• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One thing we can all agree on

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get 4 deserving teams in first. I'm not convinced that has happened every year and let's be honest in half the years we could have gotten by with just 2 teams. However the margin for error with 2 teams is too slim but with 4 it is statistically remote the best team wouldn't be in the playoff.

I see zero gain in expansion and until someone that has a legit case against being left out expansion shouldn't even be considered.

It’s going to happen, though. When it does, the whole “best vs. most deserving” argument will go away.

Expansion will be good in that it will eliminate most concerns. It will be bad in that it will further marginalize bowls and make it tougher to navigate for the playoff teams.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like an 8 team playoff. Each of the 5 BCS conference champs get in if they qualify (no more then 2 losses). The rest are purely at large bids and come in via some sort of scoring system to prevent teams from loading up with 3 tomato cans at home for non conference play... with no more than 2 teams from any conference. Something like that.
I don't know. It just doesn't make the season as important. Teams with 2 losses, possibly 3 in bad years, would regularly get in. I don't like it because Michigan would have made the playoffs at least once in the last 3 years and I don't think we deserve it. The crushing blow of losing to OSU in 2016 was crushing because of what it meant. In an 8 team playoff, that team might be in.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank your all time great Youst for Notre Dame being independent. If Youst hadn't been to scared of getting his ass beat by Rockne, Notre Dame would be a proud Big 10 member.
*Yost

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I just doesn't make the season as important. Teams with 2 losses, possibly 3 in bad years, would regularly get in. I don't like it because Michigan would have made the playoffs at least once in the last 3 years and I don't think we deserve it. The crushing blow of losing to OSU in 2016 was crushing because of what it meant. In an 8 team playoff, that team might be in.

I agree with the gist of this even though I am for going to 8.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this run has been the greatest of all runs that we have ever seen and will probably not see a run like this again, although Dabo might make his own run..........
Yea, I don't think Clemson is going anywhere, anytime soon.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to happen, though. When it does, the whole “best vs. most deserving” argument will go away.

Expansion will be good in that it will eliminate most concerns. It will be bad in that it will further marginalize bowls and make it tougher to navigate for the playoff teams.
I believe expansion for playoffs and will hurt one of the things that makes college football special. Every regular season game is important. Sure the rivalries will be there, but in the long run it might water down the season a bit. They have been slowley destroying cfb. Started back when ou vs nebraska was taken away from us.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just not sure where to begin
… I guess 1st off you have been taking that logic class over at a$m haven't you...

The Nation has just watched 3 play-off games … everyone was over with by half time... so your logic is let's have even more boring blow-out games --- you actually think the public will love that and watch it on tv, the ratings will sky rocket. (a$m logic at work)

…You keep bashing the Longhorn losing to Maryland … but from a Longhorn perspective (who has played both Maryland and Georgia) Georgia was a easier team to play. You want proof … scoreboard.

Bama was suppose to be the Snow White surrounded by dwarfs … but after scoring 16 points and showing no defense at all … it would suggest the sec, as a football conference, had a down year and just wasn't very good.

like I told DR weeks ago … that schedule doesn't look that tough to me.

CU#1Fan

BITE ME
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this run has been the greatest of all runs that we have ever seen and will probably not see a run like this again, although Dabo might make his own run..........

From your mouth to God’s ear!!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure where to begin
… I guess 1st off you have been taking that logic class over at a$m haven't you...

The Nation has just watched 3 play-off games … everyone was over with by half time... so your logic is let's have even more boring blow-out games --- you actually think the public will love that and watch it on tv, the ratings will sky rocket. (a$m logic at work)

…You keep bashing the Longhorn losing to Maryland … but from a Longhorn perspective (who has played both Maryland and Georgia) Georgia was a easier team to play. You want proof … scoreboard.

Bama was suppose to be the Snow White surrounded by dwarfs … but after scoring 16 points and showing no defense at all … it would suggest the sec, as a football conference, had a down year and just wasn't very good.

like I told DR weeks ago … that schedule doesn't look that tough to me.

I guess you get your satisfaction where you can. Damned surely can’t get it from your 4-loss whorns.

“Logic” lessons from you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t care about multiple conference teams in a bigger playoff. I will always be for a 6 or a 12 team playoff with byes for either the 2 top seeds or the top 4. I don’t think the commitee does a great job, so having 5-12 or 3-6 have a playoff To ensure the best teams are playing for a title would be great and fun to watch

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It just doesn't make the season as important. Teams with 2 losses, possibly 3 in bad years, would regularly get in. I don't like it because Michigan would have made the playoffs at least once in the last 3 years and I don't think we deserve it. The crushing blow of losing to OSU in 2016 was crushing because of what it meant. In an 8 team playoff, that team might be in.

All good points. I could live with a 6 team format as well. It just seems to me we need more than 4.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you get your satisfaction where you can. Damned surely can’t get it from your 4-loss whorns.

“Logic” lessons from you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
actually I am very happy with my Longhorns progress and feel great about us finally turning the corner … You can't change that

…. Perhaps if we played more sec teams we would be able to pad our win column like sec teams do...

but look at you --- bama beats the Longhorns once out of 9 tries and you get all froggy like …

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn’t really matter. The prestige of making the playoffs would diminish as the playoffs are expanded. I have seen 2 NC that I can remember would not have won a playoff, if they started in Dec (LSU and Bama last year). There are so many variables in CFB that can’t be accounted for, so I would so impressed if a 2 loss team rolled through the playoffs that I would not even care if they lost 2 games in the regular season

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t really matter. The prestige of making the playoffs would diminish as the playoffs are expanded. I have seen 2 NC that I can remember would not have won a playoff, if they started in Dec (LSU and Bama last year). There are so many variables in CFB that can’t be accounted for, so I would so impressed if a 2 loss team rolled through the playoffs that I would not even care if they lost 2 games in the regular season
But it increases the chances that the legitimate teams are taken out by one of those 2 loss teams, setting up an easier path for another team who might not have been up to the challenge.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I am very happy with my Longhorns progress and feel great about us finally turning the corner … You can't change that

…. Perhaps if we played more sec teams we would be able to pad our win column like sec teams do...

but look at you --- bama beats the Longhorns once out of 9 tries and you get all froggy like …

Yeah, how many threads do our fans start on Texas? NONE.

How many do YOUR trolls start on Bama? A helluva a lot. So you can deal with your fixation instead of pointing to one that isn’t there.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year!

3 overtimes and 9 points separated the teams. I think they got it right with 2 SEC teams