• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guy I considered using the claim on was Bell. If he can find his way onto on of those idiotic teams who didn't take a RB in the draft, could be quite the steal
The problem with Bell is the same problem that it was last year. You have to change your entire offensive line blocking philosophy for him to succeed because of all that damn hesitating he does. When he was dominant in Pittsburgh it wasn't a big deal since he was getting like 95% of the offensive snaps, but offensive lineman have to hate that guy. They have to hold their blocks longer for him than for any other running back in football. The whole time they have to be screaming, "WOULD YOU JUST FUN THROUGH THE FUCKING HOLE ALREADY!"

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Bell is the same problem that it was last year. You have to change your entire offensive line blocking philosophy for him to succeed because of all that damn hesitating he does. When he was dominant in Pittsburgh it wasn't a big deal since he was getting like 95% of the offensive snaps, but offensive lineman have to hate that guy. They have to hold their blocks longer for him than for any other running back in football. The whole time they have to be screaming, "WOULD YOU JUST FUN THROUGH THE FUCKING HOLE ALREADY!"
Ultimately that's why I chose not to claim him, and rummage through the scrapes after waivers processed. Figured he wouldn't make it, but, hey, AP did, and he could easily end up in the same situation...or he's the first guy I drop later

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guy I considered using the claim on was Bell. If he can find his way onto on of those idiotic teams who didn't take a RB in the draft, could be quite the steal
Agreed. Still some life left in him if put in the right situation. Definitely a better chance than Derrius Guice has right now lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this back during his 1st camp holdout with Pittsburgh prior to 2017 season. Basically said he was going to be overpaid because nobody will have the O-line that can block like Pittsburgh did so he won't be able to produce the same. And even the Steelers top 3 O-line took a few seasons to gel with him. He cared more about money than a HOF-level career. No fault in that at all, but he cost himself a TON of money for holding out. He ended up signing the NYJ contract that was smaller in overall value with marginally better guarantees. Jets obviously took the 2-yr out on that contract anyways lol. Add in the $15m he cost himself for not signing the 2018 tag... I'd love to see a career timeline of all the money he lost by the decisions he made.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see everybody’s take on Carter/Javonte/Etienne when the time comes.

This being Sam and my first dynasty, wondering how landing spot balances against assumed talent, especially at RB. (QB seems like a no-brainer.)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see everybody’s take on Carter/Javonte/Etienne when the time comes.

This being Sam and my first dynasty, wondering how landing spot balances against assumed talent, especially at RB. (QB seems like a no-brainer.)
Matters a ton....to a point... :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that will be interesting to see, you and Sam will be making the first call on that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a idle idea. Could I just draft RBs with all my picks , then be able to flip one or two for a established WRs? Not what I was planning of course, but it is a intriguing idea. Kind of a TKO move.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that would be a lot more interesting if you and Harold didn't have all of the picks. LOL.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a idle idea. Could I just draft RBs with all my picks , then be able to flip one or two for a established WRs? Not what I was planning of course, but it is a intriguing idea. Kind of a TKO move.
Yes, of course you could, but really isn't that the same thing as just trading the pick for a wide receiver before or during the draft?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a couple of VERY established wide receivers and would be happy to help you out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, of course you could, but really isn't that the same thing as just trading the pick for a wide receiver before or during the draft?
Not necessarily. Having a stock pile at RB means once injuries and bye week hit I'd be the team that could afford to trade a RB.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder to everyone, you will not be able to add anybody else to your roster after 6:00pm tonight, or whatever time one of us commissioners goes in there and changes the setting. LOL. We will go in there and process waivers before we lock the rosters though, so anybody that is showing up as on waivers right now that you put in a claim for will process before the we lock everybody from adding players tonight. The system normally wouldn't process those guys until next Wednesday but our draft will have already started by then so they wouldn't process and that's not fair for anybody that put in a claim for somebody that was dropped on Wednesday. Once we lock everybody for adding more players, we will re-evaluate everybody's roster limits and let everybody know how much room they have to make their picks in the draft which starts Sunday night at 6:00pm. Yes I know it's Mother's Day, but it's a 24 hour clock, so it's not like we all have to be here at that time and Harold can choose to make his pick then or wait until Monday. Remember that you will be making your draft picks directly in Fantrax's site. You can also offer trades during the draft using Fantrax's site but of course feel free to send messages here as well. As we go along I will updating the draft on this thread as well so everybody will know where we stand on here as well as on the Fantrax site. Once anybody gets to the point that they are at 30 and they would like to make another pick, they will need to announce on this thread what player they are dropping first in order to make their pick. One of the commissioners will take care of going in there and dropping the player and then you can make your pick. Just so everybody knows, the rosters will show up that you can have 31 during the draft, but that is only because if we leave it at 30 the system will auto-skip you when it's your pick because your roster is already full and we don't want that to happen. This does not mean you can carry 31, it is only to make things easier on everybody later in the draft.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that would be a lot more interesting if you and Harold didn't have all of the picks. LOL.
We'll always entertain offers...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Having a stock pile at RB means once injuries and bye week hit I'd be the team that could afford to trade a RB.
Oh okay you're talking about later down the line. I thought you meant like right after the draft. I guess it depends then on how many points you would lose each week rolling out what your team would be drafting all running backs as opposed to drafting other spots. Having the 6th pick, I highly suggest that you draft all running backs. I really think that's the best way to go ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh okay you're talking about later down the line. I thought you meant like right after the draft. I guess it depends then on how many points you would lose each week rolling out what your team would be drafting all running backs as opposed to drafting other spots. Having the 6th pick, I highly suggest that you draft all running backs. I really think that's the best way to go ;)
I don't think it changes things for your team either way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I'd losed zero points for taking RBs. WRs and TE take time to produce as a rule while RBs give you instant production if they see the field.