ has been left out of the post season for another team in the conference. Right?

So stop arguing like eight graders. It's a demonstrable FACT that the CCG format much more likely leads to chsmps being overlooked for the post season for other teams in the conf.

Absolute fact.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever everybody feels about it, it's just the way it is.

I'd rather play everybody in the conference. But the Big12 will probably be forced to sign up a couple schools and dilute the conference, just to keep all the whiners happy. Then I'll go back to liking the CCG. Whatever.

We can go back to the 'Good ole days'. When you can whack a team, then end up having to play them in the CCG and end up losing, and losing a shot at the big game.

Or, when you whack a team, then have to play them again in the CCG, and you beat them 70-3.

Whopeefreakindoo

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all you complainers that 'everyone should play a CCG' dont end up losing the game this week, and thus lose a shot at the playoffs.

Of course, if that happens, it just goes to show that not playing a round-robin does not produce the true champion of the conference.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K State beats Baylor

Iowa State beats TCU

K State is Big 12 Champion by virtue of only one conference loss.

That's why they play the game.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K State beats Baylor

Iowa State beats TCU

K State is Big 12 Champion by virtue of only one conference loss.

That's why they play the game.

Yes. That is correct and substantively satisfying.

As opposed to let's say: an undefeated Lsu tripping up and losing to a 5 loss SCAR in a CCG.
I'm failing to see your argument.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather go back to 12 teams and have a CCG myself.