• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you don't need to win anyway. Take one for the good of the league.
Hey, If I hadn't taken one in the shorts for the league last week - I'd be more on board with it. .... I hate 'losing streaks' - 2 constitutes a streak.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird but it's kind of fun to be holding all these picks and rooting for X team to score big and Y team to punt away points. The draft is going to be a blast and if the draft goes like Bandit has listed, I may go RB then QB and collect those Clemson players. If I have both the 1.01 and 1.02 ( instead of the 1.03) I likely go RB RB. Been doing some research early this year and really looking forward to the draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird but it's kind of fun to be holding all these picks and rooting for X team to score big and Y team to punt away points. The draft is going to be a blast and if the draft goes like Bandit has listed, I may go RB then QB and collect those Clemson players. If I have both the 1.01 and 1.02 ( instead of the 1.03) I likely go RB RB. Been doing some research early this year and really looking forward to the draft.

Well Scott and I already discussed it and we will not draft Trevor Lawrence in this league because we've killed every quarterback we've owned this year and we want him to survive until year 2. LOL. I just hope for his sake that it's not the Jets or if it is that Adam Gase is no longer there. How that guy still has a job is beyond me.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, at this point, in a vacuum, its RB#1, QB #2, both of which are Tigers, and no one else is even close.

Obviously tons can change, most notably landing spots. Like Bandit says, if Lawrence go to the Jets, under Base, maybe he falls (a lot)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Scott and I already discussed it and we will not draft Trevor Lawrence in this league because we've killed every quarterback we've owned this year and we want him to survive until year 2. LOL. I just hope for his sake that it's not the Jets or if it is that Adam Gase is no longer there. How that guy still has a job is beyond me.
He's still there to ensure a 0-16 record, then he gets the boot and the Jets draft Lawrence. They will be passing a bunch since they will be playing catch up every game. Good to know your passing on him and I can wait and draft him with monkeys pick. :rolleyes:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, at this point, in a vacuum, its RB#1, QB #2, both of which are Tigers, and no one else is even close.

Obviously tons can change, most notably landing spots. Like Bandit says, if Lawrence go to the Jets, under Base, maybe he falls (a lot)
I'm also keeping a eye on another RB and he would fit the Seahawks really well. :hope:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I no longer watch football (unless it's at Bandit's), I rely totally on my 'secret formula' to rack and stack 'um. .... so, obvious advantage to you guys on the 'eye test'. .... yet, I haven't done too poorly in rookie drafts. Guess sometimes looks can be deceiving in the transition from college to the pros.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I no longer watch football (unless it's at Bandit's), I rely totally on my 'secret formula' to rack and stack 'um. .... so, obvious advantage to you guys on the 'eye test'. .... yet, I haven't done too poorly in rookie drafts. Guess sometimes looks can be deceiving in the transition from college to the pros.
Sometimes?? Lol.

I've gotten a few lucky ones right..Cooper Kupp was my favorite WR steal, Mixon over Fournette, CMAC could handle the NFL, AJ Brown, dont touch Guice, don't touch Singletary or Montgomery, J. Jacobs, N. Chubb (even though Harold beat me to him everywhere) Jefferson over the big 3 this year..

But ive missed just as many if not more- Corey Coleman, D'Onta Foreman, Royce Freeman, R. Penny, Sony Michel, don't touch DK Metcalf, "who the eff is this McLuarin dude?"..., Vaughn this year being my biggest oopsie recently...and on and on.

Its not an exact science, not in the slightest. There are things that give strong visual indications if you know what to look for, but even then its still 50/50. The dudes who get paid six and seven figures certainly don't get it right much more than half the time, I'm not shocked that we don't either.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs no longer iffy, but out..and TKO has Booker..how do ya like them road apples??

Shit..

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs no longer iffy, but out..and TKO has Booker..how do ya like them road apples??

Shit..

relaxed natalie dormer GIF

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit..

Well if you think Bernard would be an upgrade, shoot me something.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending another version, @Yellow Fuzzies, just in case you see meaningful value there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you think Bernard would be an upgrade, shoot me something.
For the moment I'm holding out hope that CEH's "illness" keeps him from playing, so I can start Bell. If not, I'll likely double down on my Raiders passing attack vs the Jets sans Jacobs...might work, might be all Agholor and Booker...fockers

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the moment I'm holding out hope that CEH's "illness" keeps him from playing, so I can start Bell. If not, I'll likely double down on my Raiders passing attack vs the Jets sans Jacobs...might work, might be all Agholor and Booker...fockers
Okay gotcha, just thought I'd throw it out there.