• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On the Bubble

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew this was coming but.....
With this years rookies and last years rookies, we are going to be in for some tough cuts.
We will not have 4 QB's,
We have a lot of talented running backs,
We have a lot of talent at Defensive back,
We have 12 WR's - I could scratch 2-3 today and not worry but.
We have 7 TE's, they are all on the bubble.

Could Patriots CB Duke Dawson be the odd man out in the crowded secondary?

Could we stash Dawson on PS and pay im starter money to eventually replace McCourtey?

Patriots news: Rex Burkhead could be a potential surprising roster cut

Is keeping Burkhead a luxury we can't afford? We have a good RB likely headed to PS also (Nick Brossette)

Do we keep Etling as 3rd string or do we cut Hoyer loose and tell him to stay ready?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts always bleed. Some worse than others. Every year there are 90 guys who start trainng camp. Every year 27 of them become casualties of the numbers, both the roster numbers and the cap numbers. Without question,at least 3 TEs, 6 WRs, 4 DBs, 6 OLs, 4 DLs will be gone for sure and that leaves the last 4 as the most brutal. Those 4 will most likely be on the IR.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts always bleed. Some worse than others. Every year there are 90 guys who start trainng camp. Every year 27 of them become casualties of the numbers, both the roster numbers and the cap numbers. Without question,at least 3 TEs, 6 WRs, 4 DBs, 6 OLs, 4 DLs will be gone for sure and that leaves the last 4 as the most brutal. Those 4 will most likely be on the IR.
This is true but a certain number aren't completely NFL caliber and another certain number aren't Patriot caliber. How many beyond the 63 are both NFL and Patriot caliber? Then there are some that can definitely provide a significant contribution that will be cut for someone with expected but unproven upside, and some we have high hopes for that will get cut in favor of someone who is a known commodity for contributing something. It's those cuts that are unavoidable and perhaps seem (seem) arbitrary that sting the most. The second cut from the knife is when these guys get picked up by other teams and we're forced to watch the potential blossom somewhere else....

But the ice on these bruises is this: in the past, how many of the guys we've been forced to watch blossom elsewhere have actually blossomed? Can anyone name any?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but a certain number aren't completely NFL caliber and another certain number aren't Patriot caliber. How many beyond the 63 are both NFL and Patriot caliber? Then there are some that can definitely provide a significant contribution that will be cut for someone with expected but unproven upside, and some we have high hopes for that will get cut in favor of someone who is a known commodity for contributing something. It's those cuts that are unavoidable and perhaps seem (seem) arbitrary that sting the most. The second cut from the knife is when these guys get picked up by other teams and we're forced to watch the potential blossom somewhere else....

But the ice on these bruises is this: in the past, how many of the guys we've been forced to watch blossom elsewhere have actually blossomed? Can anyone name any?

I'm wracking my brain but I can't think of a single one. I'm sure there's somebody but the fact that I'm trying so hard means your assessment is correct.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wracking my brain but I can't think of a single one. I'm sure there's somebody but the fact that I'm trying so hard means your assessment is correct.....
Remember when we rued the transaction that waived Zach Sudfeld in hopes of stashing him on the practice squad.... Then the Jets "stole" him. The pain was so highly anticipated and he never became anything. Not even a situational player.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has theiropinions and WEEI is looking to get clicks and listeners.

This guy has way too many locks as bubbles. Elandon Roberts is the best run stopper on the team and his poasscoverage was excellent last year. He's made huge strides as a versitile LB. Burkhead is a lock. He was the key player in the TD drive in SB LIII and the Pats would noit have beaten the Chiefs without him. He's a money player and they are rare. RYan Davis is possibly on the bubble but he been a kick and punt returner for three years. He'll be on the roster.

I gotta run......discuss later...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has theiropinions and WEEI is looking to get clicks and listeners.

This guy has way too many locks as bubbles. Elandon Roberts is the best run stopper on the team and his poasscoverage was excellent last year. He's made huge strides as a versitile LB. Burkhead is a lock. He was the key player in the TD drive in SB LIII and the Pats would noit have beaten the Chiefs without him. He's a money player and they are rare. RYan Davis is possibly on the bubble but he been a kick and punt returner for three years. He'll be on the roster.

I gotta run......discuss later...
I agree but with the analysis gives you the ability to decide for yourself. The conclusions may be flawed but I think it's an informative piece. Some may feel it's a rehash but recaps aren't a bad thing.... unless they're only click bate.