• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One More Loss Will Clinch 1st Overall

Aero407

Blame Jameis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2-13 Bucs will welcome the New Orleans Saints to a half-empty Raymond James Stadium on Sunday. And barring an unforeseen turn of events, the 14th loss of 2014 will lock Tampa in for that 1st overall pick come April's draft.

Then again, wouldn't it be just like Lovie's boys to reel off a 3rd win and then get bumped?

A worst case scenario would be losses by the 2-13 Titans, 3-12 Raiders, and 3-12 Jets. The last thing Tampa needs is to fall to 3rd or 4th overall in April. We need full control of that "Mariota or Jameis" decision.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious, are you sold either qb is a franchise qb

Aero407

Blame Jameis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious, are you sold either qb is a franchise qb

I, along with countless other Buc fans, want Jameis. Mariota has plenty of fine qualities, but I think Jameis has a competitive edge that puts him over. You would expect Jameis to be a guy teammates wouldn't rally around for a lot of reasons, but FSU has proved almost every week that is not the case.

Can't remember the last time I saw a guy so confident and poised while playing from behind. No matter how many early-game mistakes he makes, Jameis goes about the 2nd half as if he knows he will win. That's a confidence under center the Noles haven't enjoyed since old man Weinke.

We can knock Jameis for the dumb shit he's done off the field, but its not like the NFL is a group of upstanding citizens as it is.