• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On paper the Broncos have the best defensive backfield

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you compare just the apparent starters at CB around the league as a team - then the Broncos are probably in the top 5 or 6 in CB strength with Darby, Fuller and Callahan.

If you add in the starting Safeties for each team and compare team strength in defensive back starters - the Broncos would jump to the top 3.

Now, if you take those teams and add in the quality of depth behind the starting Safeties and the Starting CBs - the Broncos by that measurement are the best looking group in the league.

Then just for grins and giggles - for the 1st time in years - the Broncos will have some ILBers in Strnd and Browning who are fast and big enough to put up a fight with the TEs around the league - at least in the short zone.

Now look at the last line of pass defense and the 1st line of pass defense - the pass rush. The Broncos have Chubb and Miller on the edge as starters. I would say that is top 5 in team pass rushing. Then in the interior - Harris will be there having averaged 8 or 9 passes defensed in the last two years.

I conclude the Broncos defense against the pass is stacked. A lot of speed and depth has been added. I would also say the pass defenders all have some history of collecting or creating turnovers.

This team was built to compete with the Chargers and the Chiefs in particular.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ming, I would’ve given you every positive rating on that if I could, spot on ole wise one

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will also be Fangio's 3rd year with the Bronco defense - and if you look at the past episodes of Fangio's coaching career - it is the 3rd year when Fangio's defense starts to leap up to the top level in results.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To throw another topping on this cake - I think Dre'Mont Jones will make the jump to all star status. He is going to get more starts - more snaps and he will be featured in different defensive wrinkles - setting Jones up to make more plays.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep going we’re almost there

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Surtain is like a swiss army knife - as he is big enough to play safety - fast enough to be a CB and smooth enough to create turnovers.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old Mingo has returned.

anyone else thinking this is click bait?!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old Mingo has returned.

anyone else thinking this is click bait?!
Lol, he's old, but he never left. And other than being modest with his rankings, he's correct.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you compare just the apparent starters at CB around the league as a team - then the Broncos are probably in the top 5 or 6 in CB strength with Darby, Fuller and Callahan.

If you add in the starting Safeties for each team and compare team strength in defensive back starters - the Broncos would jump to the top 3.

Now, if you take those teams and add in the quality of depth behind the starting Safeties and the Starting CBs - the Broncos by that measurement are the best looking group in the league.

Then just for grins and giggles - for the 1st time in years - the Broncos will have some ILBers in Strnd and Browning who are fast and big enough to put up a fight with the TEs around the league - at least in the short zone.

Now look at the last line of pass defense and the 1st line of pass defense - the pass rush. The Broncos have Chubb and Miller on the edge as starters. I would say that is top 5 in team pass rushing. Then in the interior - Harris will be there having averaged 8 or 9 passes defensed in the last two years.

I conclude the Broncos defense against the pass is stacked. A lot of speed and depth has been added. I would also say the pass defenders all have some history of collecting or creating turnovers.

This team was built to compete with the Chargers and the Chiefs in particular.
Homer...

I can't argue, though.