• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One big thing I love about Richardson

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With him and Harvin on the field, THIS is NOT happening next year:

seahawksbox.jpg

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR group will be one of the more interesting position battles this summer. Depending on whether they want to keep 5 or 6 guys there may be no spot for Rice barring an injury especially since he doesn't play special teams.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having them on the field will be a big boost, but I would be surprised if teams still didn't load the box against the Seahawks since we are still going to be a run first offense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having them on the field will be a big boost, but I would be surprised if teams still didn't load the box against the Seahawks since we are still going to be a run first offense.

I think the Seahawks could fix that by going long early in the game , when teams load the box. With the speed the Seahawks have with Richardson and Harvin, going downfield when they load the box should put some fear in the other teams DC.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks could fix that by going long early in the game , when teams load the box. With the speed the Seahawks have with Richardson and Harvin, going downfield when they load the box should put some fear in the other teams DC.

It could be effective in keeping the safeties honest, but if I'm an opposing defensive coordinator I'm going to continue loading the box against the Seahawks. When you think about it the Seahawks usually run 2 WR sets, and unless you've got Calvin Johnson out there, there really is not much point in putting another DB on the field against an offense that runs the ball the 2nd most in the NFL.

Taking shots deep could help prevent opposing defenses from bringing their safeties up closer to the line of scrimmage, but I don't see that it would cause a defensive coordinator to stop loading the box against the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be effective in keeping the safeties honest, but if I'm an opposing defensive coordinator I'm going to continue loading the box against the Seahawks. When you think about it the Seahawks usually run 2 WR sets, and unless you've got Calvin Johnson out there, there really is not much point in putting another DB on the field against an offense that runs the ball the 2nd most in the NFL.

Taking shots deep could help prevent opposing defenses from bringing their safeties up closer to the line of scrimmage, but I don't see that it would cause a defensive coordinator to stop loading the box against the Seahawks.

Keeping the safeties honest is a nice first step. I guess the logical solution is to allow RW to audible into a pass play when the box is loaded. Trading for Harvin and drafting Richardson makes me feel that PC could be considering this.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't go long to stop them loading the box, they will go wide. I see the sweeps, quick hits, and screens being a bigger part of the offense if Harvin and now Richardson are available.

Just like we saw in the few appearances by Harvin last year, once they get burned on the edge they end up catching the LB's leaning a bit more outside and it leaves more room for Lynch. It's going to be about when to do which and how they bait the defense into leaning.

Really I'm not worried about any of the game planning next year unless their Online is as bad as this year. Wilson will be another year more mature in this offense and I'm sure it will mean they will let him do even a bit more than they did this last season.

They will use the whole field like most teams try to. Catch defenses only keying on one part and you attack the less covered parts. As long as Wilson has the time to execute those attacks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't go long to stop them loading the box, they will go wide. I see the sweeps, quick hits, and screens being a bigger part of the offense if Harvin and now Richardson are available.

Just like we saw in the few appearances by Harvin last year, once they get burned on the edge they end up catching the LB's leaning a bit more outside and it leaves more room for Lynch. It's going to be about when to do which and how they bait the defense into leaning.

Really I'm not worried about any of the game planning next year unless their Online is as bad as this year. Wilson will be another year more mature in this offense and I'm sure it will mean they will let him do even a bit more than they did this last season.

They will use the whole field like most teams try to. Catch defenses only keying on one part and you attack the less covered parts. As long as Wilson has the time to execute those attacks.

Great post Wizard and I agree with what you said. This group of receivers ( barring injuries) may be the best ever in Seahawks history. We now have two receivers who can get separation and RW is now in his third season. The days of run, run, pass are behind us. If the OL improves the offense could open some eyes around the league.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Wizard and I agree with what you said. This group of receivers ( barring injuries) may be the best ever in Seahawks history. We now have two receivers who can get separation and RW is now in his third season. The days of run, run, pass are behind us. If the OL improves the offense could open some eyes around the league.
That is somewhat of a big "if". but you're absolutely right. We should blow the top off of our offense finally like we did during our late run 2 years ago.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They certainly have the potential to be the best but I still give the edge to the core of Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson (the year he was lethal), and Bobby Engram.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice could make it interesting in the second half of the season, but I can't see him ready to start game 1 this year. His rehab is still going to take many more months. What's nice is now we got a legit WO to lineup opposite Kearse with Hardwood. Richardson will mainly line up slot.

Really liking the look of the WR corps going into 2014.

Rice will prob end up starting season on the same type of IR that Harvin did in 2013.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the big question isn't it. Really hope they knew what they were doing with those O-Line draft picks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are still gonna run more than they pass. That's their identity on offense and as long as they have Lynch, it's going to continue to be their identity on offense. I don't think that having a healthy Harvin all year or drafting a couple of receivers is going to change that. Maybe it won't be as one-sided as it was the last couple of years, but this is still a run-first team philosophically until Carroll says otherwise. Obviously they should be more dynamic when they do pass and be able to do more things within the passing game with this group, which is a great thing when you can run the ball like they can.

I will say that when we do pass, opposing defenses are going to have to pick their poison with these receivers. The obvious play would be to double Harvin and if the other guys beat ya, hats off to them. I'm not so sure that we'll see that as much as people think we will because of what Baldwin and Kearse showed to the world on Super Bowl Sunday and because Rice is still a dangerous receiver when he's healthy. Then when you factor in our rookie receivers and our tight ends, opposing defenses might have a very hard time trying to cover everybody if they're going to insist on doubling Harvin too. Assuming the pocket holds up long enough for Wilson to get the ball out, there's the potential to pick up chunks of yards with this group.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Richardson will be a great addition, but I think our sleeper is Norwood. That kid can ball, he has good hands, and the dude is a big target.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Hawks are run first, but Harvin will snipe some of those carries which will stretch the field horizontally. This is something Lynch cannot do. Turbin can do it as long as we don't hold on every play he gets around the corner. :bangs head:

I love PC's philosophy of hitting them hard, getting the ball in playmaker's hands and taking shots deep for big plays. Having two of the fastest players in the league on the field is very exciting. Hopefully we can keep one or both of them healthy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't expect Richardson to start this year, nor get significant game time at WR. If he plays every game it will be at punt returner.

He has speed and hands, but did you guys ever see him vs good corners? That kid from UCLA lit him up off the line badly. He needs to get bigger in his upper body and work much harder at dealing with press off the line or he won't be worth anything.

I think he is a WR project and a potential punt returner year 1. But then what do I know? :noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't expect Richardson to start this year, nor get significant game time at WR. If he plays every game it will be at punt returner.

He has speed and hands, but did you guys ever see him vs good corners? That kid from UCLA lit him up off the line badly. He needs to get bigger in his upper body and work much harder at dealing with press off the line or he won't be worth anything.

I think he is a WR project and a potential punt returner year 1. But then what do I know? :noidea:

He isn't going to be a starter when the season starts, but he's going to see some action. As for being a punt returner, I don't see it. Didn't' do that in college and the biggest con on the guy is that he may not hold up health wise because he's so lean.
I was listening to the Seahawks scout give his opinion on Richardson and he said he was NFL ready right now. I guess we'll find out soon enough.