• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On This Board ....

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you feel is the most optimistic of us?
My vote has to go with MSG. He always seems to see the bteer larts of what the team is doing. At times he reminds me of BoB. Not sure of how many of you remember him but he was relentless in defense of the team. If we were no hit and lost 10-0 he would still tell you that the we were hitting everything hard but right at the fielders. He would also tell you that the ither team caughr all the breaks AND that would be followed vy a poem. Not as bad as BoB ... but very begind the team.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote has to go with MSG. He always seems to see the bteer larts of what the team is doing. At times he reminds me of BoB. Not sure of how many of you remember him but he was relentless in defense of the team. If we were no hit and lost 10-0 he would still tell you that the we were hitting everything hard but right at the fielders. He would also tell you that the ither team caughr all the breaks AND that would be followed vy a poem. Not as bad as BoB ... but very begind the team.
My vote is game day tzill! Just kidding.

Yeah, it would probably be @msgkings322 . Of course, there are not many of us on this forum these days. Maybe silent @Sandisfan ? He's always giving us the non verbal affirmations.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote is game day tzill! Just kidding.

Yeah, it would probably be @msgkings322 . Of course, there are not many of us on this forum these days. Maybe silent @Sandisfan ? He's always giving us the non verbal affirmations.
This is how I see Sandisfan as he reads through the threads.
Proud Of You Yes GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's wildly misreading me here dude. I'm nothing like that lunatic. I'm just past the caring deeply about every game stage. It's a long ass season and I knew we weren't gonna win 107 again, or even 100. We're gonna win 90-93 or so and be a wildcard. That means we're gonna lose 70 games or so. Some will be blow outs, some will be close games, some will be blown bullpen games.

And then in the playoffs we will not be a leading contender. That's just a fact.

I might be the most 'optimistic' but I'm really just realistic when the board is feeling sad. Don't conflate me with idiots like BoB. If that means I'm 'very behind the team' I guess that makes you guys not behind them?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's wildly misreading me here dude. I'm nothing like that lunatic. I'm just past the caring deeply about every game stage. It's a long ass season and I knew we weren't gonna win 107 again, or even 100. We're gonna win 90-93 or so and be a wildcard. That means we're gonna lose 70 games or so. Some will be blow outs, some will be close games, some will be blown bullpen games.

And then in the playoffs we will not be a leading contender. That's just a fact.

I might be the most 'optimistic' but I'm really just realistic when the board is feeling sad. Don't conflate me with idiots like BoB. If that means I'm 'very behind the team' I guess that makes you guys not behind them?
Not like BoB in the sense of dilusional. But in my ppinion you are the most optimistic on this board. When things are not going well foe the team you usually tends to see the good things. I personally feel that BoB was one of the most dedicated Giant fans I ever came across but unlike you he never supported his positions with any factual data. You do.
Yeah .. i probably shouldnt have used the comparasion ... but in my book ... you still are the most optimistic member of this forum... and thats a good thing ...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like BoB in the sense of dilusional. But in my ppinion you are the most optimistic on this board. When things are not going well foe the team you usually tends to see the good things. I personally feel that BoB was one of the most dedicated Giant fans I ever came across but unlike you he never supported his positions with any factual data. You do.
Yeah .. i probably shouldnt have used the comparasion ... but in my book ... you still are the most optimistic member of this forum... and thats a good thing ...
I might be but I don't see why I shoiuld be. I'm just realistic. I see a 90-93 win team, don't you guys?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be but I don't see why I shoiuld be. I'm just realistic. I see a 90-93 win team, don't you guys?
Possible ... have to go 50 - 42 the rest of the way out. Just need to tweak some of the pitching ...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible ... have to go 50 - 42 the rest of the way out. Just need to tweak some of the pitching ...
50-42 is barely over .500, I'm pretty confident we can do that.

Actually though don't we have to go 52-40? Still confident.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all are when they’re winning. Not so much when they are losing.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you at on win total? Today we're still on pace for 88 wins and that's after a rough patch.
I need to see more to think that April wasn't an aberration. Right now, I see an 80 to 85 win team. They may still eek into that 3rd Wild Card spot but I wouldn't be surprised if they just miss it.

However, trades may change my opinion on the matter. Of course, that makes me nervous about who gets shipped out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see more to think that April wasn't an aberration. Right now, I see an 80 to 85 win team. They may still eek into that 3rd Wild Card spot but I wouldn't be surprised if they just miss it.

However, trades may change my opinion on the matter. Of course, that makes me nervous about who gets shipped out.
So you think they go say 44-48 the rest of the way?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you at on win total? Today we're still on pace for 88 wins and that's after a rough patch.
We are on that pace due to an insane April. May and June have been horrible. And the holes seem like real holes, not just minor potholes that caused the team to stumble (no real hitters in the lineup, terrible defense, inconsistent bully, only 2 SPs worth a damn…)

I think the team will be struggling to win 85.