• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMG Dalton, keep that in perspective regarding RW's bad games

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lots of handwringing the last two weeks about RW having off games (mostly cause he's running for his life behind a oline filled with UDFAs) But if you want to see bad, pop in the tape of Andy Dalton last night.

That was by far the worst quarterback performance ive ever seen...not just nfl, but college, local high school. Turrible

So remember RW's bad games, were 2-0 in.......Andy just lost at home on national tv to the browns by 3 tds.

Say 5 hail russels and thank the lord we didn't take dalton way back when the draft talking head morons called for ut to.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh also RW lead the game winnning drive vs carolina too.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday (I think) KIRO 710 was playing some of Russell's audio from the game. The man was beating himself up over his play. He knows he's not played his best.... heck, last week was down right horrible. However, he'll right the ship. I have complete faith in our QB.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lots of handwringing the last two weeks about RW having off games (mostly cause he's running for his life behind a oline filled with UDFAs) But if you want to see bad, pop in the tape of Andy Dalton last night.

That was by far the worst quarterback performance ive ever seen...not just nfl, but college, local high school. Turrible

So remember RW's bad games, were 2-0 in.......Andy just lost at home on national tv to the browns by 3 tds.

Say 5 hail russels and thank the lord we didn't take dalton way back when the draft talking head morons called for ut to.

RW didn't play bad against Dallas? 50% completion, 0TD, 1INT, barely 100 yards.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday (I think) KIRO 710 was playing some of Russell's audio from the game. The man was beating himself up over his play. He knows he's not played his best.... heck, last week was down right horrible. However, he'll right the ship. I have complete faith in our QB.

Russ is a smart kid ... And he knows dam well you can't fix what you don't acknowledge... He had a bad game he knows it.. But it also wasn't all his fault, but like a true leader he throws no one under the Bus... All qb's have bad games it's gonna happen, but as you see Russ bounces back because he works on why and focuses on how to make it better... There is no one else in the NFL I would want leading my team...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a smart kid ... And he knows dam well you can't fix what you don't acknowledge... He had a bad game he knows it.. But it also wasn't all his fault, but like a true leader he throws no one under the Bus... All qb's have bad games it's gonna happen, but as you see Russ bounces back because he works on why and focuses on how to make it better... There is no one else in the NFL I would want leading my team...

At one point vs the raiders, Russ' line had Bailey starting at LT, Gilliam at LG, and Lewis at Center..... All of which are UDFAs..... No qb is gonna light it up behind that disaster. Oh ps, his RT is a rookie. and the "steady presence" on the line was Sweezy,, who played Dtackle in college.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya tell me about it, I had him on my FF team.:doh: :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smirk now, Fordman Cowboys did contain Russell and they played a good game against the Seahawks.
But reality and reversion to the mean is in order for the Cowboys.

Then JJ will trade 2 first rounders for Johnny Manziel.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say it was among his worse top 5, it happens, no Seahawk fan is doubting RW however, he's one of the main reason the Seahawks are a contender.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis goes to the upper echelon of the Coaches Dead pool, behind Rex Ryan and Trestman.

Hard to say if marvin lewis is on the hot seat. He's had many floundering teams and survived the axe cause the owner likes him alot. I would put Mike Smith at the head of the class since Arthur Blank already stated he wants a class A type coach. Rex Ryan is a close second.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW will be back to his elite level this weekend against the NYG.
Bring it Russ.

Getting back some OL starters will be huge, and huge it will be.
Go Hawks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say if marvin lewis is on the hot seat. He's had many floundering teams and survived the axe cause the owner likes him alot. I would put Mike Smith at the head of the class since Arthur Blank already stated he wants a class A type coach. Rex Ryan is a close second.

I don't think Lewis is on the hot seat. Yes, they looked awful the other night and have looked awful a couple of times this year, but they still have a winning record and are a half game out in a tight division race involving all four teams. Dalton's seat, on the other hand, is getting hotter and if he doesn't take the Bengals to the playoffs and win a game in the next couple of years, he might not be around in Cinci for the entirety of that contract.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the sports commentators said it best. He thought Russell was pressing. Trying to do it all himself and it shows the difficulty he is having with a makeshift line.

For several games now he has started out just a bit off. Missing wide open throws or overthrowing. We can't always see how much or little separation the WR's have on the defender. What makes him great is he usually gets his ducks in a row and finishes real well.

My only concern is the lack of deep throws. Few and far between.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lewis is on the hot seat. Yes, they looked awful the other night and have looked awful a couple of times this year, but they still have a winning record and are a half game out in a tight division race involving all four teams. Dalton's seat, on the other hand, is getting hotter and if he doesn't take the Bengals to the playoffs and win a game in the next couple of years, he might not be around in Cinci for the entirety of that contract.

What were the Bengals management thinking giving Dalton that type of contract to an average player? Big mistake on their part.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ya tell me about it, I had him on my FF team.:doh: :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Yep, I have him in the Bigger Stronger Faster League so I know how you feel. Actually, you probably feel even worst that I do because his interceptions are -6 a piece in the Seahawks SportsHoopla league. Still, both of us are probably going to have a REALLY hard time overcoming that stinker of a performance that Dalton put up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the Bengals management thinking giving Dalton that type of contract to an average player? Big mistake on their part.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him an average player, but it was strange to see them give a guy who hasn't yet led his team to a playoff win a contract that big. From what I've read about it, it does sound like they can get out of it after a couple of years without being totally screwed financially. If that's the case, then I imagine that he's running out of time to prove his worth in the playoffs. What's worse for him is that that division race is so tight, they might not even make the playoffs this year.